Anyone on here know/like Patricia Briggs?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Trina Higgs
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-trina-higgs.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Anyone on here know/like Patricia Briggs?

Post by Trina Higgs »

Patricia Briggs is one of my favorite authors and I would like to see if anyone else knows of or likes her body of work?
"A single dream is more powerful than a thousand realities."
J.R.R. Tolkien
ebethina
Currently Reading: Homeport
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebethina.html
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly

Post by ebethina »

I don't think I have heard of her before. What kinds of books has she written
Latest Review: "Temptation Trials Part II" by B. Truly
Trina Higgs

Post by Trina Higgs »

ebethina wrote:I don't think I have heard of her before. What kinds of books has she written
Hi ebethina, thank you so much for asking. :tiphat: She is one of my favorite authors actually. If you like Fantasy then she is an author I recommend people at least try. Her most popular series is a Urban Fantasy called the Mercy Thompson series that also has a branch off called Alpha and Omega. They are more of a werewolf fantasy with a wide range of folk lore and mystery mix together. She also has other series with different mythical creatures, magic, and realms.
J.R.R. Tolkien
Reneputt
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by Reneputt »

I have read several of her books. I like her. Well written and easy to read. I like fantasy
Trina Higgs

Post by Trina Higgs »

Reneputt wrote:I have read several of her books. I like her. Well written and easy to read. I like fantasy
Hi Reneputt, I agree that her books are well written and easy to read. I also think her different characters are believable and relatable.
J.R.R. Tolkien
erjonas
Currently Reading: Inferno
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erjonas.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by erjonas »

Absolutely adore her books. I started reading them in my teens, and haven't really read anything she's put out over the past five years. But now that I've finally found a stable home (knock on wood), I've started re-reading Mooncalled gain :)
Trina Higgs

Post by Trina Higgs »

erjonas wrote:Absolutely adore her books. I started reading them in my teens, and haven't really read anything she's put out over the past five years. But now that I've finally found a stable home (knock on wood), I've started re-reading Mooncalled gain :)
Hello erjonas, being stable really helps you be able to get into and appreciate the stories a lot more. Is moon called your favorite? What in particular do you really like about Patricia Briggs?
J.R.R. Tolkien
erjonas

Post by erjonas »

Trina Higgs wrote:
Hello erjonas, being stable really helps you be able to get into and appreciate the stories a lot more. Is moon called your favorite? What in particular do you really like about Patricia Briggs?
Hi Trina Higgs. Oh yes, it is decidedly an improvement in my life.

I am not sure which one is my favourite, but the Mercy Thompson series is decidedly my favourite series of her. I've also read the first book in her alpha/omega series, which I didn't find as engaging.

I think what makes me like her books the most, is that she has a kick-ass female protagonist whose main goal is not about falling in love (don't get me wrong here, I'm a sucker for a good romance novel). But she is generally really good at creating believable characters.
Trina Higgs

Post by Trina Higgs »

erjonas wrote:
Trina Higgs wrote:
Hi Trina Higgs. Oh yes, it is decidedly an improvement in my life.

I am not sure which one is my favourite, but the Mercy Thompson series is decidedly my favourite series of her. I've also read the first book in her alpha/omega series, which I didn't find as engaging.

I think what makes me like her books the most, is that she has a kick-ass female protagonist whose main goal is not about falling in love (don't get me wrong here, I'm a sucker for a good romance novel). But she is generally really good at creating believable characters.

Hello again erjonas, I'm a sucker for a good romance novel as well. I would agree that I don't care for the Alpha and Omega series as much but I do like the insight that you get with Bran, Charles and Sam. You really get to see what their lives are like. I like Mercy and Adam as a couple better all the same though. Patricia Briggs does make some pretty kick butt main characters and as you said characters that a believable. If you're a fan of Beauty and the Beast story, she did a stand alone book with that kind of tale in mind. It was different but a nice different.
J.R.R. Tolkien
Zupanatural
Currently Reading: The Book of Strange New Things
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zupanatural.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Zupanatural »

This is a highly entertaining thread. Keep up the good work :D
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Trina Higgs

Post by Trina Higgs »

Zupanatural wrote:This is a highly entertaining thread. Keep up the good work :D
Thank you Zupanatural :D, I am glad you find this thread as entertaining as you do. I did want to create something that did so. Do you know of Patricia Briggs or of her work?
J.R.R. Tolkien
erjonas

Post by erjonas »

Trina Higgs wrote:
erjonas wrote:
Trina Higgs wrote:
If you're a fan of Beauty and the Beast story, she did a stand alone book with that kind of tale in mind. It was different but a nice different.
Oh, this sounds very much like something I would read. Do you happen to know the title of said book?
Trina Higgs

Post by Trina Higgs »

erjonas wrote:
Trina Higgs wrote:
erjonas wrote:
Oh, this sounds very much like something I would read. Do you happen to know the title of said book?
That particular books is called "The Hob's Bargain" by Patricia Briggs. I honestly wish she would write more of this world and characters but maybe someday. All the same though, it's still a good read. :)
J.R.R. Tolkien
Tzara Drusak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tzara-drusak.html
Latest Review: Happy Healing by Dominique Bourlet

Post by Tzara Drusak »

OMG Yes!!! I've read all the Mercy Thompson books back to back and the Alpha & Omega saga. Love them both and recommend. They're wonderful reads for the werewolf lovers.
And in the end, we were all just humans... Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness.

-F. Scott Fitzgerald-
JodyVamp
Currently Reading: Undone
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jodyvamp.html
Latest Review: Twisted Threads by Kaylin McFarren

Post by JodyVamp »

I've read a couple of the Mercy Thompson books when they were recommended since I love Kim Harrison's Hollow series. I'm not going to build a collection in my personal library, but I do keep an eye out at the library for them now.

Return to “Discuss Authors”