What authors are you addicted to?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
fari30
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fari30.html

Re: What authors are you addicted to?

Post by fari30 »

Rick Riordan (I would read the man's grocery list) and Sarah J. Maas. I haven't read ACOTAR by Maas yet because there are only 2 books out and I read Throne of Glass when there were only two books out and nearly died waiting for Heir of Fire! I am unwilling to go through that again, so I'm waiting for a few more books to come out before I jump into the world of ACOTAR haha.
My weekend is all booked!
DATo
Previous Member of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by DATo »

I find myself fast becoming a Dostoyevsky addict. I've read 6 of his novels now having finished the last yesterday evening (House Of The Dead) and I will be returning to Notes From The Underground next having put it temporarily aside to read the one I just finished because I couldn't put it down.
“I just got out of the hospital. I was in a speed reading accident. I hit a book mark and flew across the room.”
― Steven Wright
Jane Doe
Currently Reading: Paper Towns
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-doe.html

Post by Jane Doe »

I can't get enough of James Patterson. His books pull me in and it gets hard to put them down. I already have a growing collection.
bookworm68
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm68.html

Post by bookworm68 »

I am addicted to Christine Feehan and JR Ward. Feehan has over 20 novels in the dark series.
fari30
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fari30.html

Post by fari30 »

127% addicted to everything by Rick Riordan. He just keeps writing and I just keep reading and we're all pretty happy. I was addicted to Cassandra Clare for a while but that was a year or two ago.
My weekend is all booked!
Sophi57
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophi57.html

Post by Sophi57 »

I'm working on keeping up with but Kelley Armstrong and Richelle Meade. I usually look forward to Rick Riordan and Kiera Cass.
waluhyo
Currently Reading: Holding Fire
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by waluhyo »

Dan Brown actually
futrzak13
Currently Reading: Roadmap to the End of Days
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-futrzak13.html

Post by futrzak13 »

Paulo Coelho is the best but i also love to read John Grisham and Greg Iles.
bruin
Currently Reading: Cracking the Genome
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bruin.html
Latest Review: Havana 1995 -english version- by Ileana Gonzalez Monserrat

Post by bruin »

I always enjoy readying anything by Mitch Albom.
Karen Hope
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karen-hope.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Karen Hope »

For me that's hard to answer, there are several that fit that bill, but currently R.L. Mathewson wins the prize, specifically with her "Neighbor From Hell" series. This series is a hilarious romance series based on a family of men "The Bradford" who are freakishly large and have freakishly large appetites to go with their body size. Their basically overgrown boys who's most redeeming qualities seem to lie in the care and affection they display for the women they fall in love with and somehow, despite all probabilities, are able to win their love in return.
Fumbling their way through one mishap after another, dealing with the challenges from of the women their chasing, to their ongoing quest for "sustenance" (aka large quantities of food), they somehow manage to come through these books with just the right amount of drama, heart ache, angst, love and laughter to keep you on the edge of your seat.
Word of caution, if books that have you laughing so hard that you almost pee your pants several time over aren't for you than by all means stay far away from theses books! I for one loved these books so much I've read the whole series at least four times.
Bookaholic_Anonymous
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookaholic-anonymous.html

Post by Bookaholic_Anonymous »

I have to admit I'm a total girly girl when it comes to books at times. I have a soft spot for Alpha male, mushy, insta-love stories because those are realistic, right? Anyways, I have to say my most addicting authors are Alexa Riley and C.M. Steele!
Shannon43

Post by Shannon43 »

Right now I would say Robyn Peterman. I love her books.
hwong
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hwong.html
Latest Review: "Blood Hunger" by Beck Robertson

Post by hwong »

I would say Suzanne Brockmann (Especially the troubleshooter series) and Phillipa Gregory (Tudors and Cousin's War).
Latest Review: "Blood Hunger" by Beck Robertson
kourtneylynn24
Currently Reading: The Last Time She Saw Him
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtneylynn24.html

Post by kourtneylynn24 »

Have you ever read any of Helen Oyeyemi's books? They are magical yet so dark, she has truly beautiful writing. Oh and Anne Rice is another favorite of mine, her books are so full of depth and description, they suck you in and I'm always so upset when the book is finished.
LuluLovegood
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lululovegood.html

Post by LuluLovegood »

I will read pretty much anything by Lois Lowry. I love her short, simple, thoughtful stories. I think my favorite so far has been Gossamer.

Other than that, I'm not necessarily addicted to specific authors as much as I am certain genres. I find young adult fantasy novels to be a real guilty pleasure and read them rabidly.

Return to “Discuss Authors”