Danielle Steel's books????

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
qsusan
Favorite Book: Reaper Man
Currently Reading: Gone Girl
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qsusan.html
Latest Review: The God Debate - Dawkins in Denial by Terry Higham

Re: Danielle Steel's books????

Post by qsusan »

I dont know, her books tend to grate on me becausd I dont like the written voice she uses. However i understand why she is an international bestseller. Although the format of the books are similar, none of her books left me feeling she was just recycling the same plot points or that they were boring.
The best praise I can give her is despite me finding her voice annoying, I have read more than a dozen of her books.
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

Try Kaleidoscope. I loved it.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Lade_96
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Lade_96 »

Danielle steels "Malice" was one of the first big novels i ever read and ever since, i never think twice when given a chance to get one of her books. some of my favorites are "the thurstons, zoya, fine things" there are so many others i read and loved. what i love most about her books is that i can always imagine what the characters look like, feel their pain, joys..Beautiful work of fiction indeed.
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I own a few of her books, but I've only read Heartbeat. I really like her writing style and enjoyed this book.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

I have read one of her books, I forgot the title. It was about a girl who met an accident and she has to have her face changed. Then she met her boyfriend again who do not remember her of course. It was moving, very dramatic. I think it was a camera or something that made the man believe she was really who she claims to be.
strawberrysab
Currently Reading: The Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 161
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-strawberrysab.html
Latest Review: Maddy's Wings by Jan porter

Post by strawberrysab »

I read only "Crossings" when I was still a teenager. Loved it, but I was a dreamer back then and with low standards. No idea about the other books!
Berry :wine:
Cate Mbevi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cate-mbevi.html
Latest Review: The Attuned by Gary B. Haley

Post by Cate Mbevi »

Not all Danielle Steel books have a happy ending. Several have left me downcast like "The Lone Eagle". Her books were my favourite in my younger years and they are still now. I love the titles she gives to her books.
rupe10
Favorite Book: The Polished Hoe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rupe10.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by rupe10 »

This so strange to come upon this topic.

Read a few of her books back in high school because the girls were always talking about here and it turns out that my mom had all sorts of Steel's books on the shelves.

Don't remember a damn thing about any of them...

Fast-forward a billion year later and I just spent the weekend helping Ma clean out her basement.

If Steel is pushing on 200 books published to date -- i must have personally handled/sorted/alphabetized well over 100 in the last 2 days.

Ma says she's read all the one's in her possession. Wild!

Oh, she reads other stuff too. Reading Steel is like doing a crossword puzzle to her...
HollandBlue
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollandblue.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by HollandBlue »

I read 'The Promise' first, which is one of her earlier books, and it's still my favorite of all her books!
:techie-studyinggray: when I get a little money I buy books; and if I have any left l buy food and clothes
Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamas
(1466-1536)
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by flaming_quills »

A friend of mine also recommended Danielle Steele's books and it was only after I bought one that she told me most of them have sad endings that will tear you apart. I've been scared to read it ever since.
VAwkOb12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by VAwkOb12 »

How about irresistable forces. The novel has a very practical Feel to it but it does get tiring in places. All her novels drag a little at certain points so it's something you should expect when reading them.
Jennashby_87
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennashby-87.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B07CZMMQPM

Post by Jennashby_87 »

The only book of hers I have read so far is Granny Dan because I’m a dancer. I just inherited all of my grandmas books though so now I have to full bookcases of her novels. I actually can’t wait to dive in and get familiarized with her work!
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

Monotony or not, i love her books.
mgzlz13
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by mgzlz13 »

The Long Road Home" is one of my favorites
Tumisang thabile Ngenda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Tumisang thabile Ngenda »

I really love Dianelle steel books because they are filled with twists and turns. The characters in the books seem to be so alive and real. You would never want to put a Danielle steel book down you just need to keep reading and reading some more. I love how it is filled with emotion and anticipation. She really knows her stuff. I fell in love with the Ghost because it really shows what true love is. Aalsoit bears courage and confidence just as Sarah showed. I also loved undercover Marshall Everett had lost everything he had and started a new life in which he was eternally blessed to have Ariana. I really love his instincts and how he is always curious. I also love the way Ariana loves her father.

Return to “Discuss Authors”