What authors are you addicted to?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Pete McPherson
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pete-mcpherson.html

Re: What authors are you addicted to?

Post by Pete McPherson »

I've been hooked on Brandon Sanderson for a while now... I read both Stormlight Archive books, Warbreaker, and now I'm in the middle of the first Mistborn trilogy. His prose may not be anything special, but he's one of the best fantasy authors I've come across. His characters and his worldbuilding are incredible... I find myself coming for the magic and staying for the characters!
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

Pete McPherson wrote:I've been hooked on Brandon Sanderson for a while now... I read both Stormlight Archive books, Warbreaker, and now I'm in the middle of the first Mistborn trilogy. His prose may not be anything special, but he's one of the best fantasy authors I've come across. His characters and his worldbuilding are incredible... I find myself coming for the magic and staying for the characters!
I also love Brandon Sanderson. I loved the Mistborn trilogy. Vin and Eland are great characters. I enjoyed the powers that the all the allomancers enjoyed. I think the idea of consuming a metal and it burns in the body to give special powers is cool. I have only read the first of the Stormlight series. It is very long and I think a re-read would help me understand the significance of all the nuances Sanderson weaves into his stories. I loved Elantris and Warbreaker!! Great stuff.
MarkMueller
Favorite Author: Michael Connelly
Currently Reading: I Capture the Castle
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markmueller.html
fav_author_id: 3897

Post by MarkMueller »

Stephen King. My favorite novel of his is "Bag Of Bones."
Dean Koontz. My favorite book of his is "Innocence".
Lins Pens
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Lins Pens »

Paperalki+ wrote:
Melinda Louise wrote:I am generally more of a classic literature and fantasy fan, but I've been really into the YA author Chanda Hahn lately. She wrote the wonderful Unfortunate Fairy Tale series, which I absolutely adored. I recently bought The Iron Butterfly, the first of another series. She also has yet ANOTHER series coming out that I will have to read. Any other YA guilty pleasure authors I should know about?
I love Chanda Hahn and the Unfortunate Fairy Tale series. I've also read the Iron butterfly series and it was absolutely amazing I hope you like it.
Both series are extremely good and easy reads. I mean, when you lose sleep trying to just "finish the chapter," .. well.. you know...
Satori
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Satori »

I love Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. I have been a fan for many years and of course now there is a TV show! Her writing style is unlike any other I have ever read and I do not believe there was a classification that could describe just what genre her books fit into. They feature elements of science fiction, romance, history/historical fiction, adventure, fantasy, and drama as well as a bit of comedy once in a while. Much the same as life has to offer!
They are all extremely well written and very entertaining. The characters are so well developed they seem to leap off the page and the stories play out right in front of you.
I look forward to each new book that Ms. Gabaldon has published.

-- 26 Dec 2016, 05:32 --

I have read almost everything Dean Koontz has written. My favorites are his Odd Thomas series, Frankenstein series, "The Face", and of course "Tick Tock"! I enjoyed reading Tick Tock so much that people thought I was nuts when I would burst out in laughter while reading it! It is way out-of-genre for Koontz: after his regular horror beginning, the plot changes quickly to a hilarious, terrifying comedy and the laughs keep coming all the way to the end! As with all Koontz novels, there is a moral with the story, so there is a huge one with Tick Tock... and you will have to read it! You won't be disappointed.

-- 26 Dec 2016, 05:40 --
imerrns wrote:I absolutely love Kathleen O'neal Gear and Michael Gear. They suck you in and are so full of detail!! The books he writes on his own I'm not a big fan of...but those two together are AMAZING!! I also really like Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series
I also love Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series! I am a huge fan ~ have been for years... I have read all 8 books and am really looking forward to the next one, whenever it comes out! It will be titled "Go Tell the Bees That I Am Gone".

-- 26 Dec 2016, 06:06 --

I love John Grisham and Michael Crichton ~ both of whom have produced some intense works of fiction that have been highly successful and even been made into major films. I loved the book "Congo" and was really looking forward to seeing the movie but ended up being extremely disappointed when it came out because they ruined it completely. The book was fantastic, the movie was horrible! There really wasn't enough from the book that actually made it into the movie if you ask me... they changed far too much.
I also love Nicholas Sparks. Another successful writer that has many novels that have been made into major films. The first one is of course, The Notebook! I remember when I read that book how I just cried like a baby at the end... the movie did not generate the same emotion but it was still a powerful film.
Ritchelle

Post by Ritchelle »

Give me a Robert Ludlum book anytime and see me disappear. He's really, really good. Such technicality in his crime solving ways and talent for connecting and relating to anybody who doesn't have any idea on FBI-type of operations. I'd say his books are worth spending time on. That's entertainment at its finest.
TesaRenee
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tesarenee.html

Post by TesaRenee »

I love Kathy Reichs! I was so engrossed in the Temperance Brennan series and probably a little too excited when they turned them into Bones for Fox!
Mandoysmoysoy
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandoysmoysoy.html

Post by Mandoysmoysoy »

Ally Carter, Sara Shepard, Mary Higgins Clark, and more
Kindaconfused

Post by Kindaconfused »

O'Henry, Deepak Chopra, Kurt Vonnegut, Janet Evanovich, Elmore Lenard, Hunter S. Thompson ... Depends on my mood.
June14+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-june14.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch

Post by June14+ »

I am in love with Nora Roberts! She is the best. With each book that I read of hers, is my new favorite book! The In Death series, where she writes under a pen name, has personally effected me, and I thank her for her courage to write and follow her dreams.
Cowgirl888
Currently Reading: The 13th Demon
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowgirl888.html

Post by Cowgirl888 »

I'm addicted to Patricia Cornwell...the Scarpetta series is outstanding.
2kasmom
Currently Reading: Down And Dirty
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-2kasmom.html
Latest Review: Are Your Kids Naked Online? by Chris Good and Lisa Good
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by 2kasmom »

I never miss a book by Ally Carter, Cambria Hebert, or Chris Cannon, & Elle Kennedy.

I have many other favorites but I won't take up that much of your time.
heymissmeia
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heymissmeia.html

Post by heymissmeia »

Currently, I'm addicted to Agatha Christie, A.G. Howard, Marissa Meyer, Roshani Chokshi and Jodi Meadows the most! I LOVE the worlds they are building! It's very captivating and engaging.
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

I'm addicted to Sonia Choquette, Doreen Virtue, and LMJ Owen.
MrsSisson
Currently Reading: My One Word
Bookshelf Size: 476

Post by MrsSisson »

Without a doubt, David Eddings. I was first introduced to him through his fantasy series, The Belgarion. I have since read (and own) everything he wrote.

Return to “Discuss Authors”