Author's Entire Collection

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Booky_BettyC
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 55482">Hex Hall</a>
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-booky-bettyc.html
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel

Re: Author's Entire Collection

Post by Booky_BettyC »

I'm really into series at the moment, so getting around to reading Lisa Jacksons' novels will have to wait. I think most are stand alone. I have read a few of her books in the past and have never been disappointed. I'm buying a few here and there so I have most of them when I want to do a marathon read!
Latest Review: "Undead Redhead" by Jen Frankel
bmontenegro
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by bmontenegro »

I've currently read everything by Ellen Hopkins, Kim Holden, Sarah Dessen and Colleen Hoover (probably more that I'm forgetting about). I'm working on my Jonathan Kellerman collection and plan to start his Alex Delaware series from the beginning. I've read almost all of them released thus far, but never in order.
karyn3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karyn3.html

Post by karyn3 »

At one point in my life, I had read all the Stephen King (he has since come out with new books which I have not read). I have read all the Nicholas Sparks, I have read all the Beverly Lewis books, and I have read all the Linda Castillo books. These last three I preorder their books when I hear a new one will come out. And, I think I have read all the Judy Blume books, including her new one.
Lauraf101
Currently Reading: The Search

Post by Lauraf101 »

I love to search library book sales, garage sales, used bookstores and thrift stores for books to add to my collection. I prefer used books over new books. It's something about the smell! I have been collecting books for over ten years now, ever since I was 17 years old and got my first apartment. There are quite a few authors I am well on my way to owning the complete set of their books: VC Andrews, John Grisham, Patricia Cornwell, Iris Johansen, John Sandford and Danielle Steel. Those are the ones I have been collecting for over ten years now. My teenage stepkids have recently introduced me to dystopian novels. So now I have started collecting JK Rowling, Richelle Mead, Veronica Roth and Karly Kirkpatrick.
Jseegs87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jseegs87.html

Post by Jseegs87 »

I'm a good way through Twain as well as Steinbeck. I'd like to read all of CS Lewis as well, the problem is I can't help re-reading my favorites of his!
Cowgirl888
Currently Reading: The 13th Demon
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cowgirl888.html

Post by Cowgirl888 »

I have several I'm working on and they would be Mary Higgins Clark, Terri Blackstock, J.D. Robb, Patricia Cornwell and Lisa Jackson. Oh can't forget James Patterson.
Insightsintobooks
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks.html
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks »

I want to read everything by Sonia Coquette as well as Charles Dickens and Edgar Allen Poe.
Latest Review: "Gates to Tangier" by Mois Benarroch
sakini
Currently Reading: The Happiness Project
Bookshelf Size: 33

Post by sakini »

I have four authors that I constantly return to when I want something familiar yet new. Neil Gaiman is my go-to author when I don't have idea of what I want to read. He has a wide range of fiction and short stories that I am working through. Haruki Murakami is another author that I am reading, especially if I want something on the slightly strange side. Kazuo Ishiguro is the third author that I am trying to read all of his works. All of the ones that I have read are thoughtful and engaging. I almost forgot about Octavia Butler. She has some of the most interesting science fiction from the perspective a black character, which is uncommon in science fiction.
dhwanis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhwanis.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by dhwanis »

J. K. Rowling..I love her writing style..she brings even the most mundane story to life the way she writes.
Mark Johnson
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mark-johnson.html
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner

Post by Mark Johnson »

I would eventually love to read all the works of Ray Bradbury.
Latest Review: "USA, Inc." by Larry Kahaner
jessdingus
Currently Reading: Something Like Voodoo
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessdingus.html

Post by jessdingus »

I want to read everything by Patricia Briggs. Her Mercy Thompson series really speaks to me. If I could be any character from a book it would be Mercy Thompson!
Brea_21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brea-21.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Brea_21 »

There are two authors that I absolutely love, Jodi Picoult and Gillian Flynn. I have all of Jodi Picoult's books and have read over half of them. She is a great writer that touches on multiple topics!! Her books are not predictable and sometimes include touchy subjects. She is not afraid to get out there and talk about things most people wouldn't! Gillian Flynn is a psychological thriller writer who thinks outside the box! She keeps the reader entertained until the very end! There are always plot twists and never predictable! I own all her books as well! I love both these authors!
AliceofX
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 361
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aliceofx.html
Latest Review: The Demon of Decay by Alex C. Gates
Reading Device: B00ICPVSYC

Post by AliceofX »

Gillian Flynn. So far she has only three published books and they all have pushed on my buttons. Other than Jane Austen, she's the only author who's entire work I've read.
Taresh Bansal

Post by Taresh Bansal »

Nicholas sparks
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 686
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

fifthmayfly wrote:Richard Preston, Michael Crichton, and Sarah Dessen, just to name a few. I recently learned that Crichton wrote under pseudonyms, so I have even more to read-yay!
I have also read most of Michael Crichton's books and intend to finish the whole lot. Too bad he died early. He wrote under several pseudonyms too but I found just the one by Jeffery Hudson entitled A Case of Need. This book won an Edgar.

Return to “Discuss Authors”