Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
euniceanne
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by euniceanne »

I have gew favorites author. One would be Jenny Han. Her works just capture my attention and never fail to leave a smile across my face after reading her works!

Next would be John Green, the 2nd author I first knew. The plot twists and unexpected ending of his works just left my mouth open. He also likes to collaborate with magnificent authors, so that’s another thing. Looking for Alaska and The Fault in Our Stars are a must read!

Next would be Veronica Roth. I love her! I just do. Read her works and know why.

Lang Leav’s also in my list. The way she put her feelings into words? Magical. I kid you not.

There are still some but these are my top!
sherif olabode
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 71

Post by sherif olabode »

I read many book and know many authors name they are all genius and good,I most especially read(Doyle,Arthur Conan)books it love it and it inspired me most,i think he is my best author.
hayn623

Post by hayn623 »

I just finished reading A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles. It was phenomenal as not only was it beautifully written, but I find myself thinking about some of the philosophies of his characters on a daily basis. I also love Steinbeck, Vonnegut, Salinger....
shizuku42

Post by shizuku42 »

I love reading the fantasy genre, so my usual authors are Robin McKinley, Megan Whalen Turner, and Diana Wynne Jones...however, my all-time favourite author is Alexandre Dumas. I always make time to read the Count of Monte Cristo at least once a year, it's my favourite book.
Bjallen1974
Currently Reading: The Dream Keepers
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by Bjallen1974 »

My favorite author is Johanna Lindsay.I like the fact that they touch on now but also history
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

I adore Jacqueline Carey for her Kushiel novels and Margaret Mitchell simply for Scarlett. I am truly not a feminist, just a very sexual and self serving woman and both the Phedre and Scarlett characters resonate so soundly with me. If you've never read them, please message me, I'd love to gush over how much I love the Kushiel books!
Sjobo
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Sjobo »

my favorite author is Daniel Steele and my favorite book by her is The Mistress.
I'm such a lover of romance, and her style of writing is amazing.
WiseWolf90

Post by WiseWolf90 »

I'm a historical romance and paranormal reader so I love it them all especially
Lynsay sands
Laurel k. Hamilton
Karen sparks
jenjayfromSA
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenjayfromsa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jenjayfromSA »

This is a hard one. I suppose it depends on the genre. Someone mentioned Zane Grey. I loved him as a kid and devoured Louis L'Amour. Growing up I found SF - Isaac Asimov, Robert Heinlein and the other classics. A lifelong love affair. Fantasy, Anne McCaffrey and Diana Wynne Jones and, of course, Tolkein. I took the Lord of the Rings to the maternity ward as I knew it would take a long time. 3 in 1, a very fat book, the nurses thought it was very funny. Note: I didn't get to read it for a while. It's one I reread every three years or so.
Mel816

Post by Mel816 »

Lee Child is my favorite author. I just love the 'Jack Reacher Series'. It's a true pleasure to read one of his books. With all the action, comedic moments & suspense; you're left longing for the next book in the series. He's an amazing writer.
aseelja
Currently Reading: To Kill a Mockingbird
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by aseelja »

I can't pass by a john green's book, He is an amazingly great writer and he never fails me.
Love all of his books and everything that is similar to his way of writing.
RIX1560

Post by RIX1560 »

I like Patrick O'Brien because
his writtings tell of operations of operatons ,traditions and customs of sailing warships .Each book I go on a voyage and find what it was like for my ancestors that served the Royal Navy or American Continental Navy.
zoereznor
Favorite Author: Raymond Carver
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zoereznor.html
Latest Review: Hello, My Love by Evy Journey
fav_author_id: 6218

Post by zoereznor »

My favorite author is probably Raymond Carver.

"There are significant moments in everyone's day that can make literature. That's what you ought to write about."
scififantauthor
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by scififantauthor »

Terry Goodkind, hands down. However, I would not recommend his books to just anybody. His villains are all sadists, and their brutal and perverse actions can be rather shocking. They work great at personifying evil, though, so if you can read them with the understanding that he is setting the tone for how bad these guys really are, you won't be sickened by their actions.

The reason he is my favorite author is his incredible ability to write real characters. Richard, Kahlan, Cara, and Nicci are real people to me. They make mistakes. They have real emotions, and react as real people, not just to move the story along. If I could create characters half as well as Mr. Goodkind, I'd be the happiest writer around.
SPasciuti
Favorite Author: Marissa Meyer
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 46410">The Wendy</a>
Currently Reading: Cinder
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spasciuti.html
Latest Review: Samuel by Samuel kidstar
fav_author_id: 2388

Post by SPasciuti »

I absolutely love Marissa Meyer. Her stories are fantastic, her characters beautifully developed, and her writing is just wonderful. I think the thing that I appreciated most about her was the fact that her debut novel was so amazing. I find, oftentimes, that some authors have just okay first novels or decent ones...but nothing so spectacular that I find myself rereading it all the time. I'm a really big fan of the way she writes and the characters she develops. I think it'll be really hard for another author to replace her.

Return to “Discuss Authors”