DH Lawrence ...?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Donnedandgrey
Bookshelf Size: 0

DH Lawrence ...?

Post by Donnedandgrey »

Just started "Women in love" and discovered it is a sequel. I am 'involved' with it to the point of not stopping. Anything I may have missed from the prequel "Rainbow"?

Lady Chatterley's Lover?

NOT THE MOVIES AND NO SPOILERS, PLEASE!!

Loving that these were a 'banned' lot at one time in history...
Browsers

Post by Browsers »

Don't worry too much about "sequels"--these are stand-alone books.
bobjuck

Post by bobjuck »

Besides Ursula and Gudrun Brangwen sisters, it's a new story.
verbals
Currently Reading: The Moonstone
Bookshelf Size: 583

Post by verbals »

I am currently reading “The Rainbow” and find it compelling and beautifully, darkly written; so I don’t think it will be my last Lawrence novel. This “rural chic” ( :D ) seems an apt successor to George Eliot and Hardy, and another piece of a jigsaw puzzle of England after the Midlands and Wessex and Brontë’s Yorkshire. Are the class barriers crumbling?

Whilst I’m reading Lawrence I’d love to hear others opinions. It appears in the dna of classic writers that they will write contradictory; nice and nasty, characteristics. So even at the lowest moment a spark of positivity in these personalities will keep them together; whilst the happiest moment is tinged with a faultlune; Joy and pain, sunshine and rain. DHL writes like an angel; everything is possible and permissible. Opinions?
palilogy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-palilogy.html
Latest Review: Mistress Suffragette by Diana Forbes

Post by palilogy »

I love him, but I do think I have a lot more of his books I have to try reading. They are definitely worth reading multiple times so you don't miss anything.

Return to “Discuss Authors”