Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews
If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 10 Jan 2018, 19:16
- Bookshelf Size: 0
It is very clever the way the writer takes you very nicely from chapter 1 until the dramatic and quite unexpected ending. You can't help falling for Lord Spaulding. The writer gives you hints of his personality and demeanor, and the character grows into you without becoming aware until it has finally hooked you.
I really like Ms. Foster's writing style, which is not cumbersome, on the contrary, it is quite nimble. Not only do her words just flow nicely but also she is capable of giving you such precise descriptions of rather difficult episodes (like chapter 5), with scenes that are so fast-paced, dynamic and dramatic, that you really feel like you are right there in the middle of the battles. Really awesome!
I also like the fact that she takes the time to give you enough descriptions of each character so that you feel like you know them. Ms. Foster is really skillful in this, and above all her imagination, wow! how she thought about all the intricacies of the plots. Indeed, great book.
Overall, it is a great book and I truly recommend it. It is full of emotion, mystery, adventure, great characters, elves, castles, magic, human emotions all intertwined in a most delightful way.
Great book, Ms. Foster! Can't wait to read the next one.
- E G Suth
- Posts: 31
- Joined: 10 Jan 2018, 17:35
- 2018 Reading Goal: 30
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 13
- Currently Reading: The shock of the fall
- Bookshelf Size: 118
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-e-g-suth.html
- Latest Review: Aluria by Tyler Cook
- Posts: 96
- Joined: 28 Mar 2018, 06:23
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 12
- Currently Reading: A Song of Ice and Fire
- Bookshelf Size: 168
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscar6.html
- Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 07 Apr 2018, 23:18
- 2018 Reading Goal: 30
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 70
- 2017 Reading Goal: 0
- Currently Reading: The Name of the Wind
- Bookshelf Size: 25
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 19 Oct 2017, 03:26
- 2018 Reading Goal: 60
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 63
- Currently Reading: The Black Witch
- Bookshelf Size: 55
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
- Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
- Posts: 20
- Joined: 05 Apr 2018, 17:54
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 7
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stacy-morgan.html
- Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base