Your Favorite New Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
csimmons032
Favorite Author: Stephenie Meyer
Favorite Book: Twilight and The Last Song
Currently Reading: Bluewater Walkabout
Bookshelf Size: 706
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-csimmons032.html
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
fav_author_id: 2594

Re: Your Favorite New Author?

Post by csimmons032 »

I have just started reading Francine Rivers and I am really enjoying it. I plan to read a lot more of her books.
Latest Review: "Book Blueprint" by Jacqui Pretty
Melissa_B
Currently Reading: The Secret Place (Dublin Murder Squad)
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Melissa_B »

I read this book called A Brave Man Seven Storeys Tall by Will Chancellor recently. It talks about Owen Burr (an Olympian) and his father Joseph Burr (a professor). By an unexpected turn of fate, Owen's athletic career comes to a sudden end, and he decides to leave the country and try his luck at being an artist.

Really enjoyed the book and hence Will Chancellor's name here.
superbookgirl1989
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by superbookgirl1989 »

A unknown author named Steven Jeral Harris. I can't stop thinking about his book. It was amazing. Me and my friends have been digging, trying to find out more about the guy. We do know he has only written one book, and I read that one. It's called Untamed. This guy needs to be mainstream. So much talent. Sad...
tysonchristensen1
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by tysonchristensen1 »

my favorite new author is chris kyle he is one of the best snipers in american history, and so he wrote a book about it. I am not all the way done with it but so far it is the best book I have ever read. he writes about how the war was and where he went for war.
Emilytk25
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilytk25.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Emilytk25 »

My Favourite Author at the moment is Marie Force, before that was Nora Roberts.
ChrisCat+38

Post by ChrisCat+38 »

Mine is Ansel Elliott. His recent book Paradise is some good Christian fiction. I can't post the url since I'm new here but he's searchable on Amazon. The site is just his name if want to try it. His earlier nonfiction book Living with Fish People is a pretty good informative work too.
Bluedonutcentral
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluedonutcentral.html

Post by Bluedonutcentral »

The newest author (new to me that is) would be Jay Asher, I've only read one of his books but so far I like what I've read.
bibliophile14

Post by bibliophile14 »

STEPHANIE PERKINS! She has a magical, fairy dust sprinkled, talent.
spaceykasey717
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spaceykasey717.html

Post by spaceykasey717 »

I recently read all 5 of Tiffany Snow's Kathleen Turner books. In 4 days. I haven'y been that invested in a series in years. I loved the action and the suspense, all of the books were amazing.
kailieskye
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kailieskye.html

Post by kailieskye »

My favorite new author would have to be John Green. I know he is all about the cheesy teen stories but they way he writes them is just so unique. It's different. I've enjoyed everything he is wrote so far.
Jess__Marie

Post by Jess__Marie »

My favorite new author would be, without a doubt, Sarah J. Maas. Never have a read such incredible novels with characters like the ones she writes. Her style is so easy to read and yet so filling and satisfying to the reader. I have read all of the novels she has put out, and I have yet to be disappointed with any of her plot choices.

One thing I don't enjoy in a book is endless paragraphs describing any new setting introduced. While I understand the importance of creating the perfect image for the readers, I also believe in choosing the right way to depict any setting. I have found that Sarah does a fantastic job with world building, and I have not felt the overwhelming sense of run-on descriptions that I have with many other authors.

My favorite thing about Sarah and her writing is the way that she builds an entirely new world, with abstract morals and societies, without making it seem in any way thrown together and not completely thought through. I cannot tell you how many times I have read a book and thought, "That was pretty good, but sometimes the world just feels too made up." True, all the worlds we read about are entirely created and born from thought, but only the good stories make us feel like they are entirely and absolutely real.

Sarah is an amazing author, one of my absolute favorites. I would highly recommend you read any of her novels!
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

One of my favorite new authors is Randi Cooley Wilson, who wrote the paranormal romance Revelation Series. She did a create job creating a book that pulled me in and a world that I enjoy going back to every time I re-read the books. Her characters grow and develop, which I love in a series. She also is able to create humor, sadness, and love without bogging down the reader with too many details.
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
ridge715
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ridge715.html

Post by ridge715 »

My favorite new author is Amy Ewing. She is a YA author of The Jewel. A Dystopia novel. It was a faster read then my typical but it was good. I could not put it down. It's a trilogy. I have only read the 1st one but look forward to getting my hands on 2 and 3 as soon as I can.
jillianjones99

Post by jillianjones99 »

Mine would have to be Paula Hawkins. I really liked The Girl on the Train because the ending was a twist that I wasn't expecting.
aby johnson
Favorite Author: Matthew Tysz
Favorite Book: A Gentleman in Moscow
Currently Reading: A Gentleman in Moscow
Bookshelf Size: 243
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aby-johnson.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers
Reading Device: B07FQ4Q7MB
fav_author_id: 50532

Post by aby johnson »

My favourite new author will be Jo Nesbo. He's the author of Snowman which is a brilliant thriller novel. His writing style is awesome. Trying to read all his books. The harry hole series is a good start if you want to try him out.
Smile, for better days are yet to come :D

Return to “Discuss Authors”