My favourite author...?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Exaltseo
Bookshelf Size: 0

My favourite author...?

Post by Exaltseo »

my favourite author is Rabindranath tagore. what about u...?
Seraphy

Post by Seraphy »

I like Shakespeare best. He is a real genius of all time.
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Jasper Fforde.....
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
MatDatPhatKat

Post by MatDatPhatKat »

Jeff Long - Great stories and good prose
David Mitchell - Takes you to the mystical East
Margaret Atwood - Prose is unsurpassed
Douglas Coupland - wacky
Irvine Welsh - dark and dirty
George McDonald Fraser - incredibly funny
and of course....
Lee Child - perfect when you want some mindless violence and can't be bothered to be intellectually challenged
Pengyanseo

Post by Pengyanseo »

Rabindranath Tagore - My Favourite Author.
Woodland Nymph

Post by Woodland Nymph »

Anne Rice, even though I've never been able to finish any of her novels outside of the Vampire Chronicles.
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." - Oscar Wilde
Gannon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

Woodland Nymph wrote:Anne Rice, even though I've never been able to finish any of her novels outside of the Vampire Chronicles.
Hey there Woodland Nymph, I am exactly the same. I love the Vampire Chronicles, but do not like any of her other work. Actually I think the vampire chronicles start off on fire and get a little bit weaker with each new book. Still I believe they are way above all of the other "Vampire Literature".
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
Maud Fitch
Favorite Author: Jasper Fforde
Favorite Book: The Eyre Affair
fav_author_id: 4856

Post by Maud Fitch »

Gannon wrote:
Woodland Nymph wrote:Anne Rice, even though I've never been able to finish any of her novels outside of the Vampire Chronicles.
Hey there Woodland Nymph, I am exactly the same. I love the Vampire Chronicles, but do not like any of her other work.
I have just given a birthday gift to a friend entitled "The Inheritance" by Robin Hobb and Megan Lindholm only to discover that she is one and the same. Yet she writes modern fantasies and epic trilogies in two different styles.
"Every story has three sides to it - yours, mine and the facts" Foster Meharny Russell
Sophius

Post by Sophius »

Gannon wrote: Still I believe they are way above all of the other "Vampire Literature".
That certainly says something about the genre. I find it amazing how bad most vampire literature is, considering how much potential the genre has. So far, the only good vampire literature I have read are Bram Stoker's classic Dracula and Stephen King's Salem's Lot.
Gannon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Colleen McCullough
Favorite Book: Pillars of the Earth
Currently Reading: Heaven's Net is Wide.
Bookshelf Size: 52
fav_author_id: 2863

Post by Gannon »

Sophius wrote:
Gannon wrote: Still I believe they are way above all of the other "Vampire Literature".
That certainly says something about the genre. I find it amazing how bad most vampire literature is, considering how much potential the genre has. So far, the only good vampire literature I have read are Bram Stoker's classic Dracula and Stephen King's Salem's Lot.
When I said vampire Lit, I meant modern literature. I don't know about Salem's Lot (I have not read it for a long long time) but Bram Stoker's Dracula is one of my favourite books, regardless of it being about a vampire.
Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless. - Mother Teresa
Pecorino

Post by Pecorino »

A.A. Milne, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, and Jostein Gaarder.
Knowledge and art supplies are my Number 1 source of energy!
Scotta.clark

Post by Scotta.clark »

The are many great writer hard to choose one them, my favorite is Stephen King and Daniel Steel
Alinfosoi

Post by Alinfosoi »

Tsai Kang-yung, Taiwan famous show host and writer. Taiwan Tsai Tianduo father famous lawyer. Attended the revival at the school, East China University of Foreign Languages​​. In 1990 the University of California, Los Angeles, director, Institute of Film and Television Production degree, and returned to Taiwan to attend the film producer and screenwriter, film critic of the work. Hosted a number of intellectual programs. The celebrity talk show "True Index " and communicate with young and old programs, "two generations of power companies, " Fully talk show "Kangxi to the " most successful. Has presided over the 4th consecutive Golden Horse Awards ceremony. Tsai Kang-yung has also published several books of prose writings, including "happy Diary"," LA wandering mind " and "The boys taught me to do"and other popular works. 2002, publicly acknowledged he was gay.
Tototutu

Post by Tototutu »

Stefano Benni, and M.Twain :)
Scottaleger
Favorite Author: Rhonda Byrne
Favorite Book: The Secret
Currently Reading: The Power
fav_author_id: 4898

Post by Scottaleger »

Shakespeare