Do you have a favorite YA author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
annieeb
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annieeb.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Icon Do you have a favorite YA author?

Post by annieeb »

I was quickly captivated by Young Adult authors and found a niche in reading those books. I try to branch out but I find that YA books are what interest me the most. I particularly love the author Shannon Hale. My favorite book by her is Enna Burning, followed closely with The Goose Girl and Forest Born. Every time I pick those books up, I am reminded of why I love them as well as why I love YA books.

What are some of your favorite YA authors and books?
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
lesleymarie517
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by lesleymarie517 »

Two books by Hannah Harrington. Speechless and Saving June are by far my two favorite books
PhilosophyHound
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by PhilosophyHound »

My son who is 16 recently read Journey to Yuwmah by John Saomes and he said it really made him think about all kinds of things about the world. He said I would enjoy it too and he was right. It took me a long time to read because I had to digest it piece by piece,but it was great. My reading with my son led us to discuss it and we talked for hours about lots of topics.
The book is about the Yuwmahn way of living, and how they organise their world so that everyone is as happy as they can be. I found some of the ideas brilliant. Most of all it lead my son and I to talk about our world and what really matters and what we would change if we could. We also talked about setting our rules for life and how to apply the Yuwmahn five pillars of universal wisdom. It's not really a YA book, but it's for everyone including YA's. My son is recommending it to all his friends and so am I.
lucymn11
Currently Reading: ROOM
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucymn11.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by lucymn11 »

Tony DiTerlizzi! He's insanely creative. One of his books, "The Search for WondLa" was so amazing that I read it six years ago, and have re-read it about 15 times since then.
dawn_1999_20

Post by dawn_1999_20 »

I don't have a favorite YA author. I read whatever sounds good.
E_MarMatt95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-marmatt95.html

Post by E_MarMatt95 »

I have to say that while I am a YA addict currently, I am quite obsessed with Richelle Mead. I fell in love with her Vampire Academy series. Her creativity on vampires and half-breeds, while maybe not original, is specifically what drew me to her novels. I own all of her VA series and truly wish she would continue to pull me into her make believe land of supernatural creatures.
lacos2693
Currently Reading: Roan
Bookshelf Size: 441
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lacos2693.html
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni

Post by lacos2693 »

Wow I absolutely love Shannon Hale! The Goose Girl series was amazing!

At the moment I just finished the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs which I think can be counted as YA. It's a great series with a totally cool, realistic and spunky female protagonist. Definitely recommend.
Latest Review: "Achieve Your Dreams" by Scott Hughes and A. Lynn Powers and Adam Buongiovanni
2kasmom
Currently Reading: Down And Dirty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2kasmom.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 2kasmom »

I have a hard time choosing, but with my having to make a choice I would take Ally Carter as my pick.

I love many others... but she is at the top of the list for how complete her books are and the fact they are clean enough to share with my kids.

Honarable mentions would be: Chris Cannon, Elle Kennedy, Cambria Hebert, Jennifer Comeaux, and John Green.
greywalker
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ndation</a>
Currently Reading: The Mysticism of Paul the Apostle
Bookshelf Size: 133

Post by greywalker »

Though I don't read her books anymore, Sarah Dessen is an incredible YA contemporary author. If you are a teenage girl or have a teenage girl, her books are excellent.
UnicornEmily

Post by UnicornEmily »

Brandon Mull. Though Brandon Sanderson, Rick Riordan, and Patricia C. Wrede are all great, too.
Bandersnatch
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 20562">The Hero of Ages</a>
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bandersnatch.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Post by Bandersnatch »

I love Rick Riordan, and I really like Marissa Meyer's Lunar Chronicles series.
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch
Ixcamik
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Ixcamik »

Rick Riordan has my vote, he does a great job with the various mythologies in his books.
Miguelio
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miguelio.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by Miguelio »

Suzanne Young, the author of The Program series. I also enjoy Victoria Aveyard and Marissa Meyer.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
ItsABeautifulDay

Post by ItsABeautifulDay »

The world building Sarah J Maas is doing in her Court series is wonderfully enjoyable. I am also a fan of Marissa Meyer and Victoria Aveyard.
mewsmash
Currently Reading: Animal Farm
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mewsmash.html
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Post by mewsmash »

I'll have to go with the popular vote and pick Suzanne Collins. The Hunger Games is my favorite YA series. I really haven't liked any other science fiction YA books so I have to give her the honor.
Latest Review: "The Expelled" by Mois Benarroch

Return to “Discuss Authors”