R.L. Stine

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Lil Reads
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 10
Currently Reading: Chrome Mountain
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lil-reads.html
Latest Review: Pastoring is not what you think by Elijah Oladimeji

Re: R.L. Stine

Post by Lil Reads » 28 Aug 2018, 01:51

I'm probably in the minority, because I read only one Goosebumps book ever. It was a class read in elementary school - #26 My Hairiest Adventure. I wrote in-depth about that particular book in another thread, but I would like to emphasize it was the implications about what the adults were doing (some very ethically questionable experiments) that got to me. I was still fairly sheltered at the time and used to reading older books or classics so the idea that the events of this modern book were set in place just like where my classmates lived? I was creeped out at the implications of what parents could or would do afterwards.

It does mean he is more skilled than other people might believe. So kudos to Mr. Stine.
:coffee3-smiley: :auto-mysterymachine:

Stacey Bloom
Currently Reading: An Echo in the Darkness(The Mark of the Lion Series #2)
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Stacey Bloom » 19 Sep 2018, 18:07

I remember I read all the goosebumps books in the school library. He was my dream.

Harley-Panda
2018 Reading Goal: 20
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 35
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley-panda.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin

Post by Harley-Panda » 20 Sep 2018, 03:40

I used to love the Goosebumps books whilst I was at school! I believe there was also a Goosebumps TV show in the UK a few years ago, but I didn't watch it regularly.
Also, R.L. Stine also wrote some books in the Point Horror series which is for older readers which were really good, definitely would recommend them
I go to seek a Great Perhaps

Return to “Discuss Authors”