Douglas Stewart - Detective Ratso Series

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
ReaderTeacher
Currently Reading: Dead Fix
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readerteacher.html
Latest Review: Superhighway by Alex Fayman

Douglas Stewart - Detective Ratso Series

Post by ReaderTeacher »

Before the Book of the Day featured Hard Place by Douglas Stewart, I never would have thought I would get so addicted to a detective series set in the UK. At first, I was intimidated by the unfamiliar words, but soon I found myself so captured by the characters that I read Hard Place in a night and morning. I hadn’t planned on looking into the second book in the series until this summer when I would have more time, but then it showed up as the Book of the Day today. I read the whole sample and could not stop there. I had to buy the whole book to finish it! I absolutely love Stewart’s narrative style. He switches back and forth between characters effortlessly, so we can see all sides of the story. This insight does not make the story any less compelling. In fact, I find his writing so addicting that, once I start a book, I have trouble stopping! Has anyone else recently discovered Stewart or does anyone have other recommendations similar to his style of writing? I can’t wait to see how Detective Ratso continues to develop as his story continues!

Return to “Discuss Authors”