New, upcoming authors

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
ReaderLeader
Bookshelf Size: 0

New, upcoming authors

Post by ReaderLeader »

I'd love to hear about some new and upcoming authors that would appeal to a middle school librarian who reads just about anything, except nonfiction. 8) They don't have to write for middle school, but this particular reader really appreciates ALL kind of humor and life pathos.
Kira Inara

Post by Kira Inara »

I have read so many of them but can't recall all the names. You can check out Sarah Doughty and Arwen Jayne. Will let you know few more later.
Ali hamza
Currently Reading:

Post by Ali hamza »

Sarah Bradbury
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by flaming_quills »

Most of the up and coming authors I know at the moment are YA writers like Tomi Adeyemi whose work I must say I've heard high praise for despite the fact that I haven't really read her works. Personally, it would appear I prefer reading established authors, those that have already proved they're worth their salt.
Jlprince26
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlprince26.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Jlprince26 »

Caleb J. Boyer who is also a middle school student, I would assume, as he is only 12 years old. I enjoyed his book Island Games. While he targets young readers, I feel like anyone would enjoy the book. The book also has a message to his readers at the end. It's about two young boys stranded on an island. There is a good bit of playful banter between the two boys throughout the book.
- "Our children learn from us, teach them well, teach them to read, let them be free, and most importantly let them be children." Jamie Prince
Nicole_Boyd
Currently Reading: A Captive in Algiers
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicole-boyd.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Nicole_Boyd »

Jlprince26 wrote: 06 Jun 2019, 12:31 Caleb J. Boyer who is also a middle school student, I would assume, as he is only 12 years old. I enjoyed his book Island Games. While he targets young readers, I feel like anyone would enjoy the book. The book also has a message to his readers at the end. It's about two young boys stranded on an island. There is a good bit of playful banter between the two boys throughout the book.

Wow that’s impressive, being a published author at such a young age! I’ll have to check out his work. 😊
AleYaya
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aleyaya.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by AleYaya »

I just read a book by Blair Braverman. It was called Welcome to the Goddamn Ice Cube. I could hardly put it down!
Probably not good for middle schoolers, but I really enjoyed it.
Felicity Granger
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-felicity-granger.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Felicity Granger »

Since it's not targeted towards middle schoolers, I'm gonna go wild with my genres. Try Sarah J. Mass, Elle Kennedy, J.R. Ward, B.B. Reid, Cassandra Clare, Becca Fitzpatrick, Penelope Douglas... These are mostly young adult with slices of fantasy fiction in some. I can definitely vouch for the humourous aspect as the banter, dialogue and entirety of their work made me crack up.
Andy_C
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andy-c.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Andy_C »

Sally Rooney is very good. Has two novels out so far.

Return to “Discuss Authors”