Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Steph_90
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Steph_90 »

My favorite would have to be Stephen King! He is such a good writer and it feels real while your reading and it is so addictive like you don't want to put it down.
kieramk
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by kieramk »

J.K Rowling because I love the harry potter series. Not just the books, but the movies too.
Winniewang0616

Post by Winniewang0616 »

I think either rick riordan or Cassandra Clare is the best author because they honestly have a very unique writing style where any age can read the book and still be interested. I think their plots are always unexpected and have a lot of twists so it’s not cliche or boring and appeals to youths because it has fantasy and some kind of sci-fi developed into the lore of the book while it has a little romance (but not mature content) incorporated into it too, to keep other readers interested. Also, the vocabulary isn’t too easy and has an interesting concept to the books, because both have back stories and are based off of a great context or mythology.
peytonmorris8

Post by peytonmorris8 »

Mary Downing Hahn is a very good writer. If you're into scary stories with history, tragedy, and even some emotion, I highly recommend reading some of her books. "The Old Willis Place," is my perosnal favorite.
Amano

Post by Amano »

My favorite author is Nicholas sparks
Really loves his novels and his novels always have....that scene :eusa-naughty: :eusa-naughty: :lol:
Mpruett-09
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mpruett-09.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Post by Mpruett-09 »

How do you narrow it down to just one?

Here are two of mine. I absolutely ADORE anything by Karen Kingsbury. Her books easily draw in the reader, have fabulous storylines, and are inspirational at the same time.

My second favorite right now is Laura Action. She is a newly self-published author but her books are really good. The characters and storylines are well developed and easily draw you in!
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
20thCenturyBoy

Post by 20thCenturyBoy »

Arthur Conan Doyle. Definitely. I still remember when I read my first Sherlock Holmes book. I finished it in one day! So exciting! :lol:
Trevchatman
Currently Reading: The Mighty Blue Saves Christmas
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Trevchatman »

Maya Angelou Is My Favorite Author.😀😁😊😉🙂☺️😆
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

My favorite author is Sonia Choqutte. I have a few more favorites as well.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Trevchatman
Currently Reading: The Mighty Blue Saves Christmas
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Trevchatman »

My favorite Author is Mya Angelou because her inspiring voice and the history in every poem she writes
What I live For
strawberry2

Post by strawberry2 »

my favorite author is Zane
Laura Eleen
Currently Reading:

Post by Laura Eleen »

my favourite author is Anna Tedd
I just enjoyed her romantic novels and one of them being After1 to After 3.she really motivates the readers with her writing and she is such a good author with captivating scenes of romance between Harry and Tess.
Atheinne
Bookshelf Size: 32

Post by Atheinne »

When I was little, I received a book written by Enid Blyton and I loved her short stories (I still remember it after 8 years!!!). Then I delved into YA and obsessed over the Six of Crows series written by Leigh Bardugo. I loved her books so much that I followed her on almost all of her social media accounts LOL. She writes so great I had to read her other books too!!! SHE'S AWESOME!
c2clark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c2clark.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by c2clark »

I cant believe no one has mentioned her, although, I guess she might not be a well known author...

Nalini Singh is by far my favorite author. She writes the Psy/Changeling series as well as the Guild Hunter series. Both a must read for anyone that likes syfy/romance with strong characters. She also has the Rock Kiss series, but I tend to like more of the syfy, Rock Kiss takes place in the present world and although, both Guild Hunter and Psy/Changeling take place in our world, they have a syfy twist that makes you never want to put the book down.

Forewarning though, she has progressed really far in both series, if you start reading you might get hooked and its a long way to the end!
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
joanhooten65

Post by joanhooten65 »

I love to read books by John Gershwan such as the client.His books are great when you are sick :D

Return to “Discuss Authors”