Young adult authors?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
tamarah
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Young adult authors?

Post by tamarah »

I really enjoy reading young adult books. My favorite authors in the young adult category is Melody Carlson. I love how she dives into current topics that young adults, and sometimes even older adults, are dealing with in a true and honest way that's consistent with my morals and beliefs. She has such a huge variety of books published, and I can always find another one that I want to read!
Mariami
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariami.html
Latest Review: "The Imperium Collection" by Gareth Torrance

Post by Mariami »

When it comes to Young Adult, I'm always in for a ride, especially fantasy books; one of my favorite authors is Sarah J Maas (the Throne of Glass Series).
Latest Review: "The Imperium Collection" by Gareth Torrance
WinterSugar3

Post by WinterSugar3 »

I also prefer young adult novels, they bring out my imagination and creativity.
Megz
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-megz.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose

Post by Megz »

I find myself drawn into young adult book more than adult books because they do not have so much sexual content in them. I love getting caught up in the adventures of the characters.
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom" by Victor Rose
BridgetteGrace_
Currently Reading: The darkest part of the forest
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bridgettegrace.html

Post by BridgetteGrace_ »

I love young adult books, I tend to go more in that direction when I am picking out books. Some of my favorite authors are Kelly Elliott, Maggie Stiefvater, Sarah Dessen, and M. Leighton. I feel connected to the characters more, young adult is one of my favorites to do book reviews on.
Matti
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matti.html
Latest Review: "Wonders That We See: A Poetry Collection" by Crystal Harrell

Post by Matti »

Young adult novels for me are more of a guilty pleasure than anything else. They often have so many twists of fate that I find them a little silly at times, though I think the medium has a lot to offer up as far as social context is concerned.
Latest Review: "Wonders That We See: A Poetry Collection" by Crystal Harrell
Ash22
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ash22.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Ash22 »

I love reading young adult books I am 23 and I read them more than adult books lol my favorite author is Ellen Hopkins anytime she has a new book out I have to read it

-- 04 Mar 2016, 17:13 --

:D I love young adult books one of my favorite authors is Ellen Hopkins I am 23 about to be 24 and I prefer to read young adult books over adult books :) my room is full of them ha ha
jstrem15
Currently Reading: Six Months
Bookshelf Size: 157
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jstrem15.html

Post by jstrem15 »

I also love the young adult genre. I primarily interested in the dystopian society books, that happen to be trending right now. These books tend to be action packed without the primary focus being the couple's sexual exploits. I would say my favorite books within this genre are The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins, The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth (although not a fan of the last book), The Selection Series by Kiera Cass, and The Testing Series by Joelle Charbonneau.

Sincerely,
Jessica
TanviRaina
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tanviraina.html

Post by TanviRaina »

It is an exciting genre if you are ready to explore 'the dirty' mind of yours.. Some people get surprised because what they expect is A guy in a shining armour and Romantic stuff, But hello..This is so much better than romance..! Its like a hot guy on the cover page with a sculpted jaw and lean hips and a yummy bod and crazy voice with this hot chick and amazing dialogues and a bit of sassy thrown in and a drama and BINGO!! ;) <3 :D
kaylee16tw
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaylee16tw.html
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas

Post by kaylee16tw »

One of my favorite suoernatural young adult authors has to be L.J. Smith. The characters don't possess that much depth, but they're definitely not shallow and you can clearly see each character's own growth as the story progresses. I've always found her style to be unique and captivating.

-- 24 Mar 2016, 20:07 --

One of my favorite suoernatural young adult authors has to be L.J. Smith. The characters don't possess that much depth, but they're definitely not shallow and you can clearly see each character's own growth as the story progresses. I've always found her style to be unique and captivating.
Latest Review: "Heaven and Earth" by Arturo Riojas
Carrie1861
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carrie1861.html

Post by Carrie1861 »

I read mainly young adult novels :P
ashann
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashann.html

Post by ashann »

My favourite author would have to be Tamora Pierce. I also enjoyed Maria V Snyder, and Garth Nix.

I first read Tamora Pierce at about the age of 12. Her strong willed and independent female characters are very 'real' and really helped me as a pre-teen with all my pre-teen in modern society issues.

I read and re-read her song of the lioness quartet obsessively!
GirlWithAnInkHeart
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by GirlWithAnInkHeart »

Cornelia Funke - The Ink Heart trilogy
B. Kristin McMichael - Chalcedony chronicles
Suzanne Collins - The Hunger Games trilogy
Veronica Roth - Divergent series

All brilliant authors and great reads :D I highly recommend these books :D
moorhora
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moorhora.html

Post by moorhora »

The YA genre is my personal favorite. I enjoy the more innocent approach to love and relationships that authors like Jennifer Armentrout and Sherrilyn Kenyon employ in this genre as opposed to their popular romance novels. The relationships are intense, and have a greater build up to the physical and use far less explicit imagery than their adult targeted reciprocals. This doesn't diminish from the choices and angst the characters experience but rather enhance it.
CLRogers90
Currently Reading: Catch-22
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clrogers90.html
Latest Review: "A Bullet for Love" by Mohammad Bakhtiar

Post by CLRogers90 »

I used to read Young Adult novels much more actively than I have lately. After reading the Divergent series I feel like I became a little jaded with the Young Adult genre. I will probably slowly make my way back to them, but only after we have had some time apart.
Latest Review: "A Bullet for Love" by Mohammad Bakhtiar

Return to “Discuss Authors”