Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
iraysrodriguez
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by iraysrodriguez »

My favorite author is Richard Dawkins.
The God of Delusion and The Selfish Gene was one of my favorite books. The way he discusses science with philosophical and ethical concepts is admirable and more people should definitely attempt to see the world the way he describes. He discusses the past science knowledge we have managed to accumulate over time and later analyzes it in order to understand how scientists have defined science over time and how we as a society react to their scientist's empirical facts.
Hans odhiambo
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Hans odhiambo »

Poe is on my read list and who can resist Zane Grey?

That is my top list. I could add pages of books I choose because of the author rather than the title but I will stop there.
badboy17

Post by badboy17 »

My favorite author is Sarah J Maas because she does a very good job of switching the perspectives of different characters by having her books in the third person point of view.
BartleyKa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by BartleyKa »

I really like Kendare Blake, she writes in a way that keeps the reader guessing, but so that everything fits together with hardly any cliches.
Avidreader01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Avidreader01 »

My favorite author is James Patterson. Books written by Mr. Patterson are gripping, grab and hold your attention from the beginning of the book to the end.

His books never disappoint and as I read, I am in the middle of the story, visualizing the actual events of the story being told.

Amidst numerous twists and turns, the conclusion of a story has some of the most unlikely and surprising endings, totally unexpected.
Fayben

Post by Fayben »

J.K Rowling
Die hard fan of Harry Potter...
georgeroundtree

Post by georgeroundtree »

James Baldwin
Too many to choose from. Notes of a Native Son
maeflowerx2

Post by maeflowerx2 »

It was Nicholas Sparks but I did not like his last book
soso21

Post by soso21 »

I like different genres. Recently, I prefer reading and even rereading books by Dan Brown, Jose Rodriges dos Santos. Ken Follet is impressive! and I even reread Shakespeare plays. It is amazing how his plays bear such a contemporary connotation and meaning!
StarsAtNight
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by StarsAtNight »

I don't have an author I would say is a favourite, but when I was much younger, the Eric Hunter team was a group of amazing writers. Writers of the Warriors, Seekers, Survivors, etc.
gmcallister557

Post by gmcallister557 »

Current favorite- Jim Butcher.
Blasts from the past- Rex Stout and Robert A. Heinlein
McFatter

Post by McFatter »

Hoh boy. How does one go about choosing favorite authors?

I guess right now I am really enjoying Nic Pizzolatto's Galveston. The man wields prose and mood with seemingly effortless ease. It's no surprise he was given his own HBO show (True Detective) as a virtual unknown.

I've always enjoyed Audrey Niffenegger, George R. R. Martin, Harper Lee, Stephen King, Cormac McCarthy, and Hemingway, but then I'm not even beginning to scratch the surface.
Oscar Ouma
Currently Reading: The River And The Source

Post by Oscar Ouma »

Robert Kiyosaki is my favorite author since in his novel of rich dad poor dad, he gives me good financial points of view.
judyjoy92
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by judyjoy92 »

I love Diane Chamberlain's books. She's so gifted. She makes me want to be a writer. 'Breaking the silence' was a great catch for. Though I read it long ago,I feel like reading again and again
Arrigo_Lupori
Favorite Author: Haruki Murakami
Currently Reading: A Short History of Nearly Everything
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arrigo-lupori.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2566

Post by Arrigo_Lupori »

My favourite author so far would have to be Haruki Murakami. I've read three of his novels so far and they always surprise me (in a good way). His style of writing, the way the stories develop, the abstractness he portrays. I love it.
"The abstract sensation of living a lifestyle that hasn't been fully understood."
- The epitome of taste in living disgrace.

Return to “Discuss Authors”