Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Tangier1
Currently Reading: The Notebook
Bookshelf Size: 3

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Tangier1 »

Ykeys wrote: 22 Mar 2018, 17:50 Mine is Chinue Achebe. An African novelist. Followed by Shakespeare and his sweet plays. Jane Austin because of her friction which are amazing love stories, Lord Tennyson's poems... And much more
Chinue Achebe, thank you I am always excited to try someone I've never read. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
Old Reb
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Old Reb »

Depends on the genre, I guess.

Mysteries: Lee Child, David Baldacci, James Lee Burke, Michael Connelly
Historical fiction: Bernard Cornwell, Wilbur Smith, Steven Scarrow, Ken Follett, Tim Willocks
Horror: Joe R. Lansdale

I also like non-fiction, especially military history and Roman Empire.
bootsie0126+
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bootsie0126.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01GEW27DA

Post by bootsie0126+ »

Being an avid horror story fan, I would have to say Stephen King, although there are numerous others that I enjoy just as well. These include:

Robin Cook
Clyde Barker
Dean Koontz
V.C. Andrew

If we are talking about Mystery and Suspense genre, I would list the following:

David Baldacci
John Grisham
Michael Connelly
Iris Johansen
Robert Ludlow and of course
James Patterson

I cannot in all honesty claim anyone book as my favorite because each book read that I considered great have done so for different reasons.
haveGood

Post by haveGood »

My personal favorite author due to my own preference is John Updike
My pick for best prose is Joseph Conrad
My pick for greatest catalog is Faulkner
My pick for most consistent is Cormac McCarthy
My pick for author of the greatest achievment is W Somerset Maughan because I think Of Humqn Bondage is the greatest novel ever written
Jesscar6
Currently Reading: A Song of Ice and Fire
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscar6.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Jesscar6 »

I really like Terry Schott. I love nearly all his books. They are just the type I like and written in a way I like.
Amanda Nixon
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-nixon.html
Latest Review: Saving Grace by Kathryn Garten

Post by Amanda Nixon »

I love Ray Bradbury. Check out Illustrated Man if you have not already. I also love Shakespeare though.
pamj1999

Post by pamj1999 »

My favorite author would have to be, James Patterson! I LOVE his books I am a big mystery geek and when I read his novels I just feel like I never know what is coming, and another big plus is, it's all short chapters so you don't feel like you are reading one chapter forever! I also love how he has many many sequences!
ke_za_yah

Post by ke_za_yah »

As of this moment my favorite author is Cassandra Clare my favorite quote will be ''all stories are true''. Which in my opinion is right because at some point the stories or books or novels is base on something like an experience. I also like how Clare quotes and references other books in the chapters of her books, which shows how much of a reader she is.
Nayda-36
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Nayda-36 »

I love Dean Koontz. Currently I own around 50 of his novels. My favorite series is Odd Thomas.
I also favor Paulo Coelho, his books are for personal learning and healings.
Mami Kirk

Post by Mami Kirk »

CS LEWIS
Booklover128
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover128.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Booklover128 »

I think there is too much talent out in the world to pigeonhole my favorite but I must mention Lee Child as One Shot is one of my favorite ever books in the thriller/mystery genre! The development of Jack Reacher throughout the series is fantastic and I just love the way One Shot reads, I have spent more Sundays curled up to his books than I care to admit! :)
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

My favorite author is Nicholas Sparks. His A Walk to Remember was an emotional ride, powerful, and rich in heartwarming messages to the reader.
tanya shukla
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanya-shukla.html
Latest Review: Gates to Tangier by Mois Benarroch

Post by tanya shukla »

My favourite author is Khalil Gibran, ever since I laid my eyes on his magnificent works, I am just smitten. The Broken Wings and Prophet are my all time favourite books. I also enjoy reading Leo Tolstoy's diadtic short stories as well as O.Henry's clever works.
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

Mine are Alexandre Dumas and Ron Chenrow. Dumas' books are so creative and compelling, filled with twists and turns and complex characters. Ron Chenrow's biographies read list fiction stories and just draw me in. They are the only biographies that I cannot put down.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
thorntonx

Post by thorntonx »

JK Rowling, always and forever! I was always a big reader as a child, but there was something about the Harry Potter books, which came out when I was about 7/8 years old, that inspired me to read. I have everything to thank her for. I have favourite authors as an adult but Harry Potter will always be my number one series of books.

Return to “Discuss Authors”