Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Who was the first author you had to read "everything" by

Post by Manang Muyang »

TheSeelieCourtJester wrote:I also liked reading Edgar Allen Poe's literary works, though I thought it was a shame that almost every woman he loved died of tuberculosis.
That's one curious fact. Maybe the great poet/writer was a carrier of the dreaded TB virus who could transmit it without becoming afflicted. (Thank God TB is now easily cured!) Perhaps that is one reason he wrote so well. All that love lost! His writings have made him immortal, that is, remembered to this day and surely even beyond.
Jazmiera
Currently Reading: Monster
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jazmiera »

I was really into Kevin Brooks. After I had read Candy I was hooked. All of his books leave you begging for more and page turning. From candy, I went to Lucas and that was such a great book! Kevin Brooks never disappoints
ErinLynn917
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erinlynn917.html
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch

Post by ErinLynn917 »

I was in third grade when I got to pick a book to take home (and keep(!), that was a novelty at the time) after a field trip to the local library. I chose Once Upon a Curse by E.D. Baker.

I didn't know at the time, but it was the third book in the series. I read it in a day, and then proceeded to go back to the library and check out the two previous books in the series. And then I read all three in order. Baker is still continuing the series to this day. And I always find myself checking the new books out because I want to know what happens next.

I've also turned my nieces and younger cousins on to the series and Baker's other books/series. Baker was the first author that really got my attention, and I can't help but continuing to read her books, just because they still capture my imagination, and helped shape who I am and the books I love today.
Latest Review: "The Immigrant's Lament" by Mois benarroch
WestIndie001
Favorite Author: James M. Gabagat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-westindie001.html
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
fav_author_id: 125024

Post by WestIndie001 »

C.S. Lewis. Reading his books was a class requirement throughout my Catholic school days. I loved Chronicles of Narnia though.
Latest Review: "Everything I Know about Business and Marketing, I Learned from THE TOXIC AVENGER" by Jeffrey W. Sass
Kelebogile Mbangi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 123
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelebogile-mbangi.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Post by Kelebogile Mbangi »

Jane Austen! And it all began with Pride and Prejudice!
"And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed!
(98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" - Dr. Seuss
jimthorne2
Favorite Book: Christians in the Age of Outrage
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimthorne2.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jimthorne2 »

Daniel Silva. I can't get enough of what he has written and read his novels over and over again. His main character is fixed in my psyche.
Jim Thorne
IsabelMay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3761
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isabelmay.html
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller

Post by IsabelMay »

I can't remember the first one, but a few years ago I disovered J.L. Armentrout. She writes series mostly so I love to pick them up during summer, but it's nothing too spectacular. She has a very simple writing style so her books are a quick enjoyable read. I wish she would spend more time in developing the characters, though, as they sometimes turn out the same in every book.
Latest Review: "Anna's Journey" by Gerald Miller
Diah
Currently Reading: One Night for Love
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reading Device: B01M0JCU9B

Post by Diah »

Agatha Christie. I have finished her book when I was 14 years old. Love "Poirot" character so much. I bought all :techie-studyinggray: Agatha Christie's books twice. :techie-studyingbrown:
Jauthor97
Favorite Author: J R R Tolkien
Currently Reading: From Drift to SHIFT
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jauthor97.html
Latest Review: "And The Little Hills Rejoice" by Barry Bennett Blander
fav_author_id: 2578

Post by Jauthor97 »

P.W.Catanese! I read his book "The Thief and the Beanstalk" and I loved it so much that I ended up reading every book that he had done at the time. He's probably written more since then...I should look into that.
Latest Review: "And The Little Hills Rejoice" by Barry Bennett Blander
Papercut
Currently Reading: Raven's Peak
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Papercut »

I started off reading a lot of fanfictions because I was hella crazy about comics and anime. I soon drifted off and found one of the beautiful poems that I ever read. It was Edgar Allan Poe's Annabel Lee. Some people call it "calling" when something captivated and moved them but for me, it was like life took my breath away and broke a tear. Minutes later, I was crying.

Soon, I scoured our school library. Don't really sure if I did read everything written by Poe but I think I read like a maniac. Meet him at the age of 14 and he's still with me as I was writing this.
Penielmike
Currently Reading: The World's Greatest Serial Killers
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by Penielmike »

Chinua Achebe was the first author I had to read. His books are like magnet, and I find it hard to keep them off me. His figurative expressions make his tales easy to comprehend. He is one of the greatest authors that ever lived.
Maria joraimah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 92854">The Zodiac Killer</a>
Currently Reading: Unbroken
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by Maria joraimah »

Once I discovered and read the books written by Sidney Sheldon, I just can't seem to get enough of it. One book led to another. And I won't tire reading his novels again and again if I have to. He was such a great author.
" HAPPINESS is finding PEACE within yourself! " :D
Penielmike
Currently Reading: The World's Greatest Serial Killers

Post by Penielmike »

Sidney Sheldon was one author whose books have the reputation of keeping your eyes glued to the pages to see what happens next, and such next dramas are quite thrilling and never ends. I first read one of his books "The Best Laid Plans" in 2006.
Keri wood
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-keri-wood.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Keri wood »

V.C Andrews I have loved her books since elementary.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
Ssinghal
Bookshelf Size: 1113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ssinghal.html
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Post by Ssinghal »

I had to read every single book by JK Rowling since I just could not stop reading after I was done with the first one. In fact, Harry Potter series was what actually got me started into reading books.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one...
-George RR Martin
Latest Review: "Call Me Pomeroy" by James Hanna

Return to “Discuss Authors”