Dan Brown

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Adonis Maratos
Favorite Author: Terry Pratchett
Favorite Book: thief of time
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adonis-maratos.html
Latest Review: "All myths and facts about Sri Ganesh" by Raja Bhowmik
fav_author_id: 2791

Re: Dan Brown

Post by Adonis Maratos »

michael_smith wrote:I have definitely enjoyed all of the Dan brown books that I have read, but I would definitely say that I enjoyed Inferno the best. It just seems like his writing keeps getting better and better. I could barely put Inferno down.
I've been wanting to read inferno since it came out but I have the misfortune to live in Warsaw Poland and even though I find many books in English I can not, for the life of me, find Inferno in English :(
"We are what we repeatedly do, excellence; therefore is not an act, but a habit" - Aristotle
Latest Review: "All myths and facts about Sri Ganesh" by Raja Bhowmik
katiedid659
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katiedid659.html

Post by katiedid659 »

I haven't read a Dan Brown book that I didn't like yet. Hard to say which one is my favorite, they all were at the time that I read them. Da Vinci Code is the only one I've read twice. I like the style that he writes and it translates well to the movies. I look forward to seeing Deception Point and Inferno at the movies. I hope they get made into one soon, it would be a good way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
samuyama
Favorite Author: Orson Scott Card
Favorite Book: Enders Game
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samuyama.html
Latest Review: "Cardamom Days" by Derek Darke
fav_author_id: 2667

Post by samuyama »

I've read all of Dan Brown's books, and even though it's cliche I have to say Da Vinci Code. Every book he writes he includes some kind of major plot twist. DVC being my first book by him, it knocked my socks off. By the time I read Inferno it was expected.

-- 24 Feb 2014, 20:22 --

But Digital Fortress was really cool too!
Latest Review: "Cardamom Days" by Derek Darke
JeffinerRosie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeffinerrosie.html

Post by JeffinerRosie »

I don't think I can pick really, but Inferno impacted me the most, it really made me consider how I view the world.
TaylorH

Post by TaylorH »

Decption Point is my favorite. It was the first Dan Brown book I read. I had seen the movies, but this was the first I read. I loved it and it got me hooked. Nothing so far has been better for me.
davidvan1973
Favorite Author: Isaac Asimov
fav_author_id: 2547

Post by davidvan1973 »

I liked his first two novels Deception Point and Digital Fortress. I do like his Langdon novels as well.
shinjiblue
Currently Reading: A Dance with Dragons
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shinjiblue.html
Latest Review: "The Stones of Judgment" by Deborah Wise

Post by shinjiblue »

I loved Angels and Demons as well as The Da Vinci Code and had high hopes for his other Langdon novels. Too high, it turns out. The Lost Symbol and Inferno were sadly disappointing.
Latest Review: "The Stones of Judgment" by Deborah Wise
ThosHowellBookReview
Favorite Author: Nora Roberts
Favorite Book: Black Hills
Currently Reading: Man and his Symbols by Carl Jung
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thoshowellbookreview.html
fav_author_id: 3258

Post by ThosHowellBookReview »

I like Dan Brown books for an exciting, quick read. The chapters are short and Brown always seems to end each chapter with a cliff hanger. This style makes his books real "page-turners" and has propelled him into the rarefied atmosphere of best selling authors of all time.
lizj97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lizj97.html

Post by lizj97 »

Gosh this is so hard to say. I just got done reading both "Inferno" and "Deception Point" and read "The DaVinci Code" and "Angels and Demons" some time ago and I have to say I was on the edge of my seat for all of them. I love the way he grips you right from the beginning, tantalizing you with only a few facts and then eventually unravelling the story to keep you enticed the whole way through. I read all of the books in two days a piece because I literally could not put them down. Dan Brown is awesome and from what I have read so far I would not hesitate to recommend any of his books to anyone who loves a good suspense novel.
elak02
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elak02.html

Post by elak02 »

I think Inferno has been his best book yet. I've enjoyed all of his books, but I wasn't as pleased with The Lost Symbol. I was glad to see that he really stepped it up for Inferno.
Dando
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dando.html
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann

Post by Dando »

I really enjoyed reading Angels and Demons and The Divinci Code in high school, but I just tried to read The Lost Symbol and couldn't get into it.
Latest Review: "The Broken Gift" by Daniel friedmann
Kitana

Post by Kitana »

I agree with your assessment on Dan Brown. He was my perfect page-turner novelist until Inferno. I loved the premise, but hated the lengthy 'tourism' routes that he interjected in the story; it killed the suspense and felt like a history lesson.
mbottoms1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbottoms1.html

Post by mbottoms1 »

Dan Brown is by far one of my favorite writers. He captures me with his use of explicit detail of places that I feel as though I am there with Robert Langdon. In that respect all of his books have captured me in that "can't put it down" moment. However, I would say that DaVinci Code has been the standard of his writing as far as plot progression. The others have not held as well to that standard.
sagarwal

Post by sagarwal »

I have read all the Dan Books. My all time favourite is Angels and Demons. Read it in two days. Waiting for more to come. :wink:
Levi
Favorite Author: S. Morgenstern ha ha
Favorite Book: Crik
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Bookshelf Size: 542
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-levi.html
Latest Review: "The Six and the Gardeners of Ialana" by Katlynn Brooke
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Levi »

I have only read Angels and Demons, but I must say that I loved it. Great story
Latest Review: "The Six and the Gardeners of Ialana" by Katlynn Brooke

Return to “Discuss Authors”