Jodi Picoult

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Anna
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anna »

I'd love to read my sisters keepers. Too bad I'm broke and there are literally 17 reserves for that book at my library! Crazy!
________
Old man vid
Last edited by Anna on 17 Mar 2011, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

Put it on hold anyway Anna, you can read it eventually!

Maybe a friend has a copy they can loan you?
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

Weave

Post by Weave »

Anna, my sister has my copy, but she is not reading it, you are welcome to it. x
Anna

Post by Anna »

I have an idea - I'll read it sitting at Borders. :) Thanks for the offer though, Weave. It would probably be too much bother posting it halfway around the world.
________
Ship sale
Last edited by Anna on 17 Mar 2011, 15:34, edited 1 time in total.
notrorygilmore

Post by notrorygilmore »

Sofia wrote:
notrorygilmore wrote:My Sister's Keeper is the only one I've read as well. Overall I loved the book, but I'm torn about how I feel about the ending. On one hand I like it because it's such a reversal that it makes you think. At the same time I don't like it, because like someone mentioned before, it does seem like a cop out. I kind of felt like Picoult herself wasn't sure how she wanted to end the novel - should Anna donate to Kate? Should she not? So instead, well, she used a cop out method. I'm still not sure how I feel about the ending. It did make me sad though.

I wanted to read The Tenth Circle, but I've heard such horrible reviews that now I'm not so sure. I still have it on my reading list, but it's a lot lower priority than it originally was.
actually....I read in her interview (on her own site, www.jodipicoult.com) that she already knew how it would end before she even wrote a word of it. You should read it, it's really a good interview :)

I'll have to check that out. Like I said, I'm torn about how I feel with the ending. I'm glad she had it planned out though. That makes me feel a little better even though I don't know if I like the ending or not.
Natasha_au

Post by Natasha_au »

While I love Jodi Picoult her worst book was The Tenth Circle. It was kinda predictable and too short. Not my favourite.

Books I have read and liked:
My Sister's Keeper
The Pact-the first one I read
Keeping Faith
Nineteen Minutes-now she was true to form with this one
callalilly

Post by callalilly »

I have read all of hers except for two of them. One is Keeping Faith and the other is about something Native American that I haven't tried getting into yet. I like her books. She is a really down to earth author. She will answer any emails and any questions anyone has right away. I usually can get my kids at work to read her stuff which is good because most of them have never read a book in their life. Erin
Sofia

Post by Sofia »

callalilly wrote:I have read all of hers except for two of them. One is Keeping Faith and the other is about something Native American that I haven't tried getting into yet. I like her books. She is a really down to earth author. She will answer any emails and any questions anyone has right away. I usually can get my kids at work to read her stuff which is good because most of them have never read a book in their life. Erin
would that be Vanishing Acts I wonder? if it is...don't hurry, it was her worst in my opinion :roll:
callalilly

Post by callalilly »

No, I didn't mind Vanishing Acts, it was okay. I think it is called Second Glance. My Mom read my copy and said it was pretty bad.
Sofia

Post by Sofia »

callalilly wrote:No, I didn't mind Vanishing Acts, it was okay. I think it is called Second Glance. My Mom read my copy and said it was pretty bad.
ah...ok...I read Second Glance as well....it was......ok-ish
NSUSA

Post by NSUSA »

Anna wrote:I'd love to read my sisters keepers. Too bad I'm broke and there are literally 17 reserves for that book at my library! Crazy!
Were you ever able to get the book, Anna?
perksofbeingme

Post by perksofbeingme »

I personally love Jodi piccoult. So far I've read

My sister's keeper-Awesome, got me hooked
Plain truth- Not a bad book, but I wouldn't suggest it as s starter
Salem falls- Loved it
Nineteen minutes-probably my favorite one by her
Tenth circle-great, my second fave probably
Vanishing acts-great

I've read that a lot of people didn't like vanishing acts. Might I ask why?
How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
hllyfuzz

Post by hllyfuzz »

I haven't read Vanishing Acts yet, but Picoult is one of my favorite authors of all time. I have read Plain Truth- good, My Sisters Keeper-Awesome, Salem Falls- my favorite, The Pact, -ok, Second Glance- Weird, Keeping Faith-Awesome.
hllyfuzz

Post by hllyfuzz »

perksofbeingme
I personally love Jodi piccoult. So far I've read

My sister's keeper-Awesome, got me hooked
Plain truth- Not a bad book, but I wouldn't suggest it as s starter
Salem falls- Loved it
Nineteen minutes-probably my favorite one by her
Tenth circle-great, my second fave probably
Vanishing acts-great

I've read that a lot of people didn't like vanishing acts. Might I ask why

I was going to read Vanishings Acts next, but there is no good hype about it.....makes me worry.
blue_diamond21

Post by blue_diamond21 »

I've just finished Nineteen Minutes and thought it was great. She really captured life at a typical senior/high school (though minus the shooting)
Don't judge a book by it's cover - not always good advice

Return to “Discuss Authors”