Melody Carlson

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
readingdiva3
Bookshelf Size: 0

Melody Carlson

Post by readingdiva3 »

I recently discovered author Melody Carlson. I am currently reading Dating, Dining, and Desperation. This is book 2 of the Dear Daphne series. This book series captured me right away. It's a little romantic, easy to read, and a touch of Christianity. But it's not overloaded with any of these things. I have read many of her other books. All are very good.
Last edited by Gravy on 27 Jan 2017, 18:36, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed title
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

Sounds interesting. The author sounds familiar, but I know I haven't read that series. I might have to look it up.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Klbern

Post by Klbern »

I have read a few of her books and have enjoyed them. I read a lot of the Christian romance and the books I've read of hers fit right in there. They aren't preachy, but they do touch on Christianity. They are clean and well written!
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

:ditto:
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

readingdiva3 wrote:I recently discovered author Melody Carlson. I am currently reading Dating, Dining, and Desperation. This is book 2 of the Dear Daphne series. This book series captured me right away. It's a little romantic, easy to read, and a touch of Christianity. But it's not overloaded with any of these things. I have read many of her other books. All are very good.
Sounds great. I'll have to check her stuff out.
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Angela Stripes
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 04073">The Savage Damsel and the Dwarf</a>
Currently Reading: A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-angela-stripes.html
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka

Post by Angela Stripes »

Klbern wrote:I have read a few of her books and have enjoyed them. I read a lot of the Christian romance and the books I've read of hers fit right in there. They aren't preachy, but they do touch on Christianity. They are clean and well written!
That's good to know, I'll have to jot her name down. Does she write period romance? because I feel like that's been a bit over done in the Christian fiction sector...
Latest Review: "That Place of Knowledge" by Philip Alan Shalka
Emmachkakositsin

Post by Emmachkakositsin »

Yes, I love melody Carlson books their awesome. The Allison O’brian books are very good for teenagers.

Return to “Discuss Authors”