Has anyone read Patricia Cornwell

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
DeniseLaro
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Has anyone read Patricia Cornwell

Post by DeniseLaro »

I can't say that I have. But she will definitely be next on my list, I can assure you that. Thanks for brining this to my attention.
Vcdulinsky
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Vcdulinsky »

Yes I love her books ever since I read the redmist
dgallois
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dgallois.html
Latest Review: Betrayal of Faith by Mark M. Bello
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by dgallois »

I have read everyone of her books and am waiting patiently each November for the newest one. Last year, she decided to finish her Jack the Ripper book and so I have to wait until this November for the newest Kay Scarpetta one. I understand that not everyone is a fan but that is the case with most authors/styles. I haven't really ever researched her to know what I have learned just reading the comments here today. It makes sense now why her books have changed over time. I am still a fan and will still read any new books in the Scarpetta series but now I understand why they changed a bit over the years.
Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn ~ Benjamin Franklin
Tbunde5
Favorite Book: A Column of Fire
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tbunde5.html
Latest Review: Kamel by Charles J Haubner III

Post by Tbunde5 »

I think Cornwell’s Problem is that the underlying conflict between main characters was interesting in the first couple of Scarpetta novels, but she can’t get past it. We have the same angst in book 10 as in book 1. And can we get a new villain already? Quit resurrecting Carrie Gretham and move on.
Nmanchado2018
Favorite Author: Tami Hoag
Currently Reading: Secrets to the Grave
Bookshelf Size: 47
fav_author_id: 3744

Post by Nmanchado2018 »

teecarroll97 wrote: 08 Jan 2016, 15:52 Has anyone else read Patricia Cornwell's books?
I have only ever read her Kay Scarpetta novels. I would recommend these books to everyone and anyone who loves crime thrillers :D
My mom has read most of the books and she loves this Author. I habe yet to read this Author but I would like to start as soon as I'm done with another series
Kareka88
Favorite Book: A Ring of Endless Light
Currently Reading: The Rooster Bar
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareka88.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Kareka88 »

I read her Scarpetta books many years ago and enjoyed them very much, but I have not found any that held my attention since. I think after her book Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper Case Closed, her character and plot development have gone downhill.
jcoad
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcoad.html
Latest Review: True Blue Friend by Roy DeMauro

Post by jcoad »

The early books are great. I picked up the last few at garage sales here and there and was really disappointed. Couldn't get through 50 pages of one and didn't even try the other one. What a great series that has gone downhill. I had the same issue with the Cross books, just got tired of them. With that being said, I can read John Sandford and Lee Child all day long.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

I used to love her books, and used to look for them on second hand sites to buy them in bulk. I have recently reread most of them and put them in our villages free library. Somehow they didn't appeal to me anymore the way they used to.

Return to “Discuss Authors”