Favorites Series

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
wagthefox
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Re: Favorites Series

Post by wagthefox »

Stephen King's Dark Tower series is probably my all-time favorite. Just a wonderful sweeping epic that fits nicely in the weird western genre that I love. The ending to it is a bit ... meh. But overall it is just wonderful.

But a new favorite with me is Joe Lansdale's "Hap and Leonard" series, which is a delightful and dark crime series.
LittleMissReadsAlot
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlemissreadsalot.html

Post by LittleMissReadsAlot »

I have a few childhood series that have been and always will be my favorite. Those are Maximum Ride series (I worshiped James Patterson) and the Twilight Saga.
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I love a good series! I love the idea of being invested in a character or characters and seeing them progress over time. This is probably also why I enjoy tv shows vs movies! Some of my favorite series are the Longmire mysteries by Craig Johnson; Charline Harris' series about Sookie Steakhouse (Trueblood TV show basis), and of course, the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling!

I'm always looking for new series to get involved in so any suggestions are welcome!!
dracarys
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dracarys.html

Post by dracarys »

Charlie Davidson series by Darynda Jones. In love with it.
Jiespa
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jiespa.html

Post by Jiespa »

Let's see...
Harry Potter
Lux
Covenant
Mortal instruments
Infernal devices
Maze runner series
The 5th wave series
The others

That's all that pops to mind right now.
Galaxy cat

Post by Galaxy cat »

I've recently finished the Rain Wilds Chronicles by Robin Hobb. A bit strange, but recommended.
Lesliedunn90

Post by Lesliedunn90 »

Favorite series has to go to K.C. Lynn's "Men of Honor" series. Romance with some suspense. I laughed and cried read them all. Felt like I knew all the characters personality and felt for them.
Genaaa
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-genaaa.html
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera

Post by Genaaa »

My favorite series would most likely be the Harry Potter series, the Maze Runner series, or The Mortal Instruments series.
Latest Review: "A Messiahs Battle For The Human Realm" by Roberto Torres Rivera
Camogirl217
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-camogirl217.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Camogirl217 »

I have a couple:

1.) Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters
2.) A Magic Potion series by Heather Blake
3.) Harry Potter, of course
4.) Agatha Christie (not really a series, but just a lot of books)

I mostly read standalone novels because buying a whole series is pretty expensive. I love sequels though, so it's a shame.
CrescentMoon
Currently Reading: Superhighway
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crescentmoon.html
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey

Post by CrescentMoon »

The very first set of books and series that I got into were the Harry Potter series. Harry Potter first got me hooked onto reading. But there are some new series that I am a huge fan of. I personally love books that are modern day versions or retellings of past fairytales. So one of my favorite series right now are the Unfortunate Fairy Tale series by Chanda Hahn. Those books were extremely entertaining and fun to read. Right now, I am starting a series called The Four Kingdoms series by Melanie Cellier. These are also fairy tale retellings with the first book called The Princess Companion which is a retelling of the Princess and the Pea. I just finished the second book, The Princess Fugitive and I absolutely love it.
Latest Review: "Letorian Descendants- Casey Blane Series (Book 1)" by Jodi Ann Fahey
Cnchaplin29
Favorite Author: A.J. Aalto
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cnchaplin29.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S
fav_author_id: 41753

Post by Cnchaplin29 »

Recently (more like after my daughter was born a year ago), I have been getting back into reading more often. I believe it helps me stay sane and to get away from my busy life of being a mother (which is so amazing too but 'us mothers' need some down time for ourselves). I have changed directions on the type of book I want to read about. I was into Crime/ Mystery books and now I have gotten into Paranormal/ Fantasy books. There are two series that I have been hooked on:

Ancient Guardians series by S.L. Morgan

The Marnie Baranuik Files series by A.J. Alto
MrsBrooks78

Post by MrsBrooks78 »

Clare O' Donohue is a fantastic mystery writer, that is in my book she is lol. I first came across her by accident back in 2011 when I went to one of my favorite places back then, "Half Price Books". I had gotten her first book " The Lovers Knot" for like 1.00 back in the SALE area. After I read her book I was hooked and had to find out more about her. Clare answered my email personally and we got to talking and bonded instantly. Not long after that she sent me her next two books in the Some day Quilt Mysteries, " The Drunkard's Path and The Double Cross." I read them in record time I may add, and did reviews along with interview with Clare on my blog. After that I lost contact with her, and ended up doing through her publisher and never received the last two books of the series. She has also written two other books in another series , " Kate Conway" in which I never read. Funny how I became so addicted to her writing, yet not get to finish her books in her two series. So I have made a pact with myself, this winter I am going to read ALL of her books , yes that means re reading her first few so I can remember it all and enjoy the series. Has anyone ever read any of her books?? Did you like them??? I would love to know what you thought of Clare's writing.

The second Series I LOVED would have been by Carly Phillips "Chandler Brothers Series"
Book 1: The Bachelor
Book 2: The Playboy
Book 3: The Heartbreaker, I had them read in no time lol.
SparklingOne
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: A Breath of Snow and Ashes
Bookshelf Size: 163
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sparklingone.html
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by SparklingOne »

Song of Fire and Ice series (Game of Thrones), by George RR Martin
Outlander series, by Diana Gabaldon
Lives of the Mayfair Witches series, by Anne Rice (esp. 1st in series)
Ancient Eygpt series, by Wilbur Smith
Also for nostalgias sake
The Little house books, and Nancy Drew books from childhood
Our lives are defined by opportunities, even the ones we miss.
The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
Latest Review: "I AM GOD" by Shawn Dall
CaitlinE
Currently Reading: The Monstrumologist (The Monstrumologist, #1)
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caitline.html

Post by CaitlinE »

Harry Potter will always be my favorite series, but I also really love The Infernal Devices, by Cassandra Clare!
Beth E Stevens

Post by Beth E Stevens »

The Prey Series by John Sanford and JD Robb The Death Series

Return to “Discuss Authors”