Which author do you want to have a beer with?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Tracey Neal
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Favorite Book: The Hundred Dresses
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by Tracey Neal »

benfoldsgirl wrote:
Star wrote:
benfoldsgirl wrote: I would probably choose Hunter S. Thompson, William Burroughs, and Jack Kerouac. Oh, and Rob Sheffield, John Sellers, and Chuck Klosterman. These would be at different times, of course.
I like Love is a Mix Tape, Life and Loss..One Song at a Time..Rob Sheffield=) It would be cool to have a drink with him
That is one of my favorite books. I read it in a day. It wasn't challenging or particularly amazing, but I think sometimes that is a good thing.

Oh yeah, definitely=)
sweetos

Post by sweetos »

i'd like to have a few beers with jack kerouac. he seems like a really cool guy. i'd love it if he'd take neil cassidy with him but only if neil's sober and on a leash or something. and maybe he can also take with him his other writer friends, william s. burroughs and allen ginsberg. but i think only allen's alive till this day.
mark

Post by mark »

probly JK rowling lol
Libellus

Post by Libellus »

Oscar Wilde and Dorothy Parker - probably individually as it we be a shame to see them trying to out-do each other , but that may be fun too. Guess there would have to be others there aswell...to provide the "raw material"
Jenn

Post by Jenn »

Great question! :D I`d want to share a dark ale with Robert Burns, an Oregon pinot noir with Anne Rice, a russian vodka with Edna St.Vincent Millay, and champagne with Colette. :)

Tho I`m a biased regarding Robbie Burns---he`s my 6th great Uncle. :D
Inkling

Post by Inkling »

There are more than a few authors I would like nothing more than to sit down and have a drink and a yaffle with, however, I think Bill Bryson would be the perfect way to pass a few hours; writing experience that spans newspapers to books, highly amusing with his travel tales, a font of interesting trivia, and by all accounts a down to earth individual.
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.
sleepydumpling

Post by sleepydumpling »

I'm with you Inkling, Bill would be an awesome person to spend time with over a few drinks.
Have a Hoot: Read a Book! http://www.haveahootreadabook.co.uk

blue_diamond21

Post by blue_diamond21 »

I'd love to have a drink with Jean Sasson. She had such amazing access to a royally connected family in Riyadh and she told the story of the family member that contacted her beautifully
Don't judge a book by it's cover - not always good advice
hotrod marlin

Post by hotrod marlin »

Ayn Rand. If it was only 1 beer- I would nurse that beer for hours....
Writer44

Post by Writer44 »

I'd like to share a jar with Pete Hamil. I'd like to split a bottle with James Ellroy.
hllyfuzz

Post by hllyfuzz »

I think Stephen King would be intresting to sit and talk to. He is my husbands favorite author and from what I hear about his books, he would definatly be cool to hang out with. He is dark and mysterious. I would love to talk to his wife also.
LSWANTAYLOR

Post by LSWANTAYLOR »

It would have to be James Patterson but if he isnt available then Dean Koontz
Sheila
Favorite Author: Impossible to pick
Favorite Book: Gone With The Wind
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Sheila »

I'd like to drink with Author Conan Doyle, Clarence Day Jr, Poe, and Wolfe. Least not forget James Joyce or JD Salinger
sandranovack

Post by sandranovack »

Well, I'd love to sit down with Raymond Carver if he were still alive, or Melville, or Hem. Or Joyce.

Now? Michael Chabon, Franzen, McEwan, Bender, Bock. Gosh, there are almost too many. We'd need a few kegs. :)
spring

Post by spring »

I would love to meet Danielle Steel and have something to drink at least ...maybe a dinner , too since I have so many questions for her .
Another author I dream to have a drink with is Michael Cunningham.

Return to “Discuss Authors”