Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Mizzgraham711
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Mizzgraham711 »

A few of my favorite authors are Patrick Rothfuss, Jandy Nelson, Melissa Marr, and Kelley Armstrong. I love their characters and the predicaments they are able to overcome. I have met Melissa Marr a few times already, and she is also so very kind.
Firedrake
Currently Reading: Flamecaster
Bookshelf Size: 696
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-firedrake.html
Latest Review: "Roan" by E. R. Barr

Post by Firedrake »

Some of my favorites (fantasy is my favored genre): Charles de Lint, Patricia McKillip, Juliet Marillier, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, and Sharon Shinn. The common threads among these are that they are all strongly character based fiction, but can also take my breath away with the sheer power of their writing. Each of them has their own distinct style, and know how to craft a book that no one else could ever have written.
Latest Review: "Roan" by E. R. Barr
RJWaugh
Favorite Author: Christine Feehan
Currently Reading: The Word Collector
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rjwaugh.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
fav_author_id: 2573

Post by RJWaugh »

I used to work at a used bookstore for 8 years and it was the best job of my life. With this job, I've had the opportunity to hear of various books written by many authors. I'm familiar with a lot of popular romance authors because I went on a binge reading from authors like Feehan, Lynsay Sands, Sherrilyn Kenyon and Maggie Shayne. They are fun to read and a total escape. Now I primarily read Stephen King, James Patterson, Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, David Baldacci and Michael Crichton. This is only when I have the time to read fiction. I'm going to school to get a degree in Criminal Justice, so I spend a lot more of my time reading textbooks and online research now.

It's nice to meet all of you!
Reanna
Humamazhar2018
Currently Reading: The Vatican Children
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Humamazhar2018 »

J K Rowling is one of my favorite author
Rhiamorgan16

Post by Rhiamorgan16 »

Ellen Hopkins is my all time favorite author. I love all of her pieces for her different style of writing including a big dose of reality from the inside point of view.
dominika

Post by dominika »

Rhiamorgan16 wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 19:04 Ellen Hopkins is my all time favorite author. I love all of her pieces for her different style of writing including a big dose of reality from the inside point of view.
Recently I became interested in her books! Can you tell me which book you recommend at the beginning?
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

My favorite authors are Robert Kiyosaki, Tony Robbins, Stephen Covey, Norman Vincent Peale, Bo Sanchez and the new ones is Rob White and Jody Miller. All are motivational authors and speakers at the same time. Because I Love to read Non-fiction books.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
Humamazhar2018
Currently Reading: The Vatican Children
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Humamazhar2018 »

My favorite are too many, i like to read sometimes romance, sometimes fantasy, sometimes magic, sometimes thrill and adventure, sometimes fiction.
Few i am listing
J K Rowling
Arthur Conan Doyle
Chetan Bhagat
Stephenie Meyer
Jerome-bernos23

Post by Jerome-bernos23 »

These books are very nice those authors are creative and enthusiasm
Peterhchurch
Favorite Author: Douglas E. Richards
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39423">The creacher from jeckle island</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peterhchurch.html
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 18660

Post by Peterhchurch »

The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve by G. Edward Griffin. This is my favorite book as it opened my eyes to the evil of the progressive movement that started back in germany in the late 18th century. Just a beginning , one needs do due diligence and research , but a great place to start to understand the truth of how we became the self absorbed society we are today. A real transformation from the independant, pioneering, self sufficient, society we were.
Latest Review: "Twisted Threads" by Kaylin McFarren
atchuy

Post by atchuy »

My favourite authors : Jane Austen and Nicholas Sparks
Aizah_rivals

Post by Aizah_rivals »

My absolute favorite author is Cassandra Class for her dazzling way with words and clever wit! :)
Musana Alex

Post by Musana Alex »

John Gershwan, G. Edward Griffin, Tonny Robins are some of my favorite authors
ruishigan
Currently Reading: Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by ruishigan »

Neil Gaiman! Honestly, I have a lot of authors I like, so I don't really have a real favorite.
harrypotterreader

Post by harrypotterreader »

Victor Hygo

Return to “Discuss Authors”