Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
rune
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rune.html

Re: Who is your FAVORITE Author?

Post by rune »

My favourite authors can change, depending on what series I am following. However, at present -

Jim Butcher
Ilona Andrews
Patricia Briggs
Gail Carriger
Kim Harrison
Rob Thurman
afrakes
Currently Reading: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-afrakes.html

Post by afrakes »

Bookandbits89 wrote:Mitch albom
I've got to agree! Mitch Albom will always be my go to for a good read.
Oberon_61

Post by Oberon_61 »

My favorite author changes with the season, but currently it's Upton Sinclair. He has a brilliant talent for writing in way that manages to be stimulating and intellectual without tedium or pretension.
AutumnPhillips
Favorite Author: Thomas Harris
Bookshelf Size: 2
fav_author_id: 2793

Post by AutumnPhillips »

For the last 6 years, ever since the very first time I ever encountered his work, my favorite author has been Thomas Harris :) I have to admit, it's awfully stressful when I want so badly to discuss Thomas Harris's books, and almost everyone online it seems has only seen the movies or (MUCH worse) the (terrible) TV series "based on" (and I use that term VERY lightly) his books... I just made this account today hoping to find someone else who wants to chat about Harris's books, but I'd love to chat about anyone else's favorite authors too! It's always nice to meet new people (and authors) ;) :)
Nichol

Post by Nichol »

My favorite author is Ernest Hemingway. Haters, bring me what you got
AishaTBN
Currently Reading: The Thousand Nights And One Night
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aishatbn.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by AishaTBN »

Elizabeth Gilbert
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
JCSparkles

Post by JCSparkles »

Markus Zusak is definitely my favorite author. I fell in love with his writing the moment I laid my hands on the Book Thief. His other book,the Messenger is good as well, but the Book Thief will forever be my favorite. Seriously hoping that he publishes something soon.
megankilbey
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megankilbey.html

Post by megankilbey »

I'm really loving Linwood Barlcay at the moment! He's a mystery/crime writer and I think his books are so good!
EricLee
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 09">Empire Falls</a>
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ericlee.html

Post by EricLee »

Since most people are posting the typical route of fiction authors, I'll add that my favorite author is Robert Ludlum. I believe he is the father of the modern espionage thriller - even after this genre has "blow up" recently due to some high profile movies...no one can keep you captivated throughout an entire book like he can.

As far as non-fiction goes, it would have to be Thomas Sowell but I won't bore any of you with the details of that one (he is an economist).
Michaelby

Post by Michaelby »

Hi there!
I have just joined the onlinebookclub.
I love books, always have for as long as I can remember.
I don't have a Kindle, but recently have started using an old 7" tablet for reading.
My favourite author? Tough question!
Stephen King is definetley up there. In the middle of "End of Watch" at the moment. A real page turner.
I look forward to many happy hours here. Thank you.
sophiemer642
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 97930">The Popularity Papers (The Popularity Papers #1)</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114

Post by sophiemer642 »

My favorite author is definitely Margaret Peterson Haddix. Her books are really captivating, and her writing style is very unique. Her books are usually mysteries, which is hands down, my favorite genre. My favorite book from her, which was a difficult decision, would have to be Under Their Skin.
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

My favourite author is Mario Puzo. Having read all his books, I was never disappointed. The way he describes scenes and people in his books is just too good to be true. Most of his books also have useful life lessons.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna
lovelywu

Post by lovelywu »

William Faulkner,l like lots of authors,Samuel Beckett,Joseph Heller,Donleavy,William styron,Nabokov,Thomas Hardy,Michael Cunningham,Proust,Kingsley Amis,Thomas Pynchon,Dickens,Lawrence Durrell,Henry Miller,Erskine Caldwell ,steinbeck,Paul bowles,Dreiser,Malcolm Lowry,James Jones,John cheever,James Dickey,Doctorow,Marquez,Stegner,john Barth,Vonnegut,Ford Madox ford,Harper Lee,Booth Tarkington,Thoreau,and so on
SilviaP21
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silviap21.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by SilviaP21 »

I would have to say Agatha Christie. I just can't get enough of her books
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
duatibashir
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 92041">Can I Be Frank?</a>
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by duatibashir »

My Favorite Author is Larry Winget. He is a great and a wonderful writer whose books are tough and offer a kick-butt approach to a better life. He has mastered the art of calling a spade a spade without beating about the bush.He writes candidly about the hypocrisies,folly, inefficiencies of mankind . Once you read his books ,you go home with a true picture of who and what you are .

Return to “Discuss Authors”