nicholas sparks

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Winter
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-winter.html
Latest Review: "The 30-Day Writing Challenge" by Sara Crawford

Re: nicholas sparks

Post by Winter »

The Rescue is the only Nicholas Sparks book I've read. It was ok. It took me forever to read because I thought it was a little slow, but I liked it well enough. I'm glad I read that book instead of one of his others, like Dear John. I saw the movie of that one, and that was definitely sufficient. Not that it was bad, but just a downer. I'm pretty picky when it comes to sad books.
Latest Review: "The 30-Day Writing Challenge" by Sara Crawford
readinginreview4
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readinginreview4.html

Post by readinginreview4 »

I thin he's the best romance novelist out there! I think his wife is lucky to have him! I think men are just as equipped as women to write romance. His aren't cheesy at all which I love and they're incredibly realistic. He's one of my favorite authors. I usually don't like romance, but I read him!
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

Nicholas sparks books are all about emotion, and if you are not the type for emotions then these books are not for you.

I however, love his books. And I always keep a box of tissues handy when I read one.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
Mbenner
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenner.html

Post by Mbenner »

Winter wrote:The Rescue is the only Nicholas Sparks book I've read. It was ok. It took me forever to read because I thought it was a little slow, but I liked it well enough. I'm glad I read that book instead of one of his others, like Dear John. I saw the movie of that one, and that was definitely sufficient. Not that it was bad, but just a downer. I'm pretty picky when it comes to sad books.

Dear john the movie is nothing like Dear John the book! The endings are very different.

That's one thing about Nicholas Sparks i don't like is that his movies with the exception of The Notebook are different then the books. I love reading Sparks books I would recommend just finding one his books and reading it.
I found him on accident. I'm male so i don't normally read romance books but i saw the lucky One was a bout a Marine!
So I picked it up and read it,loved it, and now I have read most of Nicholas Sparks books. So to those that have seen his movies but have not read any of his books please go out and just pick one you'll love it!
stoppoppingtheP
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Favorite Book: The Hand of Fatima
Currently Reading: High Low In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stoppoppingthep.html
Latest Review: If I Only Knew by Kim Simmons
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by stoppoppingtheP »

Mbenner wrote:

That's one thing about Nicholas Sparks i don't like is that his movies with the exception of The Notebook are different then the books. I love reading Sparks books I would recommend just finding one his books and reading it.
I found him on accident. I'm male so i don't normally read romance books but i saw the lucky One was a bout a Marine!
So I picked it up and read it,loved it, and now I have read most of Nicholas Sparks books. So to those that have seen his movies but have not read any of his books please go out and just pick one you'll love it!
I've always wondered about males and their opinion on romance books. Do they secretly enjoy them yet don't let on, or does it just not generally appeal to them.

“there have been so many times
i have seen a man wanting to weep
but
instead
beat his heart until it was unconscious.

-masculine”

― Nayyirah Waheed
mmandy38
Favorite Author: Nicholas Sparks
Currently Reading: The Zookeeper's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmandy38.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0
fav_author_id: 2460

Post by mmandy38 »

I love Nicholas Sparks and all of his books that I have read so far. He has a unique way of bringing you int the story at the beginning and keeping your attention throughout the entire story. I love the fact that he is a man writing romance because it adds the extra bit of emotional into it. I feel like the fact that he is a man makes it more of a tender thing.
Ktrenee56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ktrenee56.html

Post by Ktrenee56 »

He does a fantastic job making his characters have realistic feelings that you can relate to. His books get quite sad sometimes but they are well written.
youngs90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngs90.html

Post by youngs90 »

I love his books. They make for great movies also. As for a man writing romance novels. I think it is great because you can get a different point of view. I have not read his most recent book but it is on my list of things to do. I have a lot of reading to do on my list.
kratika

Post by kratika »

one can start with "The Notebook". this book shows that young love is just not attraction but it grows and do not end with time or distance.
jonre+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jonre.html

Post by jonre+ »

I guess I'm in the minority, I havent been able to finish a Nicholas Sparks book. I love romance but just can't seem to get into his books. I do agree that male authors can write romance very well.
Monkeyface23

Post by Monkeyface23 »

I love Nicholas Sparks. I agree that all his books are similar but I like that. There's a rhythm to his writing and stories that I find it comforting. This can be said about most of my favorite authors. I mix it up by reading different genres/authors. I never read two books by the same author (or genre) back to back. My favorite Nicholas Sparks is "The Rescue." The movies are good, but are like cliff notes.
Shara_davis
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shara-davis.html

Post by Shara_davis »

I do enjoy reading Nicholas sparks books. They have a good flow and are easy to understand. All of his books either contain the love story you wish you had or the love story you can relate too. The only issue I have with his books are that it is easy to guess which direction the characters are heading. There are not a lot of surprises. Overall, they are worth reading. I would suggest the notebook for a story of the ultimate love. I would follow this by "The Wedding" which is a love story many of us can relate too.
Lilianar_
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilianar.html

Post by Lilianar_ »

He is by far one of history's best well written romance novelist. He captures you in with his heart quenching stories and shows you that's love can come in so many forms from friends, family, to even partners. I love his writing.
Kellie123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kellie123.html

Post by Kellie123 »

I've always been a sucker for Nicholas Sparks novels. I find it refreshing that these beautiful stories come from a man. It shows you that not just woman can write romance novels. He's also able to convey emotion extremely well and that's what makes his books so dang good.
schnuze

Post by schnuze »

Love the movie to 'A Walk to Remember'. In fact, I love all of his books. But to be honest, the more I read of him, the more I got the feeling that he constructs his books all in a very similar way. They're good and they made me cry, but somehow they all feel the same. I Can't really explain it.

Return to “Discuss Authors”