R. A. Salvatore

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
AndrewCollar
Favorite Author: R.A. Salvatore
Favorite Book: The Sea of Swords
Currently Reading: Invasion Cycle Book 1
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-andrewcollar.html

R. A. Salvatore

Post by AndrewCollar »

I know I have mentioned this author before in other forums and is listed as my favorite author on my profile. Regardless, who else shares my interest with this author and believes his trilogies are addictive and intriguing?
Penny Lee
Favorite Author: R. A. Salvatore
Favorite Book: The Count of Monte Cristo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 485
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-penny-lee.html
Latest Review: The Pirate Who Was Scared of Birds by Michelle Path
fav_author_id: 8463

Post by Penny Lee »

A great author and an amazing series of books! Highly recommended, particularly The Icewind Dale trilogy, The Dark Elf trilogy, and (more recently) The Sundering, which I am currently reading.
derban
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by derban »

I love his books.
Vscholz
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
Bookshelf Size: 816
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vscholz.html
Latest Review: Primrose’s Curse by Kiara Shankar, Vinay Shankar
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Vscholz »

I have not read his books but many many many people have recommended the Drizzt series. I used to work in a bookstore and that series was probably one of the most popular ones in the fantasy/science-fiction section (along with the Night Angel trilogy, Wheel of Time, and A Song of Fire & Ice... I'll never forget spending five years checking the date for A Dance with Dragons).
As for you & your heart & the things you said & didn't say, she will remember them all when men are fairy tales in books written by rabbits. (Schmendrick the Magician)
Jude Austin
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jude-austin.html
Latest Review: The Palm Reader by Christopher Bowron

Post by Jude Austin »

I love his books, but it's been a while since I read them. The best for me was the Icewind Dale trilogy, and anything at all featuring Jarlaxle :D
SunVixen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 110
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunvixen.html
Latest Review: Tau Ceti: A Ship from Earth by George T. Hahn

Post by SunVixen »

I read his books about Drizzt, and I liked them very much as a child. I was definitely a fan of Robert Salvatore! Once I even tried to write fan fiction.
Then he began to write more and more books, and I was just confused about the characters who were dying, then coming back to life. Also, the plots of the books have become almost the same.
I still like Dark Elf and The Legacy of the Drow trilogies. I recommend these books to everyone.
Erin Painter Baker
Favorite Book: Among Others
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esp1975.html
Latest Review: Luke and Luka: Genius Kid Heroes by A.D. Largie

Post by Erin Painter Baker »

It's been a long time since I've read anything from the Forgotten Realms books. But Salvatore did a trilogy with his son not too long ago that my daughter really enjoyed.
But my favorite thing about Salvatore is that he's a really nice guy. One of my friends used to work in publishing at WotC and worked very closely him. He remains one of her favorite authors.
slj3988
Currently Reading: Lord of the rings
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slj3988.html
Latest Review: Learn to Love: Guide to Healing Your Disappointing Love Life by Thomas Jordan, Ph.D.

Post by slj3988 »

I am thinking of checking out his stuff. Anyone recommend a good place to start?
Tavaiel26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tavaiel26.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Tavaiel26 »

slj3988 wrote: 21 Dec 2019, 14:51 I am thinking of checking out his stuff. Anyone recommend a good place to start?
In my opinion, Drizzt's saga is as good a place to start as any. I really enjoyed his adventures back when I was more into D&D-themed fiction.
edztan15
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edztan15.html
Latest Review: Sex Business Tokyo by Alta Eva Bourne

Post by edztan15 »

I'm still preparing emotionally to start off his Drizzt series but I must say that I love his Demon Wars saga.

Return to “Discuss Authors”