Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
A G Darr
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the end of days
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-g-darr.html
Latest Review: Debt Cleanse by Jorge P. Newbery

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by A G Darr »

There are so many great authors, but if I have to think of two off the top of my head: J . K. Rowling and Garth Nix.
They are both fantastic writers.

J. K. Rowling effortlessly encompasses so many deep themes in the
books. She brings up depression, bullying, loss, the importance of a support system, and that you can determine your own destiny. All this is touched on in the books seamlessly and without being preachy.

Garth Nix is able to create fantastic worlds. Though he is a writer, I can hear the music in his work. I know that books are often better than movies, but I truly hope Sabriel is turned into a movie so more people are aware of the series.
taltis37
Currently Reading: Warrior Godess Training
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-taltis37.html
Latest Review: The World of Ato by Patrick Borosky
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by taltis37 »

My all time favorite author is Jane Austen. Her books are beautifully written. Every modern day love story is usually a version of her books. The love stories are not fake or cheesy; they are deep and filled with passion.

Daniel Quinn is a very close second favorite. His Ishmael books are so inspiring! My views on life changed so much after I read Ishmael. The views on history, culture, and how humans evolved throughout time are so thought provoking. I highly recommend Daniel Quinn's books.
ShataraL
Currently Reading: Throne of Glass
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ShataraL »

There are so many great authors. I’m an avid reader and therefore am not limited to a specific genre.

J. K. Rowling is an amazing author. I’m an adult and I’m still waiting for the next big hit. Harry Potter was for all ages. There were many themes in that series. You felt loss, built friendship, love, hating, defeat, defying impossible odds and the battle between good and evil.

James Patterson is another author I love. He writes for any genre I love both teen adult, fiction and non-fiction. There are not many authors that can write for different genres and maintain the attention of their audiences on a consistent basis.
Jwindsor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Jwindsor »

Although she only has 5 Books(1. Say Goodnight, Gracie 2. The Night I Disappeared 3. First Wedding, Once Removed , 4. Chicago Blues and 5. You Best Your Life), Julie Reece Deaver has always and will always be my favorite author because she is an excellent writer, and I find myself hidden in the words she writes. And also, because she is a dear friend of mine.
+sadiya1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by +sadiya1 »

I have a few favorites, but top on the list is John Grisham, Dan Brown, and Patricia Cornwell.
Charlyt
Favorite Book: The Night Circus
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlyt.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by Charlyt »

My favorite author is Neil Gaiman. I'm in awe of his imagination as his stories are very original.
"It is neither fair nor unfair, Nobody Owens. It simply is." -NG
trina215
Favorite Book: Betrayal of Justice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trina215.html
Latest Review: Betrayal in Blue by Mark M. Bello

Post by trina215 »

Mark M. Bello is currently one of my favorites. His books focus on all different topics
LepaGesht
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by LepaGesht »

I adore Tess Geritsen. I just can't get enough of her books. My favourite author definitely
Aglipay Necesito
Currently Reading: Green Lady
Bookshelf Size: 356

Post by Aglipay Necesito »

I have so many favorite authors. The following are:
Colleen Hoover
Kristen Ashley
Christine Feehan
J. R. Ward
Abbi Glines
Katy Evans
K. A. Linde
Jennifer Ashley
Lauran Dohner
Lisa Kleypas
Joan Wolf
Ruby Dixon
Alexa Riley
Lucy Leroux
lexie_love326

Post by lexie_love326 »

mine is stephen king
Shalu1707
Favorite Book: The Vampire Diaries
Currently Reading: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shalu1707.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Shalu1707 »

For now its Amish Tripathi for Shiva Triology.
Aleeyu9
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Aleeyu9 »

My favourite Author is Wole Soyinka, the writer of "things fall apart" and lots of interisting books
piecesfallapart
Currently Reading: The Nightingale
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-piecesfallapart.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by piecesfallapart »

My all time favorite is without a doubt, Edgar Allan Por, I think I have read everything he ever wrote. But, I can’t limit myself to a favorite author, I love finding new books and supporting struggling authors.
I do have some favorites, like John Grisham and Kristin Hannah, but give me a book, and I’ll tell you if I like it because of the story, not the name on the cover.
Gatorfan69

Post by Gatorfan69 »

Cathy Christen, in her book “Life as a Masterpiece-Design and live a life you love today” she takes problems most young adults struggle with and shows a light at the end of the tunnel they can relate to. She grabs your attention from the beginning and keeps it the entire time!!!
perthy

Post by perthy »

Absolutely love the stylistics of JK Rowling and Neil Geiman. Growing up, they are the two authors I have looked up to. I also think Scott Fitzgerald is great. His writings are very verbose.

Return to “Discuss Authors”