Which author do you want to have a beer with?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Jamasenu
Favorite Author: Valerie Wilson Wesley
Currently Reading: Change Your Thinking Transform Your Life: 21 Truths to Renew Your Mind in Christ
Bookshelf Size: 1547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jamasenu.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 125603

Re: Which author do you want to have a beer with?

Post by Jamasenu »

Terri2 wrote: 02 Mar 2007, 20:15 Which author would you most want to meet and sit down and have a beer with?

(If you don't drink beer, which author would you most want to go to lunch with?)
I would love to go to lunch with Walter Mosley. He, in my opinion, personifies the skills author's need to adapt to other forms of writing, adjust to the interest of the reader or changing of times and the wherewithal to put it on paper just as he sees it and draw his readers to the story.
To survive, you must tell stories.
― Umberto Eco, The Island of the Day Before
kerricellis
Currently Reading: Before We Were Yours
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kerricellis.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by kerricellis »

It doesn't have to be just one, right? I'd love to have a bear with Wally Lamb, because I still have a lot of issues, and I think he could help me out with those. I'd love to have a beer with Tolkien, because...duh - same with JK Rowling. I'd love to have a beer with Stephen King, so I could ask him why he talks about chain falls in all of his books. Truman Capote, because I think he would just be delightful! And I could ask him if he was the one who wrote To Kill a Mockingbird.
El Bougha
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by El Bougha »

vernon sullivan (boris vian) without a doubt !!
Osuma
Currently Reading: Ruby's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Osuma »

Douglace Adams ,i Love His Books ,if Am Privillaged Or Opportuined To See Or Meet With Him I Would Loved To Have A Drink An Lauch With Him!
Osuma
Currently Reading: Ruby's Choice
Bookshelf Size: 36

Post by Osuma »

The Author's I Will Like Have Drink And A Lauch With Are: Dan Chaon' Tc Boyle' Lord Byron' Douglas Adams' Foster Wallace!
simran98
Currently Reading: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by simran98 »

JK Rowling definitely. Though I'd like to have a coffee instead. No other book can compare to the Harry Potter series. If one is looking for a universe of adventure, it is the go to book. Also it's fun read for every age group. I'd really like to talk to her about how she got inspired and created this whole different world. :D
haleygerstenberg
Currently Reading: Amusing ourselves to death
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-haleygerstenberg.html
Latest Review: Superhighway 2 by Alex Fayman

Post by haleygerstenberg »

Anne Lamott. (Author of Bird by Bird) She seems like such a nice, quirky, down-to-earth kind of person. I think it would be awkward at first, but once we got settled in we'd spend the night talking about art and life and such.
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

Stephen king, James Patterson and Linda Howard though coffee will be better appreciated.
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

As far as living authors go, I'd love to have a beer with Brandon Sanderson. I greatly enjoy his writing, and I think he seems to be a great person. He seems down to earth, kind, and would be great to discuss writing with. When he travels, he will find his books at airport bookstores and sign them. I think that's so cool and a great way to connect with his readers (instead of only holding book review sessions where he signs a limited number of copies).
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins
dtb
Currently Reading: A Darker Shade of Magic
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dtb.html
Latest Review: Four Funny Potatoes! by Len Foley

Post by dtb »

Rachel Hawkins would be my choice. I follow her on Twitter, and she makes me laugh every day.
Anukam daniel27

Post by Anukam daniel27 »

I would love to have a lunch with Dan brown. A lot of things have been revealed to meafrom his writing. The cold war between the Christianity and science.
Would love to appreciate his last book "The Origin" wow! He brought about a mutual understanding between atheist and Christians. He is great writer
Mallam Aminu Yakubu
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Mallam Aminu Yakubu »

James hardly chase is my best
Traci24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-traci24.html
Latest Review: If life stinks get your head outta your buts by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by Traci24 »

I have two I just can't pick!!! Nora Roberts and Amanda Lee! I have read and own all of Nora's books and would love to sit and chat with her.
Amanda Lee has quickly become my favorite with ALL of her series. I don't think there is one I have read that I don't like.
😁
Either one would be awesome to drink/lunch with.
Philip LoPresti
Favorite Author: Isaac Asimov
Favorite Book: The Sparrow
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-philip-lopresti.html
Latest Review: The King of May by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 2547

Post by Philip LoPresti »

I think I'd have to go with Cormac McCarthy. His ability to write about desperate people so ridiculously well makes me think he' d have some interesting stories to tell over a beer.
Davidizu
Currently Reading:

Post by Davidizu »

I'd love to have a beer with bestselling author and present president of america,Donald trump
He has been an inspiration to me

Return to “Discuss Authors”