Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
insertbookpunhere
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by insertbookpunhere »

Stephen King and Margaret Atwood.
dizcopper

Post by dizcopper »

I like cassandra clare but L.J. Smith is a very close second because of her vampire diaries and nightworld series
Jmar_la
Currently Reading: Toxic Side Effect
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jmar-la.html
Latest Review: The Warramunga's War by Greg Kater

Post by Jmar_la »

Right now my favorite author is David J. Mauro. I just finished reading The Altitude Journals by him and it was one of the most interesting books I have read in a long time..and it is non-fiction which is not my favorite genre. He was telling about his experiences mountain climbing and he wrote as if he was telling about the adventure as he climbed. He wrote in a way that just captivated me and drew me on the adventure with him. I know he is not a tried and tested author, not famous, probably has not written a whole lot of books, but he is still my favorite author right now.
Lil Reads
Currently Reading: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lil-reads.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by Lil Reads »

I don't have one specific favorite author overall; I enjoy different authors for different moods.

If I had to choose one author I really enjoy, it is Edith Wharton. She wrote about the upper class of Gilded Age New England, criticizing the social problems of the social class she was brought up in, similar to Jane Austen.

Although she is most well known for Age of Innocence or House of Mirth (she was the first woman awarded the Pulitzer Prize for the former), she also wrote nonfiction, including travelogues and books on interior design.
:coffee3-smiley: :auto-mysterymachine:
Hannahhhh
Currently Reading: Allegiant
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Hannahhhh »

I don't really have a favourite author, but if I would pick an author of a book that I was really most into, that would be John Grisham.

I own 8 of his books including The Testament and The Summons. Although, my favourite book of his would be A Time to Kill. I don't have the book but we read it at school (the whole book) and it was a really good one, totally recommended for those people who love mystery and suspense.
Sunnyroyish
Currently Reading: Journey of a Bedroom Poet
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunnyroyish.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Sunnyroyish »

My favourite writer and also poet is the great Rabindranath Tagore. I have never known a writer as versatile as he is. He also received Nobel prize for Gitanjali.
EmeraldEyes8918
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by EmeraldEyes8918 »

Roald Dahl, Beatrix Potter, Jacqueline Wilson and J.K. Rowling during my childhood, and in my adult years, I love Ian McEwan and Margaret Atwood, though I like to dip into the books I read growing up to feel younger again. :)
Northernbird84
Currently Reading: The Crossing
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-northernbird84.html
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA

Post by Northernbird84 »

It's so tough to pick just one but the ones that leap into my head are Stephen King and James Herbert.

I started reading my Dad's James Herbert books when I was 12 and I had worked my way through all the point horror books in our local library.

I remember that the Cottage was the first novel of his I ever read and I was immersed into his universe! Although I've never quite recovered from the squirrel lol!
Latest Review: Fulfillment by ICA
osman98

Post by osman98 »

J K ROWLING
ShaunaConstant
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shaunaconstant.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Post by ShaunaConstant »

There are many authors that I enjoy, but I would have to agree with many people by saying J.K. Rowling is the first author to come to mind when I am asked that question. I feel like I was lucky enough to kind of grow up with Harry. I was introduced to Harry Potter when there was only one or two books out. I caught up really fast and enjoyed waiting for the midnight releases. Even to this day I will read through the Harry Potter series about once a year. Out of all the books I have read, this series and author has stuck with me the most.
cadencebowen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by cadencebowen »

Oh my goodness! There are too many good authors to name just ONE!

Some of my favorites are Diana Gabaldon, Sylvia Plath, Amanda Lovelace and Stephen King.
marina ag

Post by marina ag »

this is a really tough decision, but I would have to chose Paulo Coelho. he really does change the way you see and interpret the details that surround you. He also cures your thirst for knowledge.
itsnipo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by itsnipo »

My summer is kinda boring so in order to entertain myself, I started to read books.

Jay Bell is one of my fave authors. He wrote 'Something Like Series' which was basically YA MM series. The characters are lovable. And the good thing is that it has 10 book series.

Simon James Green wrote Noah Can't Even and I should tell you, it was literally the funniest book I've read. Well, it's all about coming out so yeah, the plot is super funny and Noah is so lovable!
Panthers56

Post by Panthers56 »

My favorite author is V.C Andrews
ea_anthony
Favorite Book: Praying successfully
Currently Reading: Prisoners of Geography
Bookshelf Size: 650
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ea-anthony.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by ea_anthony »

For me there can never be any favourite author, it's just impossible to have one, what of genres? There are just too many genres that I like. Now for special mention, it seems right to start with Stephen King, then there's Dean Koontz and what do you say about Thomas Harris (One little book every 10 years), what of Jeffery Deaver (have only read The bone collector - and to me the most intelligently written thriller ever).
Then authors writing in not so popular genres - Alvin Toffler (a genius and a nostradamus in his own right), Napoleon Hill, Norman Vincent Peale.
What of African writer? Ben Okri, Chinua Achebe, Chimamanda Adichie or Ngugi Wa Thiongo. What of Alex haley of Roots fame?
Then for christian books, Charles Spurgeon is about the best I have come across, then Derek Prince (late) and Max Lucado have great books.
Too many authors, too many genres.
N.B
C.S Lewis
Mario Puzo
Leon Uris
James Hardley Chase
Mary Higgins Clark
Patricia Cornwell (Kay Scarpeta - my all time female fictional character)
Janet Evanovich (Stephanie Plum - my No. 2 all time )
Dan Brown (Please go read Digital Fortress)
Richard North Patterson (Kerry Kilcannon - my joint favourite fictional US president)
Tom Clancy (Jack Ryan - joint favourite/original favourite US fictional president)
And so much more
Ignorance promotes divisiveness, knowledge encourages diversity. :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Discuss Authors”