Christian fiction authors

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
TheresaL
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresal.html

Re: Christian fiction authors

Post by TheresaL »

Grace Livingston Hill was a favorite in high school.
krystalanderson
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by krystalanderson »

Serena B Miller is a good one. She uses a historical setting.
Kathleen Morgan is fun, a lot of hers take place in Scotland.
Laura Frantz has several, too. I hope you have the chance to read some if you haven't already.
Denise16
Currently Reading: Somebody Love Me
Bookshelf Size: 23

Post by Denise16 »

There are a few I really enjoy like Grace Livingston Hill-The Enchanted Barn, the Strange Proposal and Miranda are my favorites. Michelle Sutton-It's not About Me, It's Not About Him, It's Not About Her- the Second Glances Series is awesome and Danger at the Door as well. Vickie McDonough, Jamie Carie, Margaret Daley and Unsigned Hype by Booker T. Mattison.
Sasha For
Currently Reading: The Haunted Bookshop
Bookshelf Size: 466
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sasha-for.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sasha For »

Frank Peretti's novel The Oath is one of my all time favorites. It even has dragons and a mystery plot! I also just realized that J.R.R. Tolkien was considered a Christian novelist and I love both the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Mac Lucado also does great work but I have only read his children's books which have a great story as well as amazing artistry.
Stephanie-Ann
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-ann.html

Post by Stephanie-Ann »

Thankfully this is an ever expanding arena and I am SO thankful! I have many now that I faithfully read, but I am constantly on the lookout for contemporary, uplifting and well written Christian fiction. Some of the authors I thoroughly enjoy are :

Melody Carlson
Angela Hunt
Karen Kingsbury
Tracie Peterson
Terri Blackstock - mystery
Kristin Billerbeck - what I call "chick lit" (humor, and I LOVE humor!)
Davis Bunn
Delia Parr
Mindy Starns Clark
Colleen Coble
Judy Baer
Erynn Mangum
Robert Whitlow

Oh gosh, I could go on and on. I actually have a typewritten list of about 150 Christian fiction authors I rotate through. Hit me up if you need ideas or suggestions!
Szablewskia
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-szablewskia.html

Post by Szablewskia »

I haven't really explored the Christian fiction genre as much as others, but I know of one author, Ted Dekker. I didn't start off reading any of his suspense novels. The first books I read by Ted Dekker were Red, White, and Black. They were intense and I didn't realize he was a Christian author and I am interested in reading them again to try and pick up on little details. The second time I read something by him it was the book House. It was incredibly suspenseful and intriguing. I was stoked to find out there was also a movie made based on the novel. The last book I read by him was The BoneMan'd Daughters. This was what I would call a psychological thriller. The BoneMan is obviously very unsettling and intense. I haven't read anything else by him, but I definitely will in the future.
Beth E Stevens

Post by Beth E Stevens »

Irene Hannon is good also suspense and mystery Christian writer. Dee Henderson is another one who is really good also. the O'Malley's was very good about a family of I think five who were raised in a home for children without parents and bonded together.
BlueJeans222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bluejeans222.html

Post by BlueJeans222 »

I love the christian author Krista McGee, as being a christian myself i find it refreshing to find a relateable christian character like the ones she creates. the situations she puts the character in are not stereotypical either and the characters often come out better Christians than before.
c_meagher
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c-meagher.html

Post by c_meagher »

It's like this post was written for me! I LOVE reading Christian fiction but so far have only read Karen Kingsbury. My Grandmother started giving me Karen Kingsbury novels as a Christmas gift each year when I was about 15. Every year I would get so excited to see what new book she was going to send. Since then I have sought out any Karen Kingsbury novel I can find at the local Goodwill. I haven't read any other Christian fiction authors, simply because I didn't know who to look for! I am sitting here with pen and paper jotting down authors' names to keep a look out for! Can't wait to expand my home library!
Kdonegan91
Favorite Author: Wanda E. Brunstetter
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 202">Never Cry Again</a>
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdonegan91.html
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
Reading Device: 1400699169
fav_author_id: 19883

Post by Kdonegan91 »

I am so glad I found this post! I love christian fiction or non-fiction books. I love Wanda brunstetters novels.. They are Amish based books though.

-- 25 Oct 2016, 20:47 --
c_meagher wrote:It's like this post was written for me! I LOVE reading Christian fiction but so far have only read Karen Kingsbury. My Grandmother started giving me Karen Kingsbury novels as a Christmas gift each year when I was about 15. Every year I would get so excited to see what new book she was going to send. Since then I have sought out any Karen Kingsbury novel I can find at the local Goodwill. I haven't read any other Christian fiction authors, simply because I didn't know who to look for! I am sitting here with pen and paper jotting down authors' names to keep a look out for! Can't wait to expand my home library!
I am doing the same thing!! So exciting to find a forum based around this genre. Yay!
When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change. - Wayne Dyer
Latest Review: "A Matter of Faith" by Duke Woodrick
ebeth
Currently Reading: The Color of Destiny
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebeth.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Reading Device: B0097BEFA4

Post by ebeth »

Lynn Austin is my favorite christian author
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
crw4bama

Post by crw4bama »

I have 2 Karen Kingsbury and Tracie Peterson
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

I found reading through this thread was very interesting! I have never read any Christian fiction, but reading this thread has given me some good ideas as to where to look. Thanks to all for the insight!
jessejaiden94
Currently Reading: shiva and dionysus
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessejaiden94.html

Post by jessejaiden94 »

Check out Anne rice and her books about Christ!
Not so much her other stuff though.
Although it's good, it's not christian.
Jvt-booklover
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jvt-booklover.html

Post by Jvt-booklover »

There are too many to pick from. Love Joel Rosenberg for thrillers. Love Randy Alcorn for heart change. Francine Rivers books are overall just amazing(Mark of the Lion was awesome). Janette Oke, Karen Kingsbury, and on and on.

Return to “Discuss Authors”