Clive Cussler

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Lost in Codex
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lost-in-codex.html

Clive Cussler

Post by Lost in Codex »

The book I'm currently reading is "Spartan Gold" by Clive Cussler. It's the second book of his I've read. I want to love his books because they just seem so fun and yet informative in their own way. I enjoy the fact that he brings in a lot of historical events to his books.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

He's a good writer, his Fargo Adventure trilogy is thrilling. If you have a taste for history and want to go further back, I would certainly recommend Colleen McCullough's Masters Of Rome, a seven book series, starting from The First Man In Rome through to Antony And Cleopatra. Not as rollicking as Cussler but it certainly has similar evil, ruthless, scheming and absorbing characters!
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Francine

Post by Francine »

Hello
I think that Clive Cussler is the famous book writer .He is writing the many book like as The Sea Hunters, Raise The titanic,Atlantis Found,Pacific Vortex.
Regards
Francine
redbikechick

Post by redbikechick »

I just recently picked up The Wrecker at a book sale. My fist Clive Cussler book. Looking forward to reading it.
Pages_UK

Post by Pages_UK »

The Clive Cussler books are brilliant. If you like the adventure side of it I would recommend his Dirk Pitt series (although the majority of the books tend to follow the same basic outline). His Isaac Bell novels are also great, totally different to any other books I've read. They have you hooked on the story right up to the end.
redbikechick

Post by redbikechick »

You are so right. I read the Wrecker a couple months back and I am hooked!
FNAWrite

Post by FNAWrite »

I view Cussler's works rather like comic books for adults. His characters, Dirk Pitt in particular, but Bell and Juan Cabrillo too, are essentially superheroes and their adversaries fittingly are almnost exclusively super-villains. I find the books very enjoyable.

I believe it was panned, but I found the movie "Sahara" evocative of the mood of the books and definitely worth watching for Dirk Pitt fans.
[02271983]
Favorite Book: Polgara the Sorceress by David Eddings
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-02271983.html

Post by [02271983] »

Love Clive Cussler!!! I have read three of his Dirk Pitt series- Shock Wave, Trojan Odyssey, and Crescent Dawn. Also, Sea Hunters II, a non-fiction book that is just as much fun as his other books. They're fast reads, funny, exciting and almost educational. Can' wait to read the rest of Cusslers books!
Enchanting_Song
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-enchanting-song.html

Post by Enchanting_Song »

I've been reading Clive Cussler for awhile now. I've read Raise the Titanic! and Shockwave several times each, but there are so many more of his books to read! Sometimes, I can get a bit bogged down with the more technical jargon in his narratives, but he can sure paint a stunning action-adventure. ^_^

I'm hoping to read some more of his books in the near future, it has been awhile!
micky74007
Favorite Author: Robert B Parker
Favorite Book: The Yearling
Currently Reading: The Shack

Post by micky74007 »

I've read most of Clive Cussler's work and have enjoyed them all. However, I find the books he co-writes with his son Dirk Cussler to be the weakest books. Dirk does not have his father's talent. I think the Oregon File stories are the best.
thsavage2
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thsavage2.html
Latest Review: "The Edifice (Drifter Book 1)" by R. K. Holliday

Post by thsavage2 »

I am also a fan of Clive Cussler, but after reading a few books they do get a bit repetitive. I also like the Dirk Pitt books (and Dirk himself, he's a great character). I've found the best way to get around the somewhat formulaic nature of his books is to only read one every year or so, that way they seem more fresh than reading a bunch at once. I agree about the one's he's co-written with his son, they aren't quite as good.
Latest Review: "The Edifice (Drifter Book 1)" by R. K. Holliday
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

I read one of Cussler's books for a review. It's not typically a genre I would read, but I thought it was very well-written. It was difficult for me to get through, however, because it involved a military operation and it was heavy on the vernacular. I don't have much personal experience with the military, so a lot of that was lost on me. I'm not sure if all of his novels are that way, but I think he must appeal to a very specific audience.
Islandstyle+_

Post by Islandstyle+_ »

I've read several of books. There are others that I'm really interested in.
Ceeline

Post by Ceeline »

Hi!
I have read all of Clive Cussler's books with the exception of the 2 children's books, Dirk Pitt Revealed, and anything that is just coming out.
It's one adventure after another. The places and people in each book are so interesting! He is, by far, my favorite author.

Return to “Discuss Authors”