Which author do you want to have a beer with?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
CameoS3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34

Re: Which author do you want to have a beer with?

Post by CameoS3 »

Alex Sanchez would be the most amazing person to just sit and talk to. I've read all I've his books. When I was younger his books ( mostly about gay boys) helped me come out to my family and friends. His books actually show the difficulty gay people go through
euniceanne
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by euniceanne »

I have several favorite authors but the author I would like to have a beer with is definitely John Green. Why? He’s an expert of giving readers the satisfaction by means of plot twists and unexpected endings. I would like to experience a chat with him.
BookHausJ
Currently Reading: Health Tips Myth and Tricks
Bookshelf Size: 667
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookhausj.html
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs

Post by BookHausJ »

Robert Kiyosaki and Tony Robbins perhaps. I like these two guys. They walk the talk. Also I like Nick Vujicic if given a chance to beer with. Though I don't drink beer and wine, but for these Authors maybe this is the first time.
Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs
WiseWolf90

Post by WiseWolf90 »

It propably wouldn't be beer but be wine instead
120% it would be lynsay Sands and laurell k. Hamilton
jenjayfromSA
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenjayfromsa.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jenjayfromSA »

Alas, it would have to be done in the hereafter. Anne McCaffrey and Diana Wynne Jones. Both had such amazing imaginations and made their characters so real. I only wish they could blow their magic dust over me.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

For me, it would have to be J.K Rowling. She was a big part of my childhood. I must have reread each Harry Potter book like no less than 5 times. And following her on twitter, I have seen just how clever and funny she is. I would just love to bask in her essence! lol
fergie
Currently Reading: Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie.html
Latest Review: "Diary of a Snoopy Cat" by R.F. Kristi

Post by fergie »

Chuck Palahnuik, but I'd be a bit scared that he may be as crazy in real life as his books make out!
fergie
Currently Reading: Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie.html

Post by fergie »

Also, any of the Beat poets. I'd love to hang around cafe Vesuvio in the 1950s, slugging a beer and listening in.
kazira antonnette
Currently Reading: The Engine Woman's Light
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by kazira antonnette »

for me, the resent author who caught my attention is LOU DEL BIANCO.his love for nature just fascinates me
airwoman311
Currently Reading: Gates to Tangier
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-airwoman311.html
Latest Review: Who Told You That You Were Naked? by William Combs

Post by airwoman311 »

I'd nearly kill to have a couple bottles of wine with Juliet Marillier. Her books are so well-written and the stories she weaves are intense and incredibly unique. I bet she'd be fun to drink with! I first found her book Daughter of the Forest sitting by itself in a pile of random books at this little hole in the wall book store in Monterey, CA. That was 16 years ago, and she's never been knocked out of my top five.
Whippet
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-whippet.html
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi

Post by Whippet »

Daniel Handler. When you read his interviews you get the sense that he's very cultured and interested in the world, so why not shout such a writer a drink and talk about whatever comes up? Has to be fascinating given the intrigue in everything he writes!
Latest Review: "Bleeding Gull - look, feel, fly" by Raed Anis Aljishi
scrollworm
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scrollworm.html

Post by scrollworm »

Ryu Murakami.

I am not a big fan of thriller novels with a lot of gore but I find his books intriguing, making me want to read more of his works. You know the feeling of picking up a book, reading it cover to cover and only to finish the book and say "What the hell did I just read?" Then you browse the internet to search for more of the author's books?

I want to have a beer with him and ask him how he came up with those ideas. What was he thinking when he wrote about a bunch of unemployed young adults who thought bombing the entire city of Tokyo would get rid of their enemies who happen to be a club of women with the same name?

This dude is a complete mystery but his stories are making it to the shelves of thousands, probably millions, of thriller fans all over the world - including me.
rhavengirl13

Post by rhavengirl13 »

I would gladly have a beer with two of my favorite authors, and that is Ms. Nora Roberts and Debbie Macomber. With these two, it felt like I can express my emotions and they will not back away with what I have to say. I have collected most of the works of Ms. Nora Roberts and all of them are very compelling. I like the way she express feminism with her works. With Ms. Debbie Macomber, well actually both Ms. Nora and Debbie, they always evolve their stories from a family. I like the way they illustrate how a family should be with each other and it they never fail to touch me deep within with their works. Salute to this two! :tiphat:
The Canadian Witch
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 1329">Blue Haven</a>
Currently Reading: Out of Darkness
Bookshelf Size: 322

Post by The Canadian Witch »

Probably Olivia Cunning, So that i can pick her mind about how she comes up with all these naughty stories hehe
uyky
Favorite Author: Charles de Lint
Currently Reading: Tapping the Dream Tree
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uyky.html
Latest Review: Becoming the Dragon by Alex Sapegin
fav_author_id: 6861

Post by uyky »

I have to say Tolkien. His writing stile is amazing and I think I would enjoy talking about his view of the world.

Return to “Discuss Authors”