John Grisham

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
mrrsx2006
Bookshelf Size: 0

John Grisham

Post by mrrsx2006 »

He is one of my favorite authors. I can say I've read maybe about 5 books from him. Do you guys like him? What's your favorite book of his?
shinigami711

Post by shinigami711 »

yeah i like grisham too..

i'm reading the innocent man now..real page turner..
Pappy

Post by Pappy »

I've read quite a few of his books and most are very good. Some I couldn't get in to, but the others I seemed to fly through.

I loved in 3rd Rock From The Sun how the aliens thought normal people read John Grisham and they were each in the middle of their books. They were all sitting on the coffee table and they all picked them up and realized that seomthing was askew, not much, but it was and then realized that they had the wrong Grisham book.
Sheila
Favorite Author: Impossible to pick
Favorite Book: Gone With The Wind
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Sheila »

He is also one of my favorite, I got the Innocent Man for Christmas and it was finished by New Years. My all time favorite of his is The Last Juror. Some of my other favorites are as follows:

The Rainmaker
The Client
The Firm
The Runaway Jury
The Broker
Biblioklept

Post by Biblioklept »

I went through a Grisham period but got a little burned out. I guess I can only take so much courtroom/lawyer drama stuff....but he is very good at what he does.
Always read stuff that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
P. J. O'Rourke
Lynn Brown

Post by Lynn Brown »

I've read all the Grisham books, and really like them all Except for the last one, "The Appeal". Truly, I did not like this last one whatsoever, and it was not like any of his others to date - legal or not. "A Painted House" is probably my favorite.
msbaby

Post by msbaby »

There were a few of the Grisham books that I enjoyed, but most were just too "legal" and business oriented for my taste. It was amazing to me how his books were all so well received, but most of the movies that were based on his books didn't exactly receive critical acclaim.
Pappy

Post by Pappy »

I think there's no other author that makes money so entertaining. The King of Torts is like reading someone's dream of fortune.
julz

Post by julz »

I too would have to recommend, an Innocent Man. Real-life stories are stranger than fiction.
baconpatroller

Post by baconpatroller »

I've read all his books except the most recent one. I've read Rainmaker about 10-15 times. My favourite of his is A Time to Kill, which I've read 7-10 times. I don't know why I read these books over and over, but there it is.
sharon.gmc

Post by sharon.gmc »

I don't like books about lawyer but I might try reading his this weekend. . . I've been reading a lot of positive reviews about grisham. . .i like detective novels. . .
mdest

Post by mdest »

In my opinion he's just another run of the mill I-write-bad-fiction-for-$ entertainer.
dbreeds

Post by dbreeds »

John Grisham is hands-down one of my favorites. I have read nearly all of his books, still waiting to start on the Appeal, and the Apprentice just came out, but my favorite has to be the Testament.
Jack Dylan

Post by Jack Dylan »

Ya gotta dig 'em!
clgoh

Post by clgoh »

His stories are always entertaining and well paced. They often read like a Hollywood movie

Return to “Discuss Authors”