Young adult authors?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
thegiltyone
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thegiltyone.html
Latest Review: "Life Ain't A Fairy Tale" by Miguel Rivera

Young adult authors?

Post by thegiltyone »

My favorite books to read are young adult novels; I hope to work with them, publishing, writing, editing, anything. I don't see much reference to them here, and I was wondering if there's anyone else who loves them? The genre is growing exponentially.
Latest Review: "Life Ain't A Fairy Tale" by Miguel Rivera
britt1125
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-britt1125.html
Latest Review: "I am Ella. Buy me." by Joan Ellis

Post by britt1125 »

I read them more than I do most adult books. I'm 25 and most of my friends are younger than me. I find they tend to have more books that I enjoy than the adult book section. They also don't have all the sex that seem to pop up every where now days.
Latest Review: "I am Ella. Buy me." by Joan Ellis
Henley18
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Henley18 »

I am 28 years old and I like to read young adult novels. They tend to have a good love story since I feel like most are written for teenage girls. I do love a good love story. My favorite young adult authors are Maggie Steifvater, Cassandra Clare, Richelle Mead (although she has a few adult series as well and I think they are pretty great too), and Suzanne Collins.
Anxious Educator
Favorite Author: James Herriot
Favorite Book: The Little Prince
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anxious-educator.html
Latest Review: "Tea and Primroses" by Tess Thompson
fav_author_id: 10107

Post by Anxious Educator »

Ooo, me! I love young adult books. I'm a recently-certified English/social studies teacher, so I make a point to read a lot of what my kiddos are reading. There are reviews and discussions of YA books scattered throughout the forums, it seems, but they are rather sparse from what I can tell. YA-lovers unite!
Latest Review: "Tea and Primroses" by Tess Thompson
bookninja345
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookninja345.html

Post by bookninja345 »

I love young adult books, especially contemporary fiction. This genre is getting quite popular nowadays with authors like John Green, David Levithan and Markus Zusak topping the bestseller's list. I am seventeen years old so I guess I do fit in this 'young adult stereotype' however I think that there is no age range for books; if you like it, you should read it!
InconstantMoon
Favorite Author: Meg Cabot
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-inconstantmoon.html
fav_author_id: 2593

Post by InconstantMoon »

I am a huge fan of Young Adult novels. I think it's a myth that they are only for teens. There are some great things to be learned from such novels!
jenbel
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jenbel.html
Latest Review: "Greenhill" by Gary Cann

Post by jenbel »

Young adult lit is my favorite and I'm nowhere near being a teenager. I am an educator/librarian always looking to recommend a book to a student so I read a lot of teen lit. I've actually grown to prefer it because, for obvious reasons, the plot line moves quicker then a regular novel.
Latest Review: "Greenhill" by Gary Cann
bourellenapier3

Post by bourellenapier3 »

I think Young Adult novels are so interesting. They fall into such a comfortable category. Adult novels tend to be serious and very mature, where as Juvenile books are childlike. Young Adult gives you the chance to explore something young and fresh but is still mature enough for older readers to enjoy. I love both reading and writing in this genre. I work at my town library so I am able to keep up with everything new and old in YA. It serves as great inspiration and guidance into my own YA writing.
LiteBrowneSugar

Post by LiteBrowneSugar »

I myself love reading young adult books, and I am nowhere near being young! I own every single book in the sweep series by Cate Tiernan. I could not put them down! It's also nice to have a book series I can talk about and discuss with my 15 year old daughter. She also recommends books for me, so it works out very well!
H0LD0Nthere
Favorite Book: Til We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-h0ld0nthere.html
Latest Review: "Adventures in space & fiction fantasy" by Robin G Howard

Post by H0LD0Nthere »

I like Lois Lowry.
Latest Review: "Adventures in space & fiction fantasy" by Robin G Howard
XxMonsterLoverxX
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xxmonsterloverxx.html

Post by XxMonsterLoverxX »

I absolutely love Ya fiction. As a Young Adult book reviewer, I tend to read more Ya than the average person. I can't seem to get enough of it. Some Authors I particularily love, are John Green, Ellen Hopkins, and Holly Hook.
mbeasley
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbeasley.html
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by mbeasley »

I just turned 25 and still love Young Adult novels. I would love to actually write one at some point. I don't think I will ever outgrow them.
SlightlyNikki
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slightlynikki.html

Post by SlightlyNikki »

Young adults is my favourite. Sometimes the enginuity in them is amazing. I try and stay in the paranormal at the moment as I've taken a keen interest in it. Then again I've always liked them.young adult is perfect for these but I recently read the 10th vampire diaries and was so utterly bored I tried to finish it as quickly as possible.
Bibliophile97
Favorite Author: Garth Nix
Favorite Book: So so many. . .
Currently Reading: 80 A.D. The Tekhan of Anuket
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophile97.html
fav_author_id: 4351

Post by Bibliophile97 »

Young adult is my favorite as well, though I haven't really delved into Adult yet. There just seems to be more variety and more imagination in Young adult and childrens books. I plan on writing one this summer actually.
amber200419
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amber200419.html

Post by amber200419 »

I prefer young adult novels I understand them better and they draw me in.

Return to “Discuss Authors”