Your Favorite New Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
EReid
Currently Reading: Dune Novel
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ereid.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Re: Your Favorite New Author?

Post by EReid »

Victoria Aveyard. I'm not much of a rereader, but I've read Red Queen about three times now.
I wish you a kinder sea --Emily Dickinson
63tty
Favorite Author: Tayma Tameem
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 349
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-63tty.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White
fav_author_id: 199293

Post by 63tty »

My newest favourite author is Matthew Tysz because of his current book that I'm reading.
“If love is the answer, could you rephrase the question?”
~Lily Tomlin
Vishnu Priya B
Currently Reading: The Unwanted Guest
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vishnu-priya-b.html
Latest Review: A Walk Through the Grapes by David Jackson

Post by Vishnu Priya B »

I love books by Jakayla Toney. She started out at Wattpad, a famous writing platform. One of her books (Hide and Seek) is now an interactive story in Chapters Interactive Games.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 598
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: All Body Bags and No Knickers by Shawe Ruckus

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

Recently I've read a novel by David Taylor Black, Guild, the first novel of the series and I'm truly impressed by his writing style. It's different in a way but intriguing and he manages to nail the suspense in his novel. He manages to take you from your favorite reading spot and place your right in the middle of his story. I just can't wait to read more.
Stephanie Kanu
Currently Reading: A dream for peace
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ladywhyte3.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by Stephanie Kanu »

My favorite new author is Michael Tieman. I've only read one of his books but i enjoyed it so much I read it again. I don't think his other works are as impressive though. I might be wrong.
Ashley Malia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley-malia.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ashley Malia »

I have a feeling that my new favorite author is Catherine McKenzie. I just finished reading her book I'll Never Tell. I am excited to start reading some of her other books. I am not only a fan of her writing/books, I look up to her in general. She practiced law for 20 years before becoming a full time author. As a person interested in criminal justice, I find her books enthralling. As I was reading I'll Never Tell, I was wondering if she has experienced any of the plot lines when she was practicing law. I appreciate her writing because she allows me to create my own possible solutions to the questions at hand. I just read an update about her that a few of her books have inspired thoughts of television series. Her new book Please Join Us comes out on May 24, in less than a week! I am so excited.
Michael Adam Glidden Forteski
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Parable of the Sower
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-adam-glidden-forteski.html
Latest Review: Mindful Screen Time by John and Kimberley Woods

Post by Michael Adam Glidden Forteski »

I have three favorite new authors. One is a bit more mainstream, Becky Chambers, while the other two are do not write in English. Natércia Pontes is a Brazilian who absolutely knocked me through a loop with her work "Os tais caquinhos" and Camila Sosa Villada is an Argentinian author.
Micah_4
Favorite Author: D.E. Carlson
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Bookshelf Size: 12
fav_author_id: 281166

Post by Micah_4 »

Mine is D.E. Carlson. She's an indie "romantasy" author and I really enjoyed her novel To Bind Fire. It had some good world-building, somewhat different from the classic "medieval Europe but to the left a bit," and the romance was very fun. I still laugh at the moment I remembered that the series uses the enemies-to-lovers troupe and exactly what that meant for the story. I doubt it will become a fantasy staple but it's still a pretty good read especially if you like dragons and reluctant heroes.

Return to “Discuss Authors”