Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
blessings4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by blessings4 »

Hey guys i am new here and just happenned to stumble into this topic so let me just get on with it .For me ever since was a little child books were my life and personally J.K. Rowling is my all time favorite . She is the author of one of the bestselling series of all time HARRY POTTER . I mostly like her approach to novel writing as it creates a new amazing world for the reader because if you are to start from the very first book in the series you will fall deeper in love with the characters as you proceed with the other also a good series for those who feel insecure and unfit in their social life since it is about people from different backgrounds and with different pasts.
Rafaelrutherford

Post by Rafaelrutherford »

My favorite author would be Erin Hunter i all ways lovers books where the world is from a different perspective
Megan01
Currently Reading: The Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megan01.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by Megan01 »

My personal favorite is Pierre Bottero. He's a French writer and his fantasy trilogy The Marchombre's Pact was truly wonderful and well written. I can't put in words what he made me feel while I was reading the trilogy but let me tell you that it was powerful.
uniquereader
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uniquereader.html
Latest Review: Unveil your Intimate Self by Elena Georgiadou

Post by uniquereader »

Ernest Hemingway, I enjoy reading his books
Allyseria
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-allyseria.html
Latest Review: Choosing Happiness by Emily Hunter Slingluff

Post by Allyseria »

It has to be Jane Austen for me. When I was younger, a lot of people would recommend her to me, but I would avoid her books at all cost. The reason was because I thought classics were set in the olden times, so how would I be able to relate to the characters? But I was so wrong. After giving them a try a few years earlier (for the sole reason of being able to tell people that I have read her works), I fell in love with them. Every character in her books, no matter how minor, was fully developed and had their own unique personalities. It was the first time that I had read something with this level of detail to the characters. It was mind blowing! Every character felt so real. From then on, I've always proudly named Jane Austen as my favourite author.
JHuschle519
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhuschle519.html
Latest Review: End of the Last Great Kingdom by Victor Rose

Post by JHuschle519 »

I have several authors that I really love. I'm a big fan of the fantasy genres, so there are two that immediately come to mind. The first is the late Robert Jordan. I began reading his The Wheel of Time series when I was fifteen years old, and when the last book came out another fifteen years later it took me a while to start reading it. I'd spent half my life with those characters, and I didn't want the adventure to end. It was that good.

The second author on my list is Jim Butcher. Most people know his Dresden Files books, but he has a lot of other great stuff as well. These are my go to books when I want to read something, but I'm having trouble choosing something new. It doesn't matter that I've read most of his books multiple times. They give me the same thrill every time.
Jmar_la
Currently Reading: Toxic Side Effect
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmar-la.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Jmar_la »

So far, my favorite authors are writers of Christian fiction and sometimes historical as well. I love reading books by Francine Rivers and have read almost all of them. The books that have been most favorite of mine are The Mark of the Lion series; Redeeming Love, The Last Sin-Eater, which was most intriguing, and several others. Another author I have enjoyed is Jan Karon who writes a series of books called the Mitford series. It is a mixture of humor, sadness, tragedy, redemption and with unforgettable characters. I remember years ago reading Leon Uris' Exodus and being introduced to the plight of the Jews during WWII for the first time. He was a favorite author.
KrisShah
Currently Reading: Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-krisshah.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by KrisShah »

Hands down Michelle Moran and Wally Lamb.
Marybthking
Favorite Book: A Bloody Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marybthking.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Marybthking »

My current favorite is Neil Gaiman. I love that it is impossible to pigeon hole him into a genre, or file his appeal into an age demographic. The story lines are pure enchantment and the characters vulnerable and heroic. Once I pick up one of his books, I know that I won't put it down until it's finished.
Adediran Israel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adediran-israel.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Adediran Israel »

My favorite author is kenneth hagin, his book is so inspirational and spirit filled
Fayo Kola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Fayo Kola »

My favorite author has to Irene Hannon. She writes stories I love and they never bore me no matter how many times I read them or how times I read her books. I always finish the book write a respect for her..
Peggyblueeyes1

Post by Peggyblueeyes1 »

My favorite author is Harlan Cobin I love murder mysteries and he keeps you guessing until the end. :techie-studyingbrown:
Owang001

Post by Owang001 »

No way I'm going to limit myself to one Authur..
1. Jeffrey Archer
2. Ann Rule
3. Jodi Picolt
4. Marcia Clerk
7.Douglas Kennedy
WayneIObura

Post by WayneIObura »

Mine is G.R. Martin.He has a way of interweaving plots and storylines that is simply marvelous
slogan50
Currently Reading: The Chemist
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by slogan50 »

Stephen King is one of my favorites! I took a break from reading his books (ten years or so) and recently my sister and I read his latest thriller, "The Outsider". It was a bit gory, which is one reason I took a break from reading his books. However, I pushed through and continued on and was hooked. Stephen King's books are such intense thrillers that I was actually "afraid" to go to sleep some evenings. Depending on what chapter I had just read in the book. Anyway, totally hooked again, and plan to read "Insomnia" next!
:techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Discuss Authors”