What authors are you addicted to?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
moonshoes
Currently Reading: always and forever lara jean
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moonshoes.html

Re: What authors are you addicted to?

Post by moonshoes »

Pete McPherson wrote:I've been hooked on Brandon Sanderson for a while now... I read both Stormlight Archive books, Warbreaker, and now I'm in the middle of the first Mistborn trilogy. His prose may not be anything special, but he's one of the best fantasy authors I've come across. His characters and his worldbuilding are incredible... I find myself coming for the magic and staying for the characters!
I have yet to read the Stormlight Archive books, but I've heard great things about them. At the moment I'm finishing up his Reckoners series, which I also recomment if you like science fiction. I"ve read everything else, apart from the Alcatraz books. I have almost a whole shelf dedicated to his books and I can stare at it for hours.
Athena2017
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-athena2017.html

Post by Athena2017 »

I love Stephen King, Christine Feehan, and Sherrilyn Kenyon. I love paranormal/ horror.
javaflipflops
Currently Reading: Wedding Cake Murder
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-javaflipflops.html

Post by javaflipflops »

Daniel Silva. I love his writing. I love his well thought out stories that are usually unpredictable. I love his character development. I love following the characters around the world, too!
Bookwrm2095
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookwrm2095.html
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch

Post by Bookwrm2095 »

J.R.R Tolkien all the way. I am a Lord of the Rings nerd at heart and love his work.
Latest Review: "The Nobel Prize" by Mois benarroch
Animeangel54

Post by Animeangel54 »

Hmmm, quite a lot actually. Rick Riordan has been a favourite of mine since I was 10 or so. Some of my more recent favourites are definitely Dan Brown, James Patterson and Neil Gaiman. :D
sherriska--22
Currently Reading: Maniac Magee[ MANIAC MAGEE ] By Spinelli, Jerry
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sherriska-22.html

Post by sherriska--22 »

Chris Bohjalian--I remember a co-worker bringing me a copy of Water Witches because "it's set in Vermont and sounds like your kind of book". Hot damn she was right! Many novels and years later, he is still going strong. Love his topics, love his lyricism, love him!
RuthRoseRed
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... Fahrenheit 451</a>
Currently Reading: 1984
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthrosered.html
Reading Device: B00GWR36F6

Post by RuthRoseRed »

Wow, I've actually read quite a few of Jennifer's books. She's a very talented storyteller. A cliche would be that my favorite authors are Shakespeare or Stephen King, but I love the classics.
dimes
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dimes.html

Post by dimes »

Many, but one of my most recent addictions was Agatha Christie. She was such a prolific author too, it took me more than a year just to finish reading most of her books, and I believe I still have some titles yet to read. Her cozy mysteries are exactly the type I love, even though one could perhaps call them formulaic at times, but they were so entertaining and comfortable.
liniageline89
Currently Reading: Ender's Game
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by liniageline89 »

Right now Heron Carvic and his Miss Seeton series are my addiction. I currently am rereading the whole series or at least as much of it as I can get my hands on.
Deliza
Favorite Author: Christine Feehan
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deliza.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
fav_author_id: 2573

Post by Deliza »

There are quite I few I'll have to admit. And yeah I follow them and read EVERY one of their book. (I really do need to get a life...no, no. Not suggesting or criticizing any of my fellow soulmates who spend the weekend with a book. It's a personal fact. I need to get a social life)
Anyway, I digress. There's Christine Feehan (LOVE her), J.R. Ward, Nalini Singh, Pamela Palmer. These are my favorites.
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty
Jasmine M Wardiya
Currently Reading: Darkglass Mountain #2 - The Twisted Citadel
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jasmine-m-wardiya.html
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Jasmine M Wardiya »

Emily Rodda and Garth Nix, I think. And more or less Tolkien as well, though I wasn't a huge fan of the Hobbit. Emily Rodda in particular... She was one of the first authors I read back in primary school and I'm still following all her new series. Ann M Martin not so much - but maybe only because most of what I've read from her is the one series (and a few standalone books). But one of Ann M Martin's books was one of the first I ever read and that has some sentimental value so if I see a book on the shelf I haven't read of hers, I'll still pick it up and read it.
Latest Review: "A Kingdom Forgotten" by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Kate_Lewis

Post by Kate_Lewis »

I'm beginning to get into some good, classic science fiction books, so I bought a few famous paperbacks: 2001: a space odyssey, the Martian (which is epic), Do android dream of electric sheep?, and so on.
Nancy-83
Favorite Author: sylvia day
Currently Reading: Claim me
Bookshelf Size: 26
fav_author_id: 3447

Post by Nancy-83 »

Sylvia Day- I have read nearly every single one of her books. There are only a few that I haven't gotten to read yet. Actually I can't find them whenever I have the money to pay for them, I can never find em. I have read and bought them in paperback and I've downloaded all of books to my reading apps and devices. I'd start with the first book in a series and I wouldn't stop until I had the whole collection. The very first Sylvia Day book ? that I bought was Bared to you, the Crossfire Series. I read it and I just couldn't stop. I have over 20 of her books and I'll have more as soon as I can find them until I have them all!!!
Renee24
Currently Reading: The Heist
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee24.html

Post by Renee24 »

Janet Evanovich, can't get enough of her books.
I also love Gregory Benford, tho I admit I haven't read all his yet.
And lately Richelle Mead, I'm into the vampire/witches/wolves paranormal stuff these days. Always looking for more of them. Her Succubus series is really cool.
booklover0923
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booklover0923.html

Post by booklover0923 »

Personally, I love all of J.D. Robbs books. She has close to 50 books in totally and I own every single copy. The day one comes out, I buy it. I love the main character she created and the new mystery she provides in each novel.

Return to “Discuss Authors”