Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
BacePoet96
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by BacePoet96 »

Rick Riordan
mrswoodlee
Currently Reading: Dreamlander
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrswoodlee.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon

Post by mrswoodlee »

Too many favorites to narrow down to just one. If I could only read the works of one author for the rest of my life, I would pick Jane Austen. I know that's a common choice, but that's for good reasons: the strong voice with which she writes, as if talking to a friend; the realistic characters who are just like people today; the clarity of her prose; her wit and subtle jabs and jests; dialogue that is so authentic it could have been transcribed. All of these things make for highly enjoyable reads, romance aside. But, yes, that part is great, too. :wink2:

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery. I quit such odious subjects as soon as I can, impatient to restore everybody not greatly in fault themselves to tolerable comfort, and to have done with all the rest." -- Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

J.K. Rowling without a doubt for me. She has a way with words that makes both her characters and her stories come to life in such a way that I had never experienced before. She made me empathize with all of her characters. It was clear just how much time, work, and planning she put into every single one of them. Same for her plots. She seems to know everything about her characters and the universe that she created. That, I believe, is the mark of a truly amazing author, and also what makes her books so fascinating to read.
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

Paulo Coelho and Isabel Allende are the writers who never fail to move me. There is so much depth and emotion in their stories, and always lessons to be learned.
My heart though, belongs to Hemingway :heart:
Berry :wine:
hamntn

Post by hamntn »

James Michner
Ambassada

Post by Ambassada »

Myles Munroe
Hannah_decastro

Post by Hannah_decastro »

Nora Roberts
-brintontaylor
Currently Reading: Pretty Little Liars
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brintontaylor.html
Latest Review: Toxic Side Effect by Sandy Magner

Post by -brintontaylor »

My favourite author has got to be Sara Shepard!

I have nearly every one of her books, and I've also read nearly all of them too! She somehow manages to keep me interested and I remember reading one of her books in under 4 hours - I couldn't put it down! :geek2:
BehindARedline
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by BehindARedline »

There are a lot of authors that I love, some being Brian Jacques with his Redwall series, J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter of course, Erin Morganstern I dare you not to love the prose of The Night Circus and Ursula K. La Guin who world from the Wizard of Earthsea not only contained magic but let me understand it.

My favorite though, has to be Neil Gaiman and his short story collections- my favorite being Smoke and Mirrors.
HANNAH OBRIEN
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-obrien.html

Post by HANNAH OBRIEN »

:no-spoil: Nora Roberts is my favorite author she keeps me warm
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

My favorite author is Linda Leal Miller as I love cowboy books and romance. I started reading her work when I was a senior in high school and I just fell in love with her work. I even like her non cowboy work as well. Her characters and plots are very well laid out and tangle with her other books very nicely. My book shelf is overflowing with her work.
Essentially_Literate
Favorite Book: Beastly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-essentially-literate.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Essentially_Literate »

This is a difficult question to answer! I would say my favorite author is Katie McGarry! I adore her YA romances! I also enjoy Cassandra Clare and John Green!
Mikes70ikey

Post by Mikes70ikey »

Danielle Steel. Her characters are so lovable and so real. And her story settings are so glamorous. It amazes me how she turns out novel after novel. I'm so inspired by her, but I've yet to finish a TV movie I started. It's still in the creative stages. I also love Victoria Holt (British). I've read nearly all of her gothic romances. And then there's Daphne du Maurier.
Babyface87
Currently Reading: Robin Williams
Bookshelf Size: 138
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babyface87.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Babyface87 »

I actually have several authors I really enjoy! Judith Mcnaught being one of them, i am currently readon "A kingdom of dreams" I have already read it once but I just had to buy the book and re-read it :D its so awsome! I have several of her books, but I found out that there are more so I need them as well.

Other authors are E.L James, although I have only read "fifty shades" series and i just love it!

Another author is Jodie Ellen Malpas, oh my god! if you enjoy Judith Mcnaught i think you will enjoy Jodie as well. The best series from Jodie I have read so far is "this man" series. The duo is incrediable!

Another one is Silvia Day, I really like her "the crossfire" series :)

there were quite a few but these are my favorite authors so far :D
SingularityRising

Post by SingularityRising »

William Gibson :) For creating cyberpunk

Return to “Discuss Authors”