Patrick Rothfuss

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
master_little
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-master-little.html

Re: Patrick Rothfuss

Post by master_little »

Completely agree..
** I'm patiently (not so patiently) waiting for Doors of Stone to come out. I'm hoping soon because I need to know how Kvothe's story ends! **
As Gandalf would say, its not the end. Just the start of a new beginning. ;)
Jhirsch1230
Currently Reading: Endymion
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jhirsch1230.html
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare

Post by Jhirsch1230 »

Without a doubt, the best fantasy series written in the 21st century. I see a lot of people posting about their frustration with the delays between books. I understand, but I so respect Rothfuss for not rushing to put out an inferior book. The series has the potential to be one of the best fantasy trilogies of all time if book 3'lives up to expectations.
Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
Nick Rones
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nick-rones.html
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar

Post by Nick Rones »

MRosalina wrote:Of course! For me, it's one of the best epic series since Lord of the Rings, and it was so fresh compared to a lot of the current fantasy series. I really loved the Name of the Wind; the feel of it reminded me of Ursula Le Guin.
Name of the Wind is also a all time favorite of mine.
Latest Review: "Border Post 99" by Kedar Patankar
PlanetHauth
Currently Reading: Celebrity
Bookshelf Size: 766
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-planethauth.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by PlanetHauth »

I've greatly enjoyed Rothfuss' series. I did not like, and did not finish, The Slow Regard of Silent Things. It was weird, which is accurate for that character it's about. However, here we are in 2018 and still waiting on the third book! He's starting to enter G.R.R. Martin territory, in my opinion, which is a shame. I read an article where he said that The Kingkiller Chronicles are merely a prologue and that he'll be writing more books within the universe, so that's exciting, but disheartening at the same time. If it's taking him this long to finish this trilogy, how long will it be until we get more from this universe?
“Don’t adventures ever have an end? I suppose not. Someone else always has to carry on the story.”
-Bilbo Baggins

Return to “Discuss Authors”