R.L. Stine

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
FlissShields
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flissshields.html
Latest Review: Elizabeth Munk's Forest Edge Adventure by Faye McFarland

Re: R.L. Stine

Post by FlissShields »

Halloween Night (1) sticks in my mind most memorably from his forays into The Point Horror series that I loved as a child and teenager.

Him and L.J. Smith - I was always a sucker for “teen paranormal romance” especially if it had a big dose of horror/the macabre.
Felicity Granger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Felicity Granger »

Goosebumps! I used to read those like crazy. Them along with the Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys books. They were my favourites. It's been a while since I've read anything from Stine but I remember the books to be well-written and interesting. I think he's an okay writer, would definitely recommend.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

I loooooved R.L. Stein!! Night of the Living Dummy scarred me for life! I always regret giving them all away... I guess my love for Stephen King makes more sense haha
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

I totally forgot about the Fear Street Series until right now. I absolutely loved those books growing up! I read every singe one of them from our school library. They are definitely what got me into thriller type books.
lwahls2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lwahls2.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by lwahls2 »

I didn’t realize RL Stine moved on to adult fiction. My brother and I loved Goosebumps while growing up. Some more than others but they were always interesting. I will definitely look up his other work.
Laura Martin

“Because when you are imagining, you might as well imagine something worthwhile.”
― Lucy Maud Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables
sevencrows
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sevencrows.html
Latest Review: Daisy's Run by Scott Baron

Post by sevencrows »

Goosebumps was probably every middle schooler's first introduction to horror, and credit where credit is due: at the time, those books kept me up at night! I'd say a R.L. Stine re-read is in order for me -- how does his books hold up on a second read as someone older?
tsh1001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tsh1001.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by tsh1001 »

Goosebumps are fantastic. Kid-friendly horror novels?! I loved them as a kid & they really offered a lot of entertainment. Especially the "select the ending" ones! :D
"I do believe something very magical can happen when you read a good book."
piplup45
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-piplup45.html
Latest Review: Veil of Secrecy by Margaret Franceschini

Post by piplup45 »

He wrote a few “choose your own path” books and I really enjoyed them. Gosh, I haven’t thought about Goosebumps in years except the Netflix show. Has anyone watched? I haven’t made time yet.
BellaGBear
Currently Reading: Ethnography after Humanism
Bookshelf Size: 1567
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bellagbear.html
Latest Review: The Great Awakening by Arthur F Seymour

Post by BellaGBear »

Oooh I loved creepy book as a kid. We have a very famous dutch creepy children book writer Paul van Loon. He has an amazing series about a spooky schoolbus and another one about a werewolf kid.

I have fond memories of reading those books. And being the strange kid I was, I was always disappointed not more children died in the books...
Ayru_kv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ayru_kv »

R L stine is the person who inspired me into the world of books and who made my days at library meaningfull. the books were so simple that they made reading simple with many elements for imagination
3Shells
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-3shells.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by 3Shells »

"Goosebumps" by R. L Stine brings back a lot of memories from my younger days. I used to love reading these. Stories are really well-written and surely has you craving more
Wesusa
Favorite Book: Dune
Currently Reading: A Clash of Kings
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wesusa.html
Latest Review: Thunder and Lightning, They're Not So Frightening by JD Schmith

Post by Wesusa »

I think he's an amazing author. However I do think that much of his work is geared specifically to younger audiences. Despite this I always was interested in his various works when I was younger, his characters don't need to be well-written or morally correct for us to be interested and invested in the overarching story.
A process cannot be understood by stopping it. Understanding must move with the flow of the process, must join it and flow with it.

The only person who can sympathize with and understand you, is you. So, be good to yourself.
Bushra Sheikh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: Android

Post by Bushra Sheikh »

Loved goosebumps from my childhood. Even today I loved to read R.L Stine fantastic ghosty stories. Easy language, understandable, and amazing twist. It's not about pages but it's about the story which he brings up.
-:Naaz
Anas Tariq
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anas Tariq »

Goosebumps is a really awesome book filled wirh suspense for the readers
angelbhengu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angelbhengu.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by angelbhengu »

The name did not ring a bell initially, but when you mentioned the goosebumps series, I knew that he is a well-known author. I have heard of him and I've picked up a few of his books in primary school.

Return to “Discuss Authors”