Views on Jodi Picoult?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
BookWorm15
Bookshelf Size: 0

Views on Jodi Picoult?

Post by BookWorm15 »

What do you think of Jodi Picoult?
GotThatSwing

Post by GotThatSwing »

I only read one book of hers "My sister's keeper" and it was alright but I haven't become all excited about her.
Lolita. Light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul. Lo-lee-ta: the tip of the tongue taking a trip of three steps down the palate to tap, at three, on the teeth.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Haven't read anything of hers but I did see My sister's keeper & thought it wasn't bad .. liked the ending
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
BookWorm15

Post by BookWorm15 »

Fran wrote:Haven't read anything of hers but I did see My sister's keeper & thought it wasn't bad .. liked the ending
Okay well, the film 'My sister's keeper' is absolutely different to what happens in the book. The ending in the book is SO much better, I totally recommend it! And on the whole the book is well written.
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

BookWorm15 wrote:
Fran wrote:Haven't read anything of hers but I did see My sister's keeper & thought it wasn't bad .. liked the ending
Okay well, the film 'My sister's keeper' is absolutely different to what happens in the book. The ending in the book is SO much better, I totally recommend it! And on the whole the book is well written.
Goes on my TBR list so
We fade away, but vivid in our eyes
A world is born again that never dies.
- My Home by Clive James
KB92

Post by KB92 »

Every book I have read by Jodi Picoult I thought was fantastic. The first book I ever read by her was The Pact and I HIGHLY recommend it. She really knows how to get you attached to the characters she is writing about. Her books are a little long but I have never spent more than 3 or 4 days on one of her books because I get so wrapped up in it. She is definitely one of my favorite writers. :)
BookWorm15

Post by BookWorm15 »

KB92 wrote:Every book I have read by Jodi Picoult I thought was fantastic. The first book I ever read by her was The Pact and I HIGHLY recommend it. She really knows how to get you attached to the characters she is writing about. Her books are a little long but I have never spent more than 3 or 4 days on one of her books because I get so wrapped up in it. She is definitely one of my favorite writers. :)
I've bought The Pact, but after reading Nineteen Minutes I got so bored and just couldnt wait to finish it and get it out the way. I mean it was pretty good but I need a break inbetween because even though she does have good story lines I feel that at times she does go on a little. However, I shall read The Pact next, maybe ut'll change my mind about her?
KB92

Post by KB92 »

BookWorm15 wrote:
KB92 wrote:Every book I have read by Jodi Picoult I thought was fantastic. The first book I ever read by her was The Pact and I HIGHLY recommend it. She really knows how to get you attached to the characters she is writing about. Her books are a little long but I have never spent more than 3 or 4 days on one of her books because I get so wrapped up in it. She is definitely one of my favorite writers. :)
I've bought The Pact, but after reading Nineteen Minutes I got so bored and just couldnt wait to finish it and get it out the way. I mean it was pretty good but I need a break inbetween because even though she does have good story lines I feel that at times she does go on a little. However, I shall read The Pact next, maybe ut'll change my mind about her?
I hope it does change your mind! I have not read Nineteen Minutes so I can't agree/disagree with you on that but I loved The Pact. However, I do agree that I cannot read two of her books in a row, let alone any author for that matter. But, The Pact was one of my favorite books so I hope you enjoy it!
readingaddict

Post by readingaddict »

I become so attached to her characters but I do agree that sometimes she does tend to go on a little bit.
I loved the Pact and also Keeping Faith but when I lent my mother My Sister's Keeper it took her almost 2 months to read it and she didn't finish it. She said it was too difficult to get into.
GraciemullinS

Post by GraciemullinS »

I just read Change of Heart by Jodi Picault and it was amazing. I could only put it down when it was time to go to bed. It is told from the viewpoints of 4 people: A Catholic priest, a mother who has lost her daughter and husband, a convicted murderer, and an ACLU lawyer. I usually don't like that style but it was really nice and this story kind of needed it.
Mystery Reader

Post by Mystery Reader »

She always takes on difficult subjects...I too have read My sisters Keeper and totally disagreed with the sentiments therein........only read her books because I use to belong to a local reading group...we read her books too oftern and it got sooooooooooooo boring !
Stella

Post by Stella »

You can tell that an author doesn't stand out to you when you've read all of her books and you can't remember what a single one of them was about. She's the kind of author whose books I read when I have nothing else to read. To me she's a jack of all trades but master of none. She can write crime, romance, mystery etc. but she doesn't seem to have a particular writing style. Most good authors have a 'style' that makes them unique. Picoult is like a writing powerhouse. She releases a new book every few months, which makes me question her motives behind writing (dollar signs me thinks).
Marco

Post by Marco »

Can u tell me wich book to TRY first? JODIE .
Bookworm2011

Post by Bookworm2011 »

I enjoy reading Jodi Picoult books once in a while but I find that they are very repetitive. She is really good at catching a reader's attention and keeping it, but I find I can't read her books one after another because I feel like I am reading the same thing.
slpeters2009
Favorite Author: Sarah Addison Allen
Favorite Book: Garden Spells
Currently Reading: Distant Hours by Kate Norton
fav_author_id: 1802

Post by slpeters2009 »

Second Chance was great---addressing the death penalty, spirituality and decisions, hence the title. Well-written. I have read summaries of her other books...they do not seem appealing...however I will not write her off as a terrible writer/author.

Return to “Discuss Authors”