Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
rohaxo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by rohaxo »

my favorite author would be v.e. schwab (victoria schwab for YA), her writing is amazing and her plots are so original. she makes the best characters and her fantasy world for shades of magic series is so creative. the first sentence of her books will have you drawn in, I've read almost all of the books she has published.
Grace23swan

Post by Grace23swan »

My favorite author has changed many times. Nril gaiman is defintley one tjat will not change. American Gods really nailed it for me and has allowed me to turn on so many people to the evolving world of mystical magic that Gaiman creates. One other author that needs to be mentioned woyld have to be Ian McEwan and hos delucious book Sweet Tooth. If you like to cuddle up with a cup of tea and cuddle your grannys Afghan then he is your man.
Sylvester555

Post by Sylvester555 »

The author I love most is James Handley chase
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

I grew up reading Isabel Allende's books, so my heart belongs to her romances.

But I have a special affection for Hermann Hesse too. I guess, after years of translating portions of his books as school assignments, I had to end up either loving him or hating him.
Berry :wine:
Kayondo Edward

Post by Kayondo Edward »

I love Jack Canfield
BobeckBaron

Post by BobeckBaron »

Tolkien, Roald Dahl, Neil Gaiman, and JK Rowling.
[ominous]

Post by [ominous] »

Joe R. Lansdale is one crazy individual and has plenty of books that I enjoy! The Drive-In series being one of my absolute favorites! I think my favorite of his though is Bubba Ho-Tep.
TaaraLynn
Currently Reading: To Selena, With Love
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taaralynn.html
Latest Review: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016 by William H. Coles

Post by TaaraLynn »

When I was in 7th grade, after we read the Outsiders, definitely S.E. Hinton. I obsessed and I had to read everything by her and buy all the books. Shes's still at the top. However, I don't reallly have favorites, just favorite books.
"Maybe the two different worlds we lived in weren't so different. We saw the same sunset." - Ponyboy Curtis, The Outsiders
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Post by desantismt_17 »

Oh man. Just one? Not going to happen, so here are three.
Douglas Adams. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is wonderful to read.
Derek Landy (Skullduggery Pleasant series) for being the author who most blew my mind with his books. So many things I never saw coming and the best opposite gender platonic relationship ever.
Marissa Meyer (The Lunar Chronicles and Renegades). Her fiction is just so real, even if it's about fairytale characters in space or superheroes.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
6912dirtyfeet
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by 6912dirtyfeet »

It would be a toss up between Ann Rule and James Patterson for my favorite authors.
Jrectb91

Post by Jrectb91 »

I know that some people may think that J.K. Rowling might be a cliche, but I will forever consider her one of the greatest authors. She wrote the first Harry Potter book with almost no money. Virginia Wolf wrote in “A Room of One’s Own” that is order to write, you have to have time and money. J.K Rowling had neither. The other reason I think she is outstanding is because as her books evolve, so does her writing skills. If you pay close attention to her writing from book one to the final novel, it is obvious that she grew as a writer. Her detail and dialogue start off good, but become outstanding.
lillianchipenzi

Post by lillianchipenzi »

Daniele Steel
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

It's a tie between Patricia C. Wrede and Cinda Williams Chima.

I read Patricia C. Wrede's Enchanted Forest Chronicles when I was young and it has stuck with me ever since. It was such an interesting and intriguing twist on something I already loved. Everything about her books were unique to me and the strong, female lead inspired me.

Cinda William Chima writes fantasy books as well but for an older audience. The stories are more mature but still meant for young adults. Morals are strong but not in-your-face. The action and adventure keeps everything interesting while the character development keeps you reaching for the next book. I've read all of her books several times and am never disappointed.
Mustapha Maryam
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mustapha-maryam.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by Mustapha Maryam »

Sherrilyn Kenyon is my favorite author. She is a master in paranormal writing.
Ashleah

Post by Ashleah »

My personal favorite author is Rick Riordan, I love his style and the themes and subjects of his books

Return to “Discuss Authors”