Which author started it all for you?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Cinderella53
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Which author started it all for you?

Post by Cinderella53 »

For me, it would have to be Rowling who started it all for me. She is still to this day the main source for my writing and motivation. I owe so much to her for her help over the years.
Valton
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valton.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Valton »

I cann't really remember who my first author was since i have been hooked on books ever since ever,starting from 'Carolyn keen'-Nancy drew, that was when i was younger but as i grew up,i fell in love with Dilly Court's works from my first read.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
gida
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by gida »

Scott Hughes
Almeja97
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-almeja97.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by Almeja97 »

For me, it was Paulo Coehlo. Even though I had read many books before, since I got my hand on my first Coehlo´s book, I fell in love with reading.
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
BookEater213
Currently Reading: Horse Manure Grows Great Roses
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookeater213.html
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by BookEater213 »

Lincoln Cole started all this for me and i am very happy to read his book Ravens Peak
Latest Review: "My Trip To Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
melleigha
Currently Reading: 30th century:escape
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by melleigha »

For me, I can't remember there being one author that started it all. I was a well enough reader and my mom put me into a remedial reading class in fourth grade. It kind of backfired, because I have been reading non-stop ever since.
Cherrilyn
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrilyn.html
Latest Review: "Belas Rift" by Stephan von Clinkerhoffen

Post by Cherrilyn »

I always enjoyed reading as a child. But when I was about 16 years old, I borrowed a Clive Cussler book from our local library. I was hooked on action and adventure. That was the beginning of reading and not caring how long the book was. I would be so wrapped in the story that I wouldn't think about how much I was reading or how much more I had to read, I was just enjoying the story.
Latest Review: "Belas Rift" by Stephan von Clinkerhoffen
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

James Hadley Chase started it all for me. After reading a couple of his books, I got addicted to reading actions and thriller books.
Audioslaver17
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 14">Father Night</a>
Currently Reading: Codex
Bookshelf Size: 649

Post by Audioslaver17 »

For me, it was Robert Ludlum with 'The Bourne Identity', a superb action thriller (shame about screen version).
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

Honestly, I don't remember. I've always loved reading for as long as I can remember. I enjoyed the Nany drew and dear Ameeica series a lot when I was young.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Lg_99
Currently Reading: The Fault in Our Stars
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lg-99.html
Latest Review: Jurisdiction Terminated by Jack Gold and Marc Debbeaudt

Post by Lg_99 »

For me, it was J.K. Rowling. I read each Harry Potter book at least four times. Eventually, I grew tired of it. I wanted to explore new worlds and plots, so I decided to look for new stories to read.
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

When I was a small kid that couldn't read my brother had a habit of telling me bed time stories. There were many, but one in particular was fascinating to me. It was about a little man who went travelling. And it was funny, adventurous and a little terrifying. It was about 5 years later that I realised he was repeating story of Tolkien's Hobbit. That was THE book and THE author for me, without even knowing it.
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

Carolyn Keene is the first author. Mom and I have been trying to complete a collection of it. Though I knwo Carolyn keene doesn't exist but still, The Nancy Drew Series started my writing career.
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

There are two authors that come to mind that I could credit for starting my reading adventure and making me realize my love for reading. The first is E B White because Charlotte's Web was the first chapter book I read on my own, and it will always be my favorite for that reason. I actually owned 2 copies at one point in time. The second author is JK Rowling, I had gotten the The Sorcerer's Stone and The Chamber of Secrets when I was younger but I didn't read the series until after high school. I found that reading was easy and enjoyable and I devoured all of the books in two weeks.
swirlofink
Currently Reading: 'Rosie, Bara, Gerry & Tom'
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by swirlofink »

I would say Carolyn Keene started it for me. Reading Nancy Drew books when I was a kid is what really got me into reading and I haven't stopped since!

Return to “Discuss Authors”