Which author do you constantly recommend?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
annathebooknerd
Bookshelf Size: 0

Which author do you constantly recommend?

Post by annathebooknerd »

I'm avid reader of New Adult and Young Adult, so my recommendations vary on what I'm currently reading, but I have to say that one of my most recommended and favorite authors is Jennifer Armentrout. She always astounds me with her stories and idea's. She has such a unique writing style, one that is endearing to readers young an old, she never ceases to amaze me with her works. She is also one of those authors that I would read any book she wrote - seriously, she's that good.
Who's yours?
Jolyon Trevelyan
Favorite Author: Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Bookshelf Size: 10
fav_author_id: 2563

Post by Jolyon Trevelyan »

Fyodor Dostoevsky
A mistake is simply another way of doing things
CJBrightley
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cjbrightley.html

Post by CJBrightley »

Sharon Kay Penman and Edith Pargeter, both historical fiction authors. I love love love their books. I read Edith Pargeter's The Heaven Tree Trilogy in high school, and it is probably the reason I started thinking about my own writing more seriously. Their characters are beautiful and flawed and magnificent. Edith Pargeter also wrote a book called A Bloody Field by Shrewsbury... even the title is magnificent! For Sharon Kay Penman, I started with The Welsh Princes, which begins with Here Be Dragons. Read anything by either one of these authors... you can't go wrong.
helenrachel123

Post by helenrachel123 »

I recommend LIanne moriaraty and jo jo moyes never tire of reading their books
caleighchap

Post by caleighchap »

Cassandra Clare. She has a really strong writing style that I absolutely adore.
Jcarey13
Currently Reading: Demon Child
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jcarey13.html

Post by Jcarey13 »

The authors I recommend most often are George R.R. Martin, Patrick Rothfuss and recently Robert Jordan for the Wheel of time Series. The way these authors describe things in their books automatically drawn you in to the point where you read the books several times and find something new each time. I'm a big fan of science fiction/fantasy and these 3 are my current top favorites.
Linck-2-books

Post by Linck-2-books »

My favorite genre of books is Westerns. It seems that there are very few Western authors these days so I must say the authors I would recommend are from a past era. Among them is Hogan.
Laurencbosch
Currently Reading: Brisingr
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurencbosch.html
Latest Review: "Fleeing Eden" by Trisha M. Wilson

Post by Laurencbosch »

I always recommend Jodi Picoult. She is such a talented writer and storyteller with a unique style. I love how much research she does for each story and how much detail she goes into each characters' lives and personalities. Other than Picoult I normally just recommend certain books rather than certain authors. I account that mostly to not reading enough books from another particular author.
Latest Review: "Fleeing Eden" by Trisha M. Wilson
cittin5
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cittin5.html

Post by cittin5 »

I always recommend CL Stone's books to people. They have been my favorite since my sister showed them to me.
ncardenas1802
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ncardenas1802.html

Post by ncardenas1802 »

It between Rainbow Rowell and Keira Cass
Justreadin
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justreadin.html

Post by Justreadin »

It really depends on what the person is looking for. James Rollins if the person has time and wants a book with many thought provoking situations. Alex Kava is good for a quick read no too deep. If you need a good cry of course Nicholas Sparks or Jodi Picoult.
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

Vampire Huntress Series - L.A. Banks
Fae Fever Series - Karen Morning
Young Adult - Lois Lowry
Christian Fiction (The Sacrifice)- Robert Whitlow

Countless Others but this is a start.
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
QueenPeng44
Currently Reading: Piece de Resistance
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-queenpeng44.html
Latest Review: "Glimpses of Autobiography" by jt
Reading Device: B00J8DL78O

Post by QueenPeng44 »

I recommend Martha Beck's books when asked for a great self help book. For mysteries, it is Mary Higgins Clark or my favorite, her daughter, Carol Higgins Clark.
Latest Review: "Glimpses of Autobiography" by jt
frvrlovc37

Post by frvrlovc37 »

I am always recommending Mary Higgins Clark to anyone who wants to read a good mystery! Her books are all good, haven't read one that wasn't worth purchasing!
cgbaca74

Post by cgbaca74 »

I have way to many to list them all but the current top two are Jim Butcher and Kevin Hearne

-- 16 Jun 2015, 00:50 --

I have way to many to list them all but the current top two are Jim Butcher and Kevin Hearne

Return to “Discuss Authors”