What about Paulo Coelho?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
mariana90
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariana90.html
Latest Review: Zonas de quema by Jorge P. Newbery
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Re: What about Paulo Coelho?

Post by mariana90 »

eastandalchemy wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 06:21
mariana90 wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 21:32 I remember reading "The Alchemist" and having my mind blown. I was young and it was such a different type of book from what I was used to. He is definitely a most interesting writer.
I was also quite blown away the first time I read The Alchemist. It's definitely a book for the more spiritually-minded individual, or those looking for a sign to pursue their passions. There are very few books that I re-read, but this is one I can always go back to.
I haven't actually re-read it yet! I barely remember it, so I'm looking forward to be blown away all over again once it falls back in my hands.
AnxiousSocks
Currently Reading: Ash
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anxioussocks.html
Latest Review: The Miller's Tale by Geoffrey Chaucer (Brian Lamont translator)

Post by AnxiousSocks »

Veronica Decides to Die is the only book of his that i enjoyed.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Post by LinaMueller »

Paulo Coelho is amazing, but he does not write for literary fame. I recommend his books to everyone. The Alchemist is my personal favorite.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Jade1692
Currently Reading: Healing Anger
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jade1692.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Jade1692 »

I am absolutely in love with his book, The Alchemist. It may seem simple and almost like an extended fairy tale to some, but that is part of its charm. The ideas that Coelho presents are just that simple to understand that it doesn't need a lot of explanation or fancy puffed up language. It's incredibly beautiful in its simplicity--which isn't to say the story is not complex in some ways. Unfortunately, I haven't read any others...YET. The Witch of Portobello and Brida are very close to next on my reading list, however.
Tavaiel26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavaiel26.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tavaiel26 »

I tried reading him many, many times (The Alchemist, Veronica Decides to Die, Manual of the Warrior of Light), but couldn't feel him, to be honest. I understand what he gives, but it hasn't been for me so far.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

It's funny that I have very mixed feelings about this author. I struggled through The Alchemist, tried another one of his books but gave up and can't even remember the title. And I totally love Veronica decides to die, it's one of my all-time favorites.
remimarcelle
Currently Reading: don juan
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by remimarcelle »

I have read one book by Paulo, it was called 11 Minutes. It touched my soul in a way I didn't know it could be touched. Beautifully written, you feel the main characters pain, you feel all of her emotions, you empathise with her. You want to rescue her in a sense. Well that's if you're open-minded... It can be a difficult read for someone with more traditional views but that's what I like about him , Paulo will challenge every preconception you thought you had and twist and turn them around on their heads.

He is the master of change and being and love.

I believe so anyway, well one master, there are many.

He is a wise man, giving his gifts in the form of words. For that I am grateful.

I hope to read The Alchemist and his other pieces of work soon.
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

Well, I'm confused here. Because The Alchemist was so good like super awesome good but most of his other books didn't live up. I think it's may be the expectations but the other books i loved by him are Veronica decides to die then brida. All others were just meh.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D

Return to “Discuss Authors”