R.L. Stine

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Terri2
Bookshelf Size: 0

R.L. Stine

Post by Terri2 »

Does anyone read R.L. Stine? He is most known for writing the Goosebumps series of books. Does or did anyone read those?

Do you like him and his books? Do you think he's a good author?
knightss

Post by knightss »

haha i used to love goosebumps! i probably have around 50 goosebumps books. the best ones were the ones where you can pick you own ending. those were pretty much the only books i read in elementary school.
LoveHatesYou

Post by LoveHatesYou »

I loved those when I was little. He moved on to adult book didn't he? Or at least teen books. I think he's good at what he does. Chose your own adventure was great!
DuchessAngel37

Post by DuchessAngel37 »

I had every book in the Fear Street Series. I loved him,

He did move on to adult fiction. The only book that I know of is Superstition. It was classic RL Stine, reminded me a lot of Stephen King
notrorygilmore

Post by notrorygilmore »

As a child he was my favorite! I read all the Goosebumps books a some of his Fear Street books. I frequently take books to used book stores where they sell and trade books, but I refuse to take any of my Goosebumps books. They are such a major part of my childhood that I can't stand to part with them. Actually, a few years ago the library I worked at had a lot of Goosebumps books in their book sale. I went home and got my Goosebumps box out of the top of my closet and checked to see which ones I didn't have. I bought the remainder of the books I didn't have because they hold some a major part of my childhood. I'm dork, I know.
lizabello

Post by lizabello »

I really hate to ruing it for you guys, but I never found any interest on my part to read any of his books.
NSUSA

Post by NSUSA »

They made a TV show version of his books too. I remember that. He was fun back in the day. I don't know what he is up to nowadays.
lovesbooks06

Post by lovesbooks06 »

knightss wrote:i used to love goosebumps! the best ones were the ones where you can pick you own ending. .
snap i loved them but i did like the books that were stories aswell
blushingmilk

Post by blushingmilk »

how good was point horror and thriller authors like Caroline B. Cooney and L.J. Smith??????!!!!! and Diane Hoh and the 'Nightmare Hall' series.

Aaaah those were the days.

and goosebumps for the younger peeps, of course ;)
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

Goosebumps is a part of my childhood. I grow up with all the series of it in my library. I still read some of my favorites in my spare time. I still like it. My favourite of Goosebumps is The Headless Ghost.
blushingmilk

Post by blushingmilk »

My favourites were: The Haunted Mask, Be Careful What You Wish For, The Girl Who Cried Monster, Attack of the Mutant and Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes :)

I loved them when i was in primary school - i just went and had a look on the wesbite - just seeing the covers of the books brought back memories!!
"If we find ourselves with a desire that nothing in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that we were made for another world."
*~ C. S. Lewis
Coraline

Post by Coraline »

The Haunted Mask is also one of my favourites. Oh, almost forgot! Say Cheese and Die is also good.
blue_doona32

Post by blue_doona32 »

Oh SNAP! Goosebumps! ahaha I think that as a kid, it scares you to read it. But you know, even if adults don't really think that R.L. Stein is the greatest authors ever, his books have gotten kids to read for years and it creates a good habit at a oung age.

Oh those create your own ending scared me more because you just think of the worst possible outcome and it really gave me goosebumps (no pun intended...ok ever pun intended) :roll:
the difference between the right word and the almost right is really a large matter. It is the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning ~Mark Twain
FavoriteMistake

Post by FavoriteMistake »

I loved reading his books. I read the goosebumps series and his "teen" books. I remember thinking they were really suspenseful and scary! I think he is really good at what he does.
rlstinefan

Post by rlstinefan »

R.L. Stine is great! :D I really love his books, Goosebumps, Mostly Ghostly, The Nightmare Room, - and I think the Fear Street are the best!

And ofcourse, the new Goosebumps Horrorland series! Did anyone read any of those already?
R.L. Stine is writing 6 more GH-books for next year, that brings it up to 25 books in the serie! :D

At the moment I'm collecting them all, and just today I received the complete set of original Goosebumps books from Ebay, part 1 - 62.
And two weeks ago I got the complete Goosebumps series 2000 (25 books.)

Yesterday I counted the amount of R.L. Stine books I have in my collection, and the number is :mrgreen: : 554!!! - The number is this high, because I also collect books in different languages. :wink:

Return to “Discuss Authors”