Author Appreciation!

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Bukari
Currently Reading: Everything Solid Has a Shadow
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bukari.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Re: Author Appreciation!

Post by Bukari »

Well, the authors of those books that are presented for the review team to read and review need our appreciation and support apart from the review we give them. And I think Scott also needs our gratitude so that we could expert more of the good works from him.
"Ever Tried. Ever Failed. No Matter. Try Again. Fail Again. Fail Better." - Samuel Beckett.
Jessica Reehl
Currently Reading: Goodnight Irene
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-reehl.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Jessica Reehl »

I am a recent reviewer in this group. I've read and reviewed 6 books so far. All have been top notch books that I really enjoyed reading. I am a nonfiction junkie so the one I just finished, The Cult Next Door, was my favorite so far. It is absolutely a fascinating and engrossing read that I'll be thinking about for a long time.
Book Bear
Currently Reading: Earth Alone
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-bear.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
Reading Device: B0184OCGAK

Post by Book Bear »

Great post. I can't believe the percentage of Americans not reading. It's so high. There's something special about reading that you can't get from any other media. This site is a gem.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

One thing that comes instantly to mind is Solaris Seethes. I would never have even thought of reading the book until I read the onlinebookclub review. It peaked my interest and when I started reading it I really could not put it down. It is without a doubt the best e-book I have ever read! So I say a great "Thank you" to this site!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
Patox
Currently Reading: Death Must Go On!
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Patox »

I am increasingly spending more time on this site because I am learning a lot. Very wise of you to start such a forum.
Maemuna
Currently Reading: McDowell
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maemuna.html
Latest Review: Mythic Worlds and the One You Can Believe In by Harold Toliver

Post by Maemuna »

thank you scott for such a nice work.
Kareka88
Favorite Book: A Ring of Endless Light
Currently Reading: The Rooster Bar
Bookshelf Size: 302
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kareka88.html
Latest Review: Will of The Hill by Marshall Cobb

Post by Kareka88 »

I love the idea of the shop by cover page. The cover of a book is essential to me, and if I'm in a bookstore, I definitely shop by the look of the cover.
"Life is an occasion - rise to it." Mr. Magorian
Zora C Penter
Currently Reading: Every Ghost Has Its Story
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zora-c-penter.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Zora C Penter »

Book Bear wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 06:01 Great post. I can't believe the percentage of Americans not reading. It's so high. There's something special about reading that you can't get from any other media. This site is a gem.
I am so glad I found this site and have recommended it to many friends. I wish more people enjoyed reading!
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

I thank you Scott and each one of you here. It is a wonderful community and I am learning as well as enjoying a lot.

I recently read The Unbound Soul by Richard Haight because of recommendations by readers and reviewers. It has helped me personally.
Renu G
Currently Reading: Masters and Bastards
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renu-g.html
Latest Review: The Roving Mind: A Modern Approach to Cognitive Enhancement by Anthony Simola

Post by Renu G »

I thank you Scott and each one of you here. It is a wonderful community and I am learning as well as enjoying a lot. I recently read The Unbound Soul by Richard Haight because of recommendations by readers and reviewers. It has helped me personally.
Jlprince26
Currently Reading: Cynthia and Dan
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jlprince26.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.

Post by Jlprince26 »

Thank you to everyone who has made this site possible. Being a homemaker, I finally have time to sit down and read and enjoy books, as a new college student eager to get my Bachelor's in English, this site has greatly helped me to see that I honestly still have so much learning to do, while I love to read, reviewing the books and seeing my mistakes and having someone constructively criticize me has opened my eyes.
Thank you Scott. Thank you to all the authors who submit their books. Thank you to all the reviewers and members. And to the editors, thank you for your constructive criticism.
- "Our children learn from us, teach them well, teach them to read, let them be free, and most importantly let them be children." Jamie Prince
maggi3
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maggi3.html
Latest Review: Paper Doll by Caitlin Strommen

Post by maggi3 »

I’m so grateful I found this site. Pressing Flowers by Katie Blanchard and Seven at Two Past Five are both great books I’ve read because of recommendations from reviewers here. I can’t believe that so many people miss out on the joy of reading!
Pronouns: they/them

:gay-rainbow:
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

I feel I have really grown in writing by using this site. Also, I have read many, many books I would not have otherwise chosen because of reviews here. I look at covers, and without a review, I sometimes skip over them. For example, the books "Gardening With Guns" and " From Liberty to Magnolia" are among those that I have recently read and I'm am so glad I did.

I also feel I know much more about the world in general because of the diversity of the books here. More general knowledge, more inspiration from others' experiences, and more connections with other book lovers. Thank you for this site!
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

Beneath the covers of books, our inner world is opened to new adventures. Thanks to all authors for the adventures. A big one to you Scott for bringing up together this community of book lovers. My gratitude to all reviewers as well, that includes myself.
Nikolas Farmakis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nickolas-farmakis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nikolas Farmakis »

I agree with you on that! A huge thank you to all the authors who make their books available to us to read! :D :)

Return to “Discuss Authors”